Pro Wrestling Only

AWA results for May 1986

rainmakerrtv

AWA All-Star Wrestling on ESPN / TSN for May 2nd

The Youngbloods vs. The British Bullies

The Youngbloods have been turning a lot of heads of late. Fresh off a very successful tour of Japan, Wellington and Blackman have made their mark as a hot young team on the rise. They were clearly looking to capitalize on their momentum as they squared off with the British Bullies, who had Sheikh Adnan Al-Kaissie. Jones and Taylor brought the full brunt of their technical ability to the fight, but the Youngbloods kept firing back with quick tags and hard hitting moves. It looked like they would take down the Syndicate members when Blackman had Jones set up for the Bicycle Kick, but as he was coming off the ropes, Kaissie tripped him, causing him to stagger. Jones swiftly capitalized with a jarring knee lift, followed by a takeover suplex that got the one two three. A tainted win, but further proof that you don’t dare let your guard down for a second with the British Bullies.

Chris Adams vs. Greg Gagne

In sharp contrast to his British Bullies teammates, Adams started the match by ordering Sheikh Kaissie back to the locker room, determined to do this on his own. Kaissie was clearly not happy with this, but acquiesced. Adams has been coming off a series of challenges for different singles titles, all of which have gone to time limit draws. This has clearly stuck in Adams’ craw, but has only doubled his focus on proving himself worthy of championship gold. He worked a very focused, scientific match with the second generation veteran, clearly pulling back from some opportunities to take the low road and really taking it to Gagne. This paid off when he was able to dodge the Gagne Dropkick and nail him with the Superkick to get the hard fought victory. After the match, it was announced that Adams would get a rematch for the Canadian Title with Ron Garvin in Winnipeg, and that it would be a No Time Limit match.

Jake Roberts & Cactus Jack vs. Roddy Piper & Bob Orton

The war between the Snakepit and Piper’s Pit has been tearing up the AWA rings of late, with both Roberts and Piper engaging in psychological warfare with the other. The wild card in this equation has turned out to be the New Mexico Madman himself, Cactus Jack, with Piper increasingly having his hands full having to adapt to his unpredictable opponent. Both he and Orton worked hard to break down Cactus, but he and Roberts kept swiftly tagging in and out and keeping them off balance. Orton was trying to take out Roberts with a piledriver, but the Snake dug in and kept blocking it, and when Piper came in to assist, he was sent flying out of the ring by an out of control Cactus Clothesline. Roberts took advantage of the ref being distracted to hit a low blow on Orton, followed by the rapid execution of the DDT and the pinfall. After the match, Piper was helping up Orton and screaming at Cactus, “You’re a dead man!”

Shane Douglas vs. Hector Guerrero

Last week, Douglas went down in a close loss to Chavo Guerrero. This time, once again, Douglas was backed up by Bill Dundee, while Guerrero’s two brothers were in his corner. While Douglas still showed the fire and enthusiasm that has made him a solid favorite among the AWA fans, he took a more measured approach to this match, reining in his more reckless tendencies and working in more mat work and counter wrestling. This seemed to be the influence of Bill Dundee, who gave both instruction and encouragement from his spot at ringside. Douglas was consistently able to block the double underhook suplex, but looked it would be all for naught as Hector went for the Guerrero Clutch. Douglas was still able to roll through it and get his on cover for a 2 and a half count, and soon after the bell rang, signaling a 15 minute time limit draw. While he wasn’t able to get the win, Douglas certainly made his mark in this match.

Doug Furnas & The Can-Am Express vs. Kevin Sullivan & Death Sentence

After being kicked out of the Varsity Club last week, Furnas was clearly out for revenge, and had brought in the team of Phil Lafon and Tom Zenk to help him get it. While Darryl Peterson and Jeff Gaylord may have been newly dubbed Maxx Payne and “The Black Knight” Jeff Gaylord, they remained just as subservient to the will of Sullivan as ever, following his commands throughout the match. The powerful Furnas maintained the upper hand through much of the match, using his considerable strength to rock them with mighty clotheslines and power moves. After he tagged in Lafon, the skilled Canadian competitor kept the momentub going before being brought low by a nasty double team by Death Sentence. The Varsity Club proceeded to work over Lafon, drawing in Furnas to try to make the save and capitalizing by double and triple teaming Lafon while the ref sent Furnas back to his corner. Lafon was able to rally and came very close to tagging out to Zenk … but Zenk pulled back his hand at the last moment, letting Lafon get pulled back into the enemy corner. When Furnas shouted at Zenk, demanding to know what gives, Zenk responded with a superkick to the face, sending Furnas careening off the ring apron and into the ringside barricade. While Zenk headed back to the locker room, abandoning his partners to their fate, Payne and Gaylord hit the Execution on Lafon, putting a brutal and shocking end to the match.

