Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-04-08-WWE-Wrestlemania XXXIV] Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

ShittyLittleBoots

UNREAL ovation for Bryan; very emotional seeing him walk down that ramp w/ his wrestling gear on once again. The match quality is very much boosted by the story behind his comeback - it's fairly simple in structure w/ KO & Zayn attacking Bryan before the bell rings, leaving him laying for quite a while, which means Shane had to fight alone while Bryan recovered. I thought Shane's FIP segment was really good - both KO & Zayn, especially Zayn, were really good working the heat on him & mocking him all the way while doing it. Shane's selling of his injury was pretty damn good. Maybe it's that magic of Bryan's comeback & it being WrestleMania and all, but I thought Shane's performance was ON POINT. This is the first time since his return in 2016 that he hasn't annoyed me much, because he didn't do that faux-MMA stuff of his; he felt like an untrained street fighting GM just busting out wild strikes to try & fight. And holy shit when Bryan came out to break that pin & finally Shane got to tag him to the ring - fireworks. Absolute fireworks. Him running through all of his signature moves was lovely & Zayn was absolutely wonderful bumping & selling his ass off for him. For one moment, right now, everything is right & beautiful in the world; the greatest wrestler in the world is back. And he is back with a bang. ****

I didn't like this match as much as you did, but it was still very satisfying and enjoyable.

Shane's early fire and selling were pretty damn good, but once the heels started getting their heat on, things were... not as good. KO just doesn't do it for me, as he seems unable to garner any type of heat in a convincing fashion.

Daniel Bryan is obviously the star in this, and it's a magical moment from the hot tag onwards. It's like he never had to leave.

I'm with Kawada on this...it was one of the essential matches of the night but, was nothing tremendous past Bryan's in ring return.

I'm not a WWE Danielson fan as his in ring ROH performances were so iconic that I have a hard time reconciling the two characters (still can't get over the name change). So, I'm biased I guess :)

A feel good moment and thoroughly satisfying match. When Bryan made his entrance, I got a touch emotional. No-one deserves a comeback match more than that beautiful bastard.

Shane McMahon can get lost though. His punches are still awful and I feel sorry for anyone who has to sell for them. Anything involving him was mediocre and he didn't even get any of his big spots minus an admittedly great Van Terminator. He's not in this for long though, and as soon as Bryan gets back in, the match is back on track. Bryan hasn't lost a step and seeing him mix it up with Zayn and Owens makes you realize how well the indy wrestlers have taken over the WWE in the past decade. Bryan got all his spots in and it was a breezy watch.

★★★½

Aside from this being the first match back for Bryan, this was skippable for me. That being said, as someone who had the same type of hernia Shane has, I can't imagine wrestling and bumping with it, even though I am sure he had it braced and padded. That had to hurt like a motherfucker...

• GSR changed the title to [2018-04-08-WWE-Wrestlemania XXXIV] Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn