Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-04-01-Stardom] Toni Storm vs Mayu Iwatani

donsem43

This is a rematch of the World of Stardom title match that ended when Iwatani hurt her arm only a few minutes into the match. They play off of that in the early going as Toni does some nice, Bret Hart style, subtle heel work. First, she tricked Iwatani then ended up going after her arm anyway . The middle part of the match did a nice job of leading up to the finish although I though the finish itself didn't have as nice flow to it. In the end, it is nice that they were able to have a great match after the awkward situation in their first one. ****

World of Stardom Championship: Toni Storm © vs. Mayu Iwatani

The opening segment with Toni mocking Mayu's injury was silly, but this was otherwise a great match. The callbacks to the previous encounter in Nagoya (where Mayu got injured, forfeiting the title) were done well, with Storm working the injured arm and the dropkick that caused the injury being a dramatic moment they built to. I also like how Mayu's frustration led to her rushing and making mistakes. Strong Zero being this dangerous, lightning-fast move reminds me of Mariko Yoshida's Air Raid Crash, loving how Toni utilizes it. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2018-04-01-Stardom] Toni Storm vs Mayu Iwatani