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Buddy Rose

Since losing the World Tag Team titles, the members of Playboy After Dark have struggled to find their footing again, particularly in some tough losses to various combinations of the Cobra Corps. For this match, it would be the leaders of these two factions facing off, with none of their allies at ringside. Rose was able to keep the upper hand for the first part of the match, but the double tough DI came roaring back with a vengeance, pinballing the Playboy all over the ring. It looked like it was all over for Rose when Slaughter put him in the Cobra Clutch, but a huge men, dressed in military fatigues and a black mask, charged into the ring and attacked Sarge. He and Rose put the boots to Slaughter while the other members of Playboy After Dark and the Cobra Corps rushed out and did battle in the aisle. Eventually, Rose and the masked man left Sarge lying in the ring to be helped out by Leon White and Too Cold Scorpio. Who is this mysterious menace that has seemingly joined the Playboy’s campaign?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much going on here... as usual in the AWA.

Adams getting a No Time Limit match... will this be the payoff to his story, or the start of a new chapter?

Piper and Cactus are headed for a collision, and it's going to be crazy when it happens.

Is Shane Douglas going to steal Chris Adams' gimmick ;) ?

Shocking heel turn by the Z-man!!

Who is the masked man? PAD vs CC keeps heating up more and more.

Bullies continue to be one of my favorites of yours. Adams in a no time limit title match? Intriguing. Piper and Jake at each others throats with the supporting cast are my absolute favorite angle you have right now. Zenk must have heard about the alternate universe Can Am Express. Rose with a mysterious ally, but that does make things even up for a 6-man bout!

AWA show from the Met Center, Bloomington, May 2nd (as shown on ESPN / TSN Super Cards)

Nord The Barbarian, The Great Kabuki & Ron Garvin vs. The British Bullies & Sheikh Adnan Al-Kaissie

Nord pinned Kaissie after a double running knee drop

Cactus Jack vs. Bob Orton

Cactus won by DQ after Orton punched the ref in the face

Death Sentence vs. The Youngbloods

Gaylord dropped Wellington throat first onto the top rope to get the win

Too Cold Scorpio vs. Leo Burke

Scorpio won with a flying somersault legdrop

Mike Rotundo vs. Larry Zbyszko

Larry was going for an over the shoulder neckbreaker, but Rotundo blocked it and executed the Varsity Rush to score the pinfall

Phil Lafon vs. Tom Zenk

Lafon came to the ring accompanied by Doug Furnas, while Zenk came out with Kevin Sullivan. Sullivan caused sufficient distraction that it caused Lafon to leave himself open to the Superkick by Zenk, who got the tainted victory

Chavo & Hector Guerrero vs. Bill Dundee & Shane Douglas

Douglas was going for a belly to belly suplex, but Chavo blocked it and countered with a German Suplex to get the one two three

AWA American Title Match : Dan Spivey © vs. Masa Saito

When Saito went for the Saito Suplex, Spivey countered with a bulldog headlock to defend his title

AWA Southern Tag Team Title match : Black Irish © vs. British Steel

A frenzied match that got completely out of control, leading to a double DQ to be declared

AWA World Title Match : Ricky Steamboat © vs. Nick Bockwinkel

A long , tough match that finally ended when Bock went for a piledriver, but Steamboat countered with a back body drop and was able to hold down Bock’s shoulders for the three count

Zenk and Lafon could be a really fun feud. Zenk joining Sullivan's crew is going to make the fans angry for sure. Douglas learning against the Guerreros is a good program. The last two matches on that card would have had my money any day of the week and maybe twice on Sunday.

TV was great! Zenk goes heel, wow this will be very interesting. Piper's Pit/Snakepit feud just keeps getting better as both teams continue to trade wins. Douglas/Hector was a fun match. Who is the new henchman for Playboy After Dark???

