Post-Mania WWE TV (04/09 - 04/15)

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#41 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1660 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

I wasn't expecting Ellering to stick around once the AOP got the call up. The dude's up there in age and making TV takings in Florida every few weeks is much different than showing up for Raw or Smackdown and PPV every week.

#42 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 2097 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

Really hate phrases like "smarting me up" by Reigns like we are supposed to be believe that Brock and Vince is shooting on him

#43 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

They must be doing this shit on purpose.

Roman's actually been booked as a fraud. How does this benefit anyone?

And Joe's been cutting babyface promos on him. Shit's so absurd, this MUST be leading up to something. This can't stay the same after what they did yesterday.

#44 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:06 PM

Joe v Roman at Backlash

#45 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1111 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

That leaked script was legit. They got every detail down.

This has been a great show, by the way. The best RAW I've seen in a long while.

#46 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

They must be doing this shit on purpose.

Roman's actually been booked as a fraud. How does this benefit anyone?

And Joe's been cutting babyface promos on him. Shit's so absurd, this MUST be leading up to something. This can't stay the same after what they did yesterday.

he's been booked predominantly terribly for three years so I don't see why it'll change now

#47 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:15 PM

Fuck Wyatt. Takes himself way too seriously to be doing this Broken Hardy shit despite being the worst worker of the duo.

#48 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 2097 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

Fuck Wyatt. Takes himself way too seriously to be doing this Broken Hardy shit despite being the worst worker of the duo.

And Corey Graves trying to speak like Woken Matt is a recipe that this gimmick will be at best annoying in about 3 months.  

#49 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:27 PM

Completely forgot that Backlash was going to be a dual brand PPV.

So far they've announced Miz/Rollins, Joe/Reigns and The Bar/XX, right?

#50 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

Bar match is at the .Saudi rumble

#51 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:34 PM

Good lord, Coachman is awful.

"The Greatest Royal Rumble is going to be the best card since...Wrestlemania yesterday!"

#52 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 2097 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

How long is this Greatest Royal Rumble show going to be with apparently 7 title matches and the 50 man Royal Rumble.  It might be longer than Wrestlemania

#53 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:37 PM

"Fight forever" chants directed at KO/SZ. They are officially bad.

OK they are good again. TNA chants were pretty well done.

#54 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11230 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

That show should have probably ended with Elias.

#55 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:35 PM

The only time You deserve it has been good was when they chanted it at Ciampa after he took the powerbomb to the concrete Saturday night.

#56 TonyPulis'Cap

TonyPulis'Cap
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:28 AM

I'm PWO's sole Ember Moon supporter, I think. I approve.

Hey, I'm an Ember supporter too, so lets make that two of us at least!

I think some criticisms of the gimmick she had in NXT were fair - I'm not sure quite what they were really going for, and probably neither were they - but as a performer, she has consistently been really good in pretty much all her matches. I thought in particular her match with Asuka at Takeover Brooklyn was fantastic. I love her selling as well - in the matches against Asuka and the one with Shayna at Takeover Philadelphia. Over the last few months they had moved away quite a lot from the whole mysterious part of the character to where she was basically just a fiery babyface.

For people that may not like her, I'd recommend watching the last NXT TV show of the year for 2017 which was more of an end of year review. There's a personality piece they do on her that was great and she comes across so well. I'm rooting for you Ember!      

#57 TonyPulis'Cap

TonyPulis'Cap
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:29 AM

I've also always quite liked No Way Jose. I think it is a valid point to say the character may not work on the main show, but he's fun, and deserves this chance. He'd work great in a tag team I think.  

#58 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:48 AM

I'm there. Ember is one of the better women worker they have. She run circles around most of the girls in the main roster. And she got a cool funky look. The whole "I don't know what her character is" is nonsense steeming from the overstated "character work" bullshit taking point that itself steemed from Post Benoit Workrate Guilt. What is Naomi's character for instance ? She's glowing ? People are overthinking pro-wrestling at times. Ember Moon's a terrific worker with a funky look. If that's not enough for you to care, you're watching the wrong show. Can't wait for the new matches for her now.

#59 Slasher

Slasher
  • Members
  • 1844 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:54 AM

I'm there. Ember is one of the better women worker they have. She run circles about most of the girls in the main roster. And she got a cool funky look. The whole "I don't know what her chacater is" is nonsense steeming from the overstated "character work" bullshit. What is Naomi's character ? She's glowing ? People are overthinking pro-wrestling at times. She's a terrific worker with a funky look. If that's not enough for you to care, you're watching the wrong show.

I like Ember too. She has a look that stands out even in a division where everyone has weird colored hair or garish makeup. She is more than solid in the ring. She probably could work with any sort of opponent and adapt. The only thing for me is I think she'll ultimately settle in a Becky Lynch type role on Raw, the babyface character that should be pushed more but is instead a gatekeeper for girls moving on up towards the Sasha/Charlotte/Alexa/Ronda/Asuka tier.

#60 Gutenberger

Gutenberger

The German

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Football (The european version),
    Reading, Video Games, TV-Series, Movies, Comicbooks. . .

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:25 AM

That TNA line by Angle was the highlight of the show, imo.

I like Ember, so I'm cool with her call-up.

I despise NWJever since first seeing him, his whole schtick s just awful to me, so... Screw him.

AoP much deserved their call-up, and I hope they get treated right.

And yes, Lashley is back. Couldn't care less, to be honest. I'll give him a chance, but he was never of any interest to me.

Final thought, is Roman's new gimmick that HE thinks teher's a political hit on him? If so, did they steal that idea from here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users