Pro Wrestling Only

Post-Mania WWE TV (04/09 - 04/15)

KawadaSmile

It speaks to how terrible Coach is that people are excited to have Booker T back.

The first week I could kind of give him a pass since he was out of the company for so long and obviously wasn't keeping up. The amazing part was how he was still sounding like a clueless newb weeks later. He clearly was making zero attempt at trying to get better to the point the other two were openly mocking him.

Couldn't happen to a better guy either. He got so cocky for no reason working for ESPN, he became someone you start rooting for to get knocked down a peg. It was hilarious seeing him on Twitter talking down to wrestling people as if he was a longtime worker and not a goofy commentary guy.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach's call during the Braun/Nicholas shit at Mania is up there with the worst of all time. Graves was talking about how ridiculous it all was and Coach replies with "Look, he's out there, making a dream come true for this young kid!" Not only did it sound inauthentic, it was maybe the most tone deaf take on pro wrestling you could pull off. Graves rebutted by completely ripping it to shreds, talking about how it was a Tag Team Title match at Wrestlemania, not a Make-a-Wish request and he sounded genuinely angry instead of putting it on as he does when he's busting Booker's or Byron's balls. So yeah, he'll be no great loss to the booth and Booker will inject a bit of life into the commentary at the very least.

Considering the recent roster shakeup, I think I'd almost prefer to have him back on Smackdown. I really dug his first run there, with no less than 25 guys in his "Fave Five" at any given time.

But any Booker is good in my book. His energy is infectious, and his chemistry with Graves is pretty good.

I couldn't even tell you what they thought Coach brought to the table. Zero presence. No energy. No identifiable personality or traits. He was practically stealing money by sitting out there.

I find Booker distracting and annoying as hell, ever since he first started commentating.

With Coach, I can at least ignore him, but somehow, that isn't possible with Booker. So yeah, I probably might be the only one here happy that it stay the way it i.

You are not alone. Coach is much, much easier to tune out.

Tonight raised a question to me. Why was Lashley not Braun's mystery partner at Mania?

Because they dont want to have Braun in the tag division and they wanted to give him something to do that wasnt being in the battle royal.
Plus

-Granted its not on the level of Brocks or Goldbergs but they wanted to save Lashley for the Post Mania Raw surprise return pop.

-As you said, it paid off the Braun doesnt want a legit partner storyline by it not being any sort of planted legit worker, be it a local Ellsworth like guy or someone on the payroll.

OE: Yeah, technially Goldberg debuted, guess the way the whole MNW happened and ended, watching it now it does feel more like a return than someone making a debut.

It feels a little bit win-win to me. Either Lashley gets over like they want and is a legit main event star for the next few years or we get a Batista situation where his presence actually makes the fans get more behind Braun out of resentment (at which point you can turn Lashley heel anyway)