Action packed card at the Met. Orton punching the Ref shows the frustration. Rotundo and Larry Z is a great match up, good win for Rotundo. SpiveyMania has a strong defense against Saito. Death Sentence are becoming serious contenders. Black Irish and British Steel get my money every time. Top all this off with Bock and Steamboat. Man the AWA must be racking in the money right now.

AWA show from Cobo Hall, Detroit, May 3rd

Biff Wellington vs. Leo Burke

Wellington won with a Tombstone Piledriver

Steve Blackman vs. Chris Adams

A martial arts showdown where Blackman went for the Bicycle Kick, but Adams countered with a legsweep and then trapped Blackman in the Super Lock until he was forced to quit. After the match, Adams helped Blackman up and congratulated him on a good effort

Nord The Barbarian vs. Bob Orton

An out and out slugfest where Nord blocked a backbreaker attempt and followed with a side suplex for the win

Doug Furnas vs. Kevin Sullivan

Furnas won by DQ when he was attacked by Tom Zenk

Too Cold Scorpio vs. Doug Somers

Scorpio pinned Somers after hitting a moonsault

Tom Zenk vs. Phil Lafon

Zenk won with a Superkick. After the match, Zenk and Kevin Sullivan brawled with Lafon and Furnas

AWA Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match : The Guerrero Brothers © vs. Ron Garvin, Bill Dundee & Shane Douglas

A fast paced match that ended when Douglas went for a top rope flying cross body press on Chavo that was reversed with a roll over that got the one two three for the champs

AWA Southern Title Match : Pat Tanaka © vs. Marty Jones

A battle of wits that ended when Tanaka was going for a German Suplex, which Jones blocked and countered with his own attempt at a German Suplex, that in turn Tanaka stopped with a back kick, followed by a savate kick to finally get the victory

AWA World Tag Team Title Match : The Razor Boys © vs. British Steel

Both teams went to a 30 minute time limit draw

AWA American Title Match : Dan Spivey © vs. Buzz Sawyer

A bloody match that ended with Sawyer catching the Big Dan Boot, followed by the Big Dan Leg Drop to successfully defend his title

Spivey vs. Sawyer would have been all kinds of fun. Zenk vs. Lafon is turning into a fun feud with the supporting cast joining in. The Guerreros again come through as a unit. They need to challenge for the NWA 6-Man at some point while they have their belts. Adams is really coming on strong of late and I am very interested to see where his story goes.

Yep, SpiveyMania runs wild over the Mad Dog. Tanaka just continues to impress me. I find the Zenk/Furnas feud so interesting. The Guerreros continue to be dominant in 6 man tags. Adams is really cleaning up his act. That's a big win for Scorpio over the former tag team champ, Sommers. Speaking of tag teams, great match between Razor Boys and British Steel.

I love the sheer variety here:

Biff vs Burke is a rookie vs veteran showcase.

Blackman vs. Adams is a martial arts battle.

Nord vs. Cowboy Bob is a slug-fest.

Furnas vs. Sullivan and Zenk vs. Lafon were about furthering the storyline.

Scorpio vs. Somers was presumably fast-paced and technical.

... and then four title matches that run the gamut from battle of wits to bloody brawl!

AWA show from the Crisler Center, Ann Arbor, May 4th

Chris Adams vs. Biff Wellington

Adams countered a suplex attempt with his own belly to back suplex for the win

Death Sentence vs. Mando & Hector Guerrero

Both teams went to a double DQ

Leo Burke vs. Steve Blackman

Burke looked like he would get the sleeper hold locked in, but Blackman was able to block it and counter with a single arm takedown, followed by a cross armbreaker that forced Burke to give up the match

Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon vs. Kevin Sullvan & Tom Zenk

Furnas dropkicked Sullivan into a Cobra Clutch Suplex by Lafon that got the victory for their team. After the match, Zenk ambushed Furnas with a superkick to the back of the head, then proceeded to beat down Lafon until the officials cleared them off

Rocky Mountain Thunder vs. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

The masked man made his presence felt at ringside, and while White was chasing him, Playboy After Dark double teamed Scorpio to get the win

Jerry Blackwell vs. The Great Kabuki

A bloody match that ended when Sheikh Kaissie tried to interfere, but Kabuki sent Blackwell crashing into the Sheikh, and followed up with a thrust kick to the jaw to score the hard fought victory

