Pro Wrestling Only

The Pro-wrestling Curve of Attractiveness

El-P

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I think has become more noticeable over the years is that there's more variety on how women look in WWE. One thing TNA had in their early days of the women's division was a range of looks, to the point that the Beautiful People's gimmick partly worked because they were "traditional" looking female wrestlers in a division of varied looks. We can see from looking through this thread that there's a range of views on who people find more attractive (if you asked me to pick the three main roster women I'm most attracted to, it'd be Nia, Asuka and Nikki Cross) and it