Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-05-JWP] Commando Bolshoi vs Yuki Miyazaki

soup23

Commando continues to be one of my favorite underheralded workers in history. She may not have many MOTYC but her limb work is always logical and solid leading to matches that are enjoyable. Here she alternates between the leg and arm of Miyazaki and varies up the attack a ton before combining both focal points cleverly into some tight submissions at the finish. Miyazaki was strong fighting from mostly underneath and showing fire when needed throughout the matchup. A strong undercard match with a heavy focus on mat work leading to submissions. ***1/2 (6.8)

• 1 month later...

This turned into more of a Bolshoi appreciation match than a legitimately good pro-wrestling match but it was worth watching just to see Bolshoi work. She may be the best hybrid lucha-shoot style worker ever. I'm struggling to think of anyone who rivals her. I'm not a huge fan of hybrid styles but Bolshoi makes it work like few other workers and she's a joy to watch at all times. I've long admired her singles matches, and while this wasn't one of the better ones it was a welcome sight in the match listings. Miyazaki tried hard but she was a bit rough around the edges, She had the right attitude but ideally you want to see that attitude go hand in hand with execution and we didn't quite get enough of that. I'd love to see Bolshoi had a Super Delfin like run but I don't think JWP has the legs to make that sort of run especially when this was a match against a NEO talent.

She may be the best hybrid lucha-shoot style worker ever. I'm struggling to think of anyone who rivals her.

Gran Hamada?

I haven't seen a ton of Bolshoi but from what I have seen I always think of her as the Joshi version of Morton/Kikuchi/Yamazaki in that I think her best skill is bumping and selling to make other wrestlers look good. I'll pay more attention to her limb work next time I watch one of her matches.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-05-JWP] Commando Bolshoi vs Yuki Miyazaki