Pro Wrestling Only

Post-Mania WWE TV (04/09 - 04/15)

KawadaSmile

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I wonder if we're going to see any more callups on Smackdown, or if last night was it and they'll just get shuffled around in the don't-call-it-a-draft next week.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a few more. I feel like Almas/Vega still need to let Gargano get his win back, and probably put over Black again, but they may still come up. Sanity's another possibility, and maybe the Iconic Duo. That's just idle speculation though.

I would assume that The Iconic Duo is a lock. I could also see them fast-tracking Bianca Belair (though 6-12 more months in Florida, including working longer matches would definitely help her).

Regarding the Ember Moon discussion: I have two problems with her, (1) the mentioned cosplay thing, (2) I feel that she is one of the wrestlers who look good in NXT because the TV / PPV matches are so extensively produced, that probably they train them spot-by-spot in the ring beforehand. If something unexpected happens in the ring or the match is not that deeply produced (which will be the case on the main roster), she will (and did sometimes in NXT) look lost. There is a reason why someone like Bayley looks much worse on the main roster than she did in NXT, and it's not just booking / loss of confidence.

Ember's good in the ring, but comparing her to Naomi at this point, specially when it comes to getting her character across is a bad take.

We don't know if she's supposed to be a vampire, a werewolf, or both. She might be WWE's version of otherkin for all we know, but she never gets that across, both in the ring and in promos.

What if Roman loses in Saudi Arabia? I haven't seen that possibility discussed. Sure, there is the rumor that there needs to be a title change at the event, but that can be any title. I almost wouldn't put it past WWE to ensure 2-3 titles changes hands and that Lesnar holds on to the strap because of 'reasons'.

Aren't the vacant Raw Tag Team Titles being decided in Saudi Arabia?

Considering there are rumors of Lashley and Brock main eventing Summerslam for the Universal Title, it might be a possibility.

Joe is going to be featured in the GRR against Miz, Rollins and Balor, but he has started to feud with Roman against, and both will have a match at Backlash. That could also be the title change they talked about.

What if Roman loses in Saudi Arabia? I haven't seen that possibility discussed. Sure, there is the rumor that there needs to be a title change at the event, but that can be any title. I almost wouldn't put it past WWE to ensure 2-3 titles changes hands and that Lesnar holds on to the strap because of 'reasons'.

Aren't the vacant Raw Tag Team Titles being decided in Saudi Arabia?

Yeah and if that somehow fills the mandate...this thread will be revisited with even more questions if Roman were to lose. I really don't want to think about it right now. :(

With the title match being a cage match that means that roman could win the title without pinning brock, that in my book would be even worse as he gets destroyed at mania gets a rematch for no reason and then wins without beating the champ. But if roman looses he again looks bad, this match is lose lose is it not?

With the title match being a cage match that means that roman could win the title without pinning brock, that in my book would be even worse as he gets destroyed at mania gets a rematch for no reason and then wins without beating the champ. But if roman looses he again looks bad, this match is lose lose is it not?

Brother, it's already been lost.

If Roman loses then they'll have made him one of the biggest jokes in the history of the company from a character perspective. Victimised by Brock Lesnar indeed.

Also, apparently Shane 'stood up' to Lesnar backstage at Mania whatever that means so maybe he'll be the next Universal Champion. Seriously, fuck Brock at this point.

If Roman loses then they'll have made him one of the biggest jokes in the history of the company from a character perspective. Victimised by Brock Lesnar indeed.

Also, apparently Shane 'stood up' to Lesnar backstage at Mania whatever that means so maybe he'll be the next Universal Champion. Seriously, fuck Brock at this point.

Its been said before, but everything -- good and bad -- rests at the top.

Its been said before, but everything -- good and bad -- rests at the top.

That's 100% true, Vince put himself into this situation through repeated fuck ups.

Obviously we don't know the full power dynamics at work here but I have to think that HHH as a shrewd political operator in his own right must be seething at how badly they're getting played her. Or just fucking relieved to be working with Ronda instead.

There are a lot of leaps here. I don't know what's going on and the idea of a guaranteed title change for Saudi Arabians seems silly and my gut tells me it isn't true. That said, the idea of presenting Roman Reigns this way when they want(ed?) him to replace John Cena as top guy seems even sillier.

What if Reigns was never suppose to be the follow up to Thriller? What if Reigns is just suppose to be some filler/transitional star until WWE finds a Daniel Bryan (who doesn't have the same medical history) to follow Cena? Everything until then is just a show to keep the hardcores satisfied and the fair weather fans someone content (if not fully engaged). Roman Reigns is the "Music & Me" follow up to "Thriller" and its not working. WWE is still waiting for "Bad" and doesn't want to convey that.

Equally silly is the way some people are commenting on Brock's current conditioning, as if he would show up in the exact same shape for a real fight. As if intense, extensive training regimens do not happen before big fights. As if he doesn't understand the importance of actually training for a payday that's dependent on real performance output versus a staged, predetermined sport where the payday comes as long as you show up.

It's the path of least resistance, folks. Brock traveling that path is human nature. Vince paving it for him is the actual issue here.

What if Reigns was never suppose to be the follow up to Thriller. What is Reigns is just suppose to be some filler/transitional star until WWE finds a Daniel Bryan (who doesn't have the same medical history) to follow Cena. Everything until then is just a show to keep the hardcores satisfied and the fair weather fans someone content (if not fully engaged). Roman Reigns is the "Music & Me" follow up to "Thriller" and its not working. WWE is still waiting for "Bad" and doesn't want to convey that.

They might be at that point now, but to suggest Roman was never supposed to be the Guy is revisionist history.