Pro Wrestling Only

My posts

Slasher

Hey guys, sorry to post this in this folder, not sure where else to post, but I wanted to know if I am wasting my time on this board? It would seem that the majority of the posters here ignore my posts. So I was wondering why. Do people here think I am a troll or something? Many times I see the exact same points made by other people that people respond to, following my posts. No hard feelings here if I am on a block list or something. I just need confirmation so I can determine if I should stop wasting my energy posting here or not.

Have away at it the very few left that can read this post. Thanks guys for reading.

I didn't notice that. Maybe I just didn't notice your posts (just kiddiiiiiiing !)

I dunno, stuff like that happens to me regularly to, when I make a point that is vastly ignored and then someone later on makes more or less the same and gets replied five times. Just, a matter of dynamics and moments I guess. I wouldn't worry about it too much though.

This will happen on any board. You sometimes post something and it's "ignored." Or, worse, you're the last post in a thread and you feel like you killed the thread, lol. But no one is ignoring you and you didn't kill the thread (unless you're this guy :D) - these things sometimes happen.

One tip: Try uploading an avatar for yourself. They might make your posts more noticeable. I'm not sure if that kind of thing matters on this board, but it's definitely had an effect on other boards I post in.

This will happen on any board. You sometimes post something and it's "ignored." Or, worse, you're the last post in a thread and you feel like you killed the thread, lol. But no one is ignoring you and you didn't kill the thread - these things sometimes happen.

One tip: Try uploading an avatar for yourself. They might make your posts more noticeable. I'm not sure if that kind of thing matters on this board, but it's definitely had an effect on other boards I post in.

I know C.S. for his avatar and recent insistence that Asuka isnt over.

This will happen on any board. You sometimes post something and it's "ignored." Or, worse, you're the last post in a thread and you feel like you killed the thread, lol. But no one is ignoring you and you didn't kill the thread (unless you're this guy :D) - these things sometimes happen.

:D

When I first started posting on one of the boards that indirectly spawned this one (The Rantsylvania Delphi forum) way back in 1999, I used the posting name DiamondDave2000. I posted for a few weeks, and I noticed that more often than not when I posted, nobody would respond and even worse, my post would be the last one in the thread and the thread would just die. I felt like not only did people not want to respond to my posts, but when I tried to contribute to a conversation I'd end up killing the whole conversation. That was why I changed my posting name to The Thread Killer and I've used it ever since. Ironically after I did that, people stopped ignoring my posts (for the most part) or even if they didn't, my posts wouldn't end up being the last one in the thread - the conversation would continue around me, at least.

C.S. actually gave you the exact same advice I was going to. I don't think you should discount the effect an avatar or signature has on your profile. There are a number of posters here who don't have an avatar and they have what I consider similar or unremarkable posting names so it's easy to kind of unintentionally pass over their posts. When I go into a thread and scan it, I will usually look to see if people I know are involved in the conversation. Whenever I see the Mankind avatar I know C.S. is there, so I'll consciously make an effort to read it. Same with guys like Loss, Mad Dog, KawadaSmile, Ricky Jackson, TG, FMKK, Matt D and a bunch of others. I respect the opinions of those guys, but they also have very catchy avatars, so when they post it catches my eye and I make an effort to check out what they said. Even the guys who I don't agree with sometimes (like El-P for example) can come across as nice people who I will make an effort to follow, when I see they have posted. (Conversely, there are a couple who I make an effort to avoid, but we won't get into that.)

Another good way to engage in conversation is start your own threads and solicit opinions of the other members. You might find common interests with other members or areas for debate and discussions will grow out of that.

The important thing is (for the most part) this is a community. I have found that the majority of the posters here are pretty decent people. You get the odd one who is trolling for attention or sadly trying to work some sort of lame contrarian messageboard heel gimmick by being needlessly rude or disagreeing with everything (which is more sad than anything) but you're always going to get people like that. At least here, those people are in the minority and the mods are pretty good at weeding them out.

I understand where you are coming from, Slasher. Don't give up on posting here. PWO needs all the good members it can get, to offset people like me. :P

This will happen on any board. You sometimes post something and it's "ignored." Or, worse, you're the last post in a thread and you feel like you killed the thread, lol. But no one is ignoring you and you didn't kill the thread - these things sometimes happen.

I know C.S. for his avatar and recent insistence that Asuka isnt over.

For me, it's his avatar and strange distaste for Samoa Joe.

I wanted to recommand you to get an avatar too, but all these people I don't know just did before I could.

The solution is to expound at length upon how whoever is being discussed compares to Volk Han or the Crush Gals.

That one was coming eventually. :lol:

Hey guys, sorry to post this in this folder, not sure where else to post, but I wanted to know if I am wasting my time on this board? It would seem that the majority of the posters here ignore my posts. So I was wondering why. Do people here think I am a troll or something? Many times I see the exact same points made by other people that people respond to, following my posts. No hard feelings here if I am on a block list or something. I just need confirmation so I can determine if I should stop wasting my energy posting here or not.

Have away at it the very few left that can read this post. Thanks guys for reading.

I've never thought you were a troll or anything. I haven't been posting much in general, so it's nothing personal.

Since people seem to know me by who I don't like, I'll get a jump on the next person and point out ahead of time that I also don't like Kassius Ohno. :D

(My dislike of Adam Cole doesn't seem controversial 'round these parts.)

His reign as NXT Champion was a colossal bore (to be fair, the same can be said for Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura) and I honestly don't see anything special in him. 15 years ago? Maybe he had it then. But he's just another old brawler type now who isn't very convincing in the "tough guy" role he's been cast in. I could buy him as an overconfident jock whose glory days are behind him and he's bitten off more than he can chew.

Dude, I don't need you to make the argument again. I just said it was distinctive.

Dude, I don't need you to make the argument again. I just said it was distinctive.

Agreed. I erased my Joe post before I saw yours. It's better left for another thread (or not at all, since I actually deleted it and can't get it back, lol).