Who Booked This? The Podcast Thread

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5754 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

I really like how you guys are presenting terrible wresting and have managed to do it in a different way than Wrestlecrap tended to approach things. It feels really fresh.

#42 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

I really like how you guys are presenting terrible wresting and have managed to do it in a different way than Wrestlecrap tended to approach things. It feels really fresh.

Thank you.

To be honest, I was trying to crib the "How did this get made" podcast, which looks at bad movies. Kind of wanted a fun, but not mean show. Glad it's working for you, it's fun to record.

#43 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5754 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

I liked how on the WWIII podcast you guys briefly talked about "WCW sucked sometimes because they had big ideas" instead of "LOLWCWDUM".

#44 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

Hardcore Elimination Chamber might deserve an in a vacuum look.

Sure even looking at it from a story telling standpoint with Punk and RVD getting tossed early its bad, but I dont think its as bad when you look at it knowing everything about the show, Heymans issues leading up to the show, and his ouster afterwards, etc.

Here you go!

https://soundcloud.c...stlingonly/wbt9

The Golden Grahams are here to talk the Extreme Elimination Chamber, as requested by Steve J. Rogers at prowrestlingonly.com. We can talk about your match by requesting it there, or @StevenGrahamTWS on twitter.

A match that sunk a brand, we talk about the match plus CM Punk, TNA history, politics, and we have a power outage. This show is a clusterfuck, just like this match?

#45 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2481 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:14 AM

I totally forgot that TNA did so many box gimmicks, my bad.

My request is for the Knockouts Lockbox Challenge which was for the women's title (amongst other things), that aired on Impact 5th April 2010. I hate to pile on but it was like a show long angle where they did the match, then the reveals, then the consequences kind of thing.

They also did Feast or Fired which was where there were multiple briefcases to get and like, one or more was for a title shot and one got you fired, which is what y'all were also thinking of.

#46 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:12 AM

I totally forgot that TNA did so many box gimmicks, my bad.

My request is for the Knockouts Lockbox Challenge which was for the women's title (amongst other things), that aired on Impact 5th April 2010. I hate to pile on but it was like a show long angle where they did the match, then the reveals, then the consequences kind of thing.

They also did Feast or Fired which was where there were multiple briefcases to get and like, one or more was for a title shot and one got you fired, which is what y'all were also thinking of.

JR has found me a Knockouts Lookbox Challenge from TV and we will watch that. I hope it's the same one. Either way, I assume it would qualify!

#47 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2481 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:20 AM

Pretty sure that would be the one.

#48 Jesse Ewiak

Jesse Ewiak
  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:44 PM

I realize it's Russo and well-known, but you have to do the Junkyard Invitational at Bash at the Beach 1999

#49 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

I realize it's Russo and well-known, but you have to do the Junkyard Invitational at Bash at the Beach 1999

Oh shit... we do!

#50 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5754 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

That one predates Russo.

#51 BrianB

BrianB
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

Right that's Kevin Nash as head booker, and a true nadir.

#52 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5754 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:25 PM

I think that one also needs the list of injuries sustained to be read off.

#53 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

If you're taking requests, I want the TNA Lockbox Challenge.

https://soundcloud.c...tlingonly/wbt10

You can now follow us on https://twitter.com/whobookedthepod

Here is the episode on TNA's Knockouts Lockbox Challenge, hope you all enjoy.

#54 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

Sure even looking at it from a story telling standpoint with Punk and RVD getting tossed early its bad, but I dont think its as bad when you look at it knowing everything about the show, Heymans issues leading up to the show, and his ouster afterwards, etc.

Here you go!

The Golden Grahams are here to talk the Extreme Elimination Chamber, as requested by Steve J. Rogers at prowrestlingonly.com. We can talk about your match by requesting it there, or @StevenGrahamTWS on twitter.

A match that sunk a brand, we talk about the match plus CM Punk, TNA history, politics, and we have a power outage. This show is a clusterfuck, just like this match?

FYI, there have been a number of Chamber matches featuring multiple stable/faction members.

Twice with Evolution, including one where Batista sacrificed himself so Triple H could retain his title. And Legacy broke up in one where DiBiase turned on Orton.

#55 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:50 AM

Here you go!

FYI, there have been a number of Chamber matches featuring multiple stable/faction members.

Twice with Evolution, including one where Batista sacrificed himself so Triple H could retain his title. And Legacy broke up in one where DiBiase turned on Orton.

Completely forgot about those.

#56 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:09 AM

Giant vs. Hogan sumo monster truck challenge and subsequent match from 1995, please.

Here you go: 

https://soundcloud.c...tlingonly/wbt11

You are welcome.

#57 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2481 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 AM

If you're taking requests, I want the TNA Lockbox Challenge.

https://soundcloud.c...tlingonly/wbt10

You can now follow us on https://twitter.com/whobookedthepod

Here is the episode on TNA's Knockouts Lockbox Challenge, hope you all enjoy.

I've been meaning to say, thank you guys for giving me this birthday present. It was everything I imagined it would be.

This Impact episode was one of the few I actually watched on TV as it happened, with my mother in the room, so you can imagine how embarrassing this was as I was trying to sell her on us watching TNA every week (I was very into hate watching and reviewing TNA at that point, it would have made it much more convenient).

This whole thing was like the perfect combination of WWE-style misogyny, WCW-style wacky nonsensical stips and TNA-style utter stupidity.

"The rules are simple" was an all-time amazing line and became a running joke in my house for a good long while.

#58 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards

King of typos

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:15 PM

You mentioned that there was a second guy in the truck, I remember when I first watched this noticing how obvious it was that Hogan was not driving from the exterior shots as you can see them through the windscreen driving the thing.

But the best bit about the monster truck match is that HOGAN DOES A HULK UP IN A MONSTER TRUCK MATCH!!!! When you got a formula you really got a formula.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users