Pro Wrestling Only

Who Booked This? The Podcast Thread

Grimmas

JR Goldberg and myself have started a new show. First episode is now up, and a new one will be up every Monday (we have three more recorded and are trying to stay way ahead).

We are taking look at the bizarre and shitty of wrestling and we start off with the very first Punjabi Prison Match between Big Show and The Undertaker from the 2006 Great American Bash. Enjoy on the PWO Podcast Network!

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/wbt001

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/wbt3

You are all in for a treat this week, as the Golden Grahams take a look back at IWA Japan's "House Death Match". This is the most bizarre match in wrestling history.
Sound effects, slow motion, art house shots, air planes, and the weirdest stip we have ever heard of, this is a joy.

Watch the match for yourself: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTRXUtPKlQ

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/who-booked-this-brothers-of-destruction-vs-kronik

In the first of our Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards Worst Match of the Year series, The Golden Grahams head to 2001 to visit the classic between Kronik and the WCW World Tag Team Champions of Kane and The Undertaker.

Is it really that bad? What went wrong? Why do we do this show?

I've been making my way through these and they're a lot of fun. Good work guys.

The Batista/Khali Punjabi Prison is basically the same, but the pace is x5 slower because Khali, which makes it super tedious. They book it in terms of the doors and etc. pretty much the same way (because as you pointed out, it's the only way to book it that would make sense).

If you're taking requests, I want the TNA Lockbox Challenge.

I've been making my way through these and they're a lot of fun. Good work guys.

The Batista/Khali Punjabi Prison is basically the same, but the pace is x5 slower because Khali, which makes it super tedious. They book it in terms of the doors and etc. pretty much the same way (because as you pointed out, it's the only way to book it that would make sense).

If you're taking requests, I want the TNA Lockbox Challenge.

Thank you!

Sounds like the second Punjabi Prison may not be worth it.

On like the sixth episode we asked for requests, but that is week's away. We will get to your request in the future!

I'm surprised that won worst match of the year. There were some excellent contenders from the WWE that year with Bagwell/Booker and some of those Austin/Taker and HHH/Kane matches from the spring.

2001 was just the perfect storm of hate towards taker and like the guys said on the podcast i think it was equal parts the match itself and equal parts political voting. I always thought that the cage match at summerslam was worse but the kronik match is still a dirge.

I was trying to think back to my mentality at the time and I might have been inclined to vote for it for my hatred of Taker.

It's amazing what having some great matches at Mania and not being around all year long will do to change people's perspective, eh?

I was trying to think back to my mentality at the time and I might have been inclined to vote for it for my hatred of Taker.

It's amazing what having some great matches at Mania and not being around all year long will do to change people's perspective, eh?

Yeah, that seems to quickly fix a lot of guy's poor images.

Hardcore Elimination Chamber might deserve an in a vacuum look.

Sure even looking at it from a story telling standpoint with Punk and RVD getting tossed early its bad, but I dont think its as bad when you look at it knowing everything about the show, Heymans issues leading up to the show, and his ouster afterwards, etc.

Hardcore Elimination Chamber might deserve an in a vacuum look.

Sure even looking at it from a story telling standpoint with Punk and RVD getting tossed early its bad, but I dont think its as bad when you look at it knowing everything about the show, Heymans issues leading up to the show, and his ouster afterwards, etc.

That's a great choice. We'll get to it one day! There is a lot to talk about with that match.

Has the Gannosuke & Hayabusa Anus Explosion Death Match been covered anywhere before? Because if not, then THAT.

It could be fun to hear Steven's thoughts on Lance Storm vs Mike Awesome in that atrocious Canadian Rules match at some point, too.

Oh shit, I forgot about that. On a later episode we made a Russo only every six episodes rule, for our own sanity after talking about War Games 2000: Russo's Revenge, so we will get to it.

WCW doing a ppv in Vancouver was so odd.

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/wbt006

Disclaimer: The Nasty Boys vs Public Enemy "Double Dog Collar" match episode was lost due to the fun of Skype. Our apologies.

Instead you get War Games 2000: Russo's Revenge. What exactly was Russo's plan and how did he gain revenge? How did they fix "War Games" and make it even better? What is the point of teams in this match?

Vince Russo finally appears on Who Booked This and he gets the expected response.

Has the Gannosuke & Hayabusa Anus Explosion Death Match been covered anywhere before? Because if not, then THAT.

It could be fun to hear Steven's thoughts on Lance Storm vs Mike Awesome in that atrocious Canadian Rules match at some point, too.

I LOVE the Canadian Rules Hardcore match. I watched it sometime this year and it still holds up (in my view anyways). Heels being heels and ensuring the hometown guy wins because of obscure pro wrestling rules. Much like the Duchess of Queensbury match in WWE. I love it! You better not add this to the show Steven!! :)