AWA Southern Tag-Team Title Match : Black Irish © vs. Bill Dundee & Shane Douglas

Douglas was going for a running cross body press, but Cameron caught him and reversed it into a power slam that retained the titles for Black Irish

AWA Southern Title Match : Pat Tanaka © vs. Brian Pillman

In a bout that many called the match of the night, Tanaka and Pillman went to a 20 minute time limit draw

Jake Roberts vs. Roddy Piper

Piper won by DQ. During a clash in the corner, Piper hit a nasty eye gouge on Roberts, and when the ref tried to separate the two, Piper shoved the ref from behind into the blinded Roberts, who reflexively DDTed the ref. When the ref came to, he disqualified Roberts

Ricky Steamboat & Ron Garvin vs. Nick Bockwinkel & Masa Saito

Steamboat and Garvin worked over Saito’s legs for much of the match. When Saito was trying to put away Steamboat with a Saito Suplex, Steamboat was able to counter it with a cross body press to get the one two three.

Really liked the Death Sentence/Guerreros match. Looks like the masked henchman helped Playboy After Dark get back on the winning track. Great finish to the Piper/Jake match, furthering their intense feud. Z-Man and Furnas are heading for a big showdown. Pillman is really making his mark, taking Tanaka to the limit. The tag main event was money.

AWA All-Star Wrestling on ESPN / TSN for May 9th

The Can-Am Express vs. Alan Ball & Patrick Bolton

After being betrayed by his partner Tom Zenk last weekend, Phil Lafon has quickly reformed the Can-Am Express with the big Tennessee Volunteer Doug Furnas. The pair worked as though they had been teaming together their whole lives, swiftly tagging in and out and blending the strength of Furnas with the technical expertise of of Lafon before polishing off Bolton with the dropkick-Cobra Clutch Suplex combo. It looks like Lafon has landed on his feet with his new partner.

Interview : Ken Resnick stands in the ring

Resnick : Ladies and gentleman, my next guests are the former AWA World Tag Team champions … Playboy After Dark!

The crowd boos as all of Playboy After Dark make their way to the ring, not just Buddy Rose and Doug Somers, but also Leo Burke and the mysterious masked man in military fatigues who first appeared last week. Rose has a look on his face that is incredibly self-satisfied, even for him.

Rose : I didn’t particularly care for your snooty tone when you said *former* champions, Resnick. You might want to mind your manners, or I will have to ask my friend to give you a little lesson, just like we taught Sgt. Laughter!

Resnick : That’s just why I want to talk to you, Buddy Rose! You challenged Sgt. *Slaughter* to a match on the condition that there would be no members of the Cobra Corps and Playboy After Dark at ringside. Then this masked man comes out of nowhere and attacks Sarge! Who is he and what gives?

Rose : Ah, that just proved I am a better tactician than that so called Sergeant! You see, I had long suspected that Slaughter wasn’t what he claimed to be. His actions were never what you would expect of a so-called American hero. Then I found out the truth about him from the best possible source : a top special forces operative who had been investigating him. A military master of stealth and subterfuge so brilliant, he managed to conduct this investigation right under my incredibly handsome nose, without anyone suspecting who he was. Why, this guy is almost as much of a genius as me! And when he revealed to me who he really was, I knew I had just the man to show up Slaughter for the Great American Phony he truly is. He dropped his mask to me, and now he will drop it to all of you. Slaughter, meet your worst nightmare … (the man peels off his mask) Col. Debeers!

Resnick : Wait a second, that’s Ed Wisk-

Rose : Don’t say that name! That was just an incredible disguise that he used so he could observe Slaughter without him suspecting. And all of you idiots bought it! Now he is dropping the cover, and nothing is stopping him coming for him.

Resnick : *muttering* I’m telling you, it’s Ed Wisk-

Debeers : *grabbing Resnick by the scruff of the neck* You were told not to use that name, Resnick. Don’t make me tell you again. Slaughter! I’ve completed my investigation and I know the truth about you. You are a coward and a disgrace to the armed forces. I am here to show you up for the fraud that you are and run you out of the AWA with your tail between your legs. This is war , Slaughter! And it is a war that you won’t survive!

