Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-05-JWP] Azumi Hyuga & Kyoko Inoue vs Reggie Bennett & Kayoko Haruyama

soup23

Another good tag match and match overall for the JWP promotion. I wish we could see all of their spot show stuff or anything besides the big matches instead of the multitude of GAEA we have for the year overall. Hyuga continues to look like a star within the joshi scene and beyond for the 2000’s and has some slick sequences displaying her speed against Bennett and a more peer to peer contact with Haruyama. Inoue has really declined physically and now is going power move for power move with Reggie. Reggie is still not at all the most graceful worker but her effort is never in doubt. A really enjoyable tag match that made me desire to see more Hyuga going forward. ***1/4 (6.6)

• 1 month later...

JWP has had some decent wrestling in 2000 but it lacks the one thing the promotion always had --- heart. There's no heart and soul anymore now that most of the girls have retired or drifted toward GAEA. From what I understand, Bolshoi is the one keeping the promotion afloat but the promotion sorely lacks the chemistry of the previous roster and that close-knit feeling the workers had. Hyuga hadn't really bloomed in her role yet and I thought she looked far from world class in this but it was a pretty average match all round. The comedy between Reggie and Kyoko didn't do much for me and nothing really clicked offensively. Skippable.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-05-JWP] Azumi Hyuga & Kyoko Inoue vs Reggie Bennett & Kayoko Haruyama
  • 1 year later...