Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 34

KawadaSmile

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main card could be great, but after being burned two years in a row, I'm avoiding the pre-show this time. Instead, my pal Sean (Shrike02) and I are going to watch a playlist of old school stuff I've put together this morning before the main card starts. Feel free to join in

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV6RCTo_Cd0CxLuBAFyRpGlyK-7DE3oYg

Last match is Backlund vs the late Johnny Valiant from The Spectrum

Apparently there's a twitter account about a people walking out if Roman/Lesnar is the main event, as if some of those smarks couldn't embarass themselves even more.

Im willing to bet plenty of these geeks dont even have a ticket

Apparently there's a twitter account about people walking out if Roman/Lesnar is the main event, as if some of those smarks couldn't embarrass themselves even more.

It's so funny to me how many wrestling fans that think they're smart come off so often as the marks they try so hard not to be. It's a weird dichotomy being an internet wrestling fan.

Example: Roman Reigns gets a big push in the main event of WWE. He's a good worker that has good matches. Wrestling fans turn on him, shit on him & say he sucks. Kazuchika Okada gets a big push in the main event of NJPW. He's a good worker that has good matches. Wrestling fans embrace him, say he's great & call him one of the best in the world.

Is the difference only that one is WWE and the other isn't? What is it about Roman that they don't like? I always assumed it was that they didn't want to be force fed and told who the top guy was, that they wanted the top guy to be the person that the fans selected, not Vince McMahon. But then that theory goes out the window when those same fans embrace what New Japan does. It's really odd to me.

I think there's a good chance that Roman Reigns Vs. Brock Lesnar is the best match of the night & it's a match that I'm really looking forward to. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Paul Heyman turn on Brock.

I think the AJ Styles Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura match is the one that a lot of internet fans will be looking forward to the most & I think it is going to leave a lot to be desired. Nakamura does nothing for me & has been pretty lame in WWE all around. Maybe the previous history & chemistry between the two will give Nak some motivation but if it just comes off as a Smackdown match with more finisher kickouts, I'm going to be disappointed.

I certainly wouldn't pay over $1,000 for a trip just to leave before the finale.

Apparently there's a twitter account about a people walking out if Roman/Lesnar is the main event, as if some of those smarks couldn't embarass themselves even more.

Im willing to bet plenty of these geeks dont even have a ticket

And even if they have: they already paid for it, making this sort of manifestation rather useless.

What is it about Roman that they don't like?

He didn't wrestle in small venues in Indiana in front of 25 people for IWA-MS for free because Ian didn't pay him nor did he do an extensive New Japan tour that consisted of him having Meltzer six star matches against Kenny Omega and Juice Robinson?

This will be my first year since 31 trying to do this live and only second time i have ever tried to watch one of these live, I didn't quite manage it then as I had to go for a walk during taker vs bray to keep me awake. This year will be even longer so I think It will be going to 5am over here (cue el-p saying it will go to 6 am over there) it is gonna be tough but this is a great looking card.

Wrestling fans in general are embarrassments (present company excluded, of course). For me, they've become the obnoxious people on Facebook who have opposing views (or even the same views) and express them in the dumbest ways possible.

I have preserved my sanity by stopping my Mania Weekend binge early. Kept Takeover and ROH and all the other indy shows for later. Gonna try to make it through the night.

Slacker. Looking forward to you getting delirious given how late this'll be going.

I am beyond pumped for this card. Really excited for the show.

Is PWO loading unusually slowly for everyone else today?

He didn't wrestle in small venues in Indiana in front of 25 people for IWA-MS for free because Ian didn't pay him nor did he do an extensive New Japan tour that consisted of him having Meltzer six star matches against Kenny Omega and Juice Robinson?

They don't like that he was pushed to the top over Daniel Bryan, even though time has shown that Reigns was a better choice if nothing else for his health. I think WWE has finally learned that if you want your babyfaces to be over, you don't put the fans in a position to choose between that babyface and Daniel Bryan. Sheamus, Batista, and Reigns.

They're idiots because they're booing Reigns instead of Vince and Hunter (yes, Hunter). It's symptomatic of a larger belief that Vince books solely based on his own personal tastes instead of what the audience wants. The truth is more complicated than I think either side wants to admit, though.

They don't like that he was pushed to the top over Daniel Bryan, even though time has shown that Reigns was a better choice if nothing else for his health. I think WWE has finally learned that if you want your babyfaces to be over, you don't put the fans in a position to choose between that babyface and Daniel Bryan. Sheamus, Batista, and Reigns.

They're idiots because they're booing Reigns instead of Vince and Hunter (yes, Hunter). It's symptomatic of a larger belief that Vince books solely based on his own personal tastes instead of what the audience wants. The truth is more complicated than I think either side wants to admit, though.

This is usually the case. In wrestling and just about everything else. People want simple but only so much actually is in fact that simplistic.

I'm off tomorrow and Wrestlemania has fallen on my birthday this year so I guess it's only right that I try and sit up and watch it live. I've actually managed it the last couple years, but that was with my brother and this year I need to go it alone, so we'll see how that goes.

Perhaps I will join you all in here and we'll see if that keeps me pushing on. Card looks pretty great, either way.

Perhaps I will join you all in here and we'll see if that keeps me pushing on. Card looks pretty great, either way.

That's honestly one of the reasons I'm here. Eating food, drinking coffee, consuming sugar, and posting in this thread are what is going to keep me going through a marathon Mania.

I still say a lot of it stems from him, a football wash out rather

than a veteran indie darling replacing Chris Hero in CM Punks orginial vision of The Shield, and then being THE GUY in the 2015 Rumble after all the fan favorites got eliminated.

I think you might be a little too "smark" and "inside" with this one.

90% of the WWE audience has no idea who Chris Hero is.

90% of the wider NXT audience, who wasn't exposed to Chris Hero before, doesn't care one bit about Kassius Ohno.

The other 10% of the narrower NXT audience, who watches indies and know who Chris Hero is, thinks Ohno should be utilized better - despite not looking or sounding like a star, not being particularly over with the wider NXT fanbase, and coming across as Duke "The Dumpster" Drose 2018.

You can argue all day that NXT should utilize Hero better, but that hasn't stopped others with mostly losses - like "The Perfect 10" Ty Dillinger - from gaining a following. Ohno doesn't really have that in NXT.