Ron Garvin & The Youngbloods vs. Chris Adams & The British Bullies

Ever since his return to the AWA, Garvin has established a reputation as everyone’s friend, readily lending a hand to everybody from the World Champion Ricky Steamboat to rookies like Wellington and Blackman. Adams, on the other hand, has been waging an ongoing campaign to regain respect, determined to show that he can win his matches without interference or other shortcuts and , by extension, prove he is worthy of another shot at Garvin’s Canadian title. Adams fought hard to prove himself in this match, digging into his deep technical and martial arts skills to keep himself in control for much of the bout. Blackman was able to rally for his team and had Adams lined up for the bicycle kick, but as he was coming off the ropes, Adams’ manager Sheikh Adnan Al-Kaissie reached in the ring and tripped him. When Blackman stumbled, Adams nailed him with the Superkick and went for the cover. The ref, however, saw Kaissie’s interference and called for the bell, signaling for a DQ victory for Garvin and the Youngbloods. When Adams realized what had happened, he looked like he was going to lose his mind and started to argue with his manager. Kaissie told him that he did what he judged to be necessary, and ordered him to return to the locker room with the rest of the Bullies. Adams acquiesced , but was clearly not happy about it.

Mando Guerrero vs. Shane Douglas

Speaking of people looking to prove themselves, young Shane Douglas has been on a quest to establish himself against the Guerreros. His first match with them two weeks ago, against Chavo, ended in a close loss for him, but last week he went the distance in a 15 minute time limit draw against Hector. In spite of that, the Guerreros were still not taking him seriously, with Mando telling his brothers to go back to the locker room, since he wouldn’t need any help in taking care of the rookie. Douglas did not let this lack of respect distract him, and worked hard to stay competitive throughout the match. Whenever it looked like he might lose his cool, his mentor Bill Dundee knew just what to say to calm him down and get him focused back on the match. Shane was able to get Mando in place for a belly to belly suplex, but as he had done in recent tag matches, Mando blocked it and reversed to set him up for a German Suplex. However, this all turned out to be a trap by Douglas, who was able to reverse one more time for a rollup. One … two … THREE! Mando was in shock but Douglas was jubilant, celebrating this impressive victory with Dundee as the crowd cheered.

Interview : Ken Resnick stands (again) in the ring

Resnick : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest are always the center of controversy here in the AWA … Kevin Sullivan and the Varsity Club!

The crowd explodes in boos as Sullivan heads out to the ring, followed by Mike Rotundo, Dan Spivey, Maxx Payne, Jeff Gaylord, and finally the latest member of the Varsity Club, Tom Zenk. There are some interesting expressions on the faces of some of the members of the Club : cockiness for Zenk, disgruntlement for Sullivan, and seemingly barely suppressed rage for Rotundo.

Resnick : Tom Zenk, you have been partners for a long time with Phil Lafon, but last week, out of nowhere, you betray him and leave him on his own against the Varsity Club! What gives?

Zenk : Resnick, you said it yourself. I have been partners for a long time with Lafon … too long. Waaaay too long, I have been carrying him around on my back. Ever since we came back to the AWA, any time I was on my own, I got the win. But when I have to team up with Lafon, he kept dragging me down. Well I’m done being his chump. He was always jealous because I was the strongest, smartest, most skilled and best looking member of the team. He can stick with that loser Doug Furnas. I’m going where I am appreciated. Kevin Sullivan has promised he would get me title opportunities I could never get with Lafon *camera shot of Rotundo grimacing in the background* and I am giving my loyalty to him!

Sullivan : That’s enough out of you, Resnick! Get lost, there’s Varsity Club business to discuss. (Resnick scuttles out of the ring, clearly glad to get away from the Club members) Now , it has come to my attention that somebody has not been happy with the way I have been running the Varsity Club! They have been questioning some of my decisions! (Sullivan paces back and forth before stopping in front of Mike Rotundo and jabbing a finger in his chest) You! Rotundo! If you have something you want to say to me, you can say it right now to my face!

Rotundo : Oh, I’ve got something to say , alright. When I joined the Varsity Club, you convinced me that I was joining an elite team of champions. Our code was that we were the best of the best. Well, you sold me a bill of goods! Then you start the Varsity Club Rush. You said that we were going to develop the next generation of superstars. The best of the best, you said! And I went out with them and trained them and guided them and did everything I could to help them. What did you do? You screamed, you bullied, you shouted, and then you ran them off! Leon White … Brian Pillman … Ron Simmons … Doug Furnas … we had some of the finest young athletes in North America, and you treated them like crap and kicked them out! And who was left that you decided to accept into the Varsity Club? A psychopath and a goon! (Maxx Payne and Jeff Gaylord look at each other, then look at Rotundo and scowl) And then , after all that effort to develop new talent, right out of nowhere you arbitrarily decide to bring in *this idiot*! No offense.

Zenk : (continuing to smirk) None taken.

Rotundo : How is he even Varsity? Did he even finish high school? (Zenk’s grin starts to fade a bit and he starts to tense up, clearly getting annoyed with Rotundo) Where is your elite wrestling group now? Spivey and I busted our tails to train the next class of premiere athletes, and instead you fill the Varsity Club with the dregs of wrestling … and I want to know why!

Sullivan : Why? WHY? Because I said so! Because they do what I tell them to! Because I can trust them to think like me! I said right from the beginning, I was looking to find who had the right mind set and who had what it takes to work for me. And these guys have it … and I’m starting to think you don’t! But since you are questioning my leadership, let’s put it to a vote. Anybody who thinks Rotundo is right, stand with him. Anyone who chooses to accept my leadership, stand with me!

The members of Death Sentence don’t need to think about it, they line up behind Sullivan. Zenk smugly moves to join them. Spivey looks first at one side, then the other, then shrugged and steps over to Sullivan’s side, behind Death Sentence. Rotundo looked disappointed, but still determined, and raised his fists , ready to take on whatever Sullivan and his crew were going to throw at him. Then Spivey ran the ringropes … and clotheslined Gaylord and Payne in the back of the head! Spivey and Rotundo then threw all of the other members of the Varsity Club out of the ring, and played King of the Mountain, giving a swift boot to anyone who tried to enter the ring. The show then went to commercial with Spivey and Rotundo standing tall in the middle of the ring, while Sullivan was swearing vengeance.

Roddy Piper vs. Cactus Jack

The various members of Piper’s Pit have been trying to get the better of the New Mexico Madman, but the wily Cactus has proved hard to keep down, getting some upset victories. This time out the boss was taking matters into his own hands, and the one man possibly crazier than Cactus himself was going to try to put a stop to him. The match was just as insane as you could imagine, with the two lunatics brawling all over the ring as well as ringside. It was during one of these spells outside that Cactus had Piper lined up to come off the ring apron with a flip plancha, when out of nowhere, somebody tackled Cactus from behind and threw him to the floor. While the ref called for the DQ, Piper and this mysterious stranger proceeded to beat the stew out of Cactus. Jake Roberts and Nord The Barbarian tried to run out to save him, but were intercepted by Bob Orton and Buzz Sawyer. When they finally managed to fight their way through, the damage had been done and Jack had taken a lot of damage. Piper left cackling with glee, as his strange new cohort glowered silently.

sabu.png?w=736&e=efbe06aba32ac3dc2474607

Wow! GREAT introduction for Sabu. I marked out when I scrolled down and saw that picture. He definitely seems like a guy who will fit right in to the Snake Pit vs Pipers Pit feud.

I think that if you just threw out Rotundo & Spivey vs Gaylord, Payne, & Zenk w/Sullivan as a match with no background, I wouldn't much care... but with all this build and storytelling behind it, I am all in and can't wait to see what's next. I think that's what you might call good booking!

Can-Ams vs Varsity Club has some story behing it as well now...

Plus we get DeBeers vs Sarge, Adams vs Sheikh Adnan Al-Kaissie, and Douglas vs the Guerreros all in different stages of story development. Way to keep things interesting!

Wisk- I mean DeBeers coming after Sarge is great. Adams will be flying solo soon. Spivey and Rotundo against the Varsity Club has a lot of promise. Douglas gets a big win over a Guerrero, but I imagine there is payback on the way in a tag or six-man. Loved the intro for Sabu and he's in an environment where he will thrive.

DeBeers is the perfect foil for Slaughter. Great move by the Playboy. Love Furnas and Lafon officially coming together. What a segment by the Varsity Club! The US Express coming together and taking out the Varsity Club. Awesome TV moment. Douglas gets a huge win over Mando. Piper and Cactus go at it in an all out brawl. Then Sabu shows up! Oh man, things are getting out of control in the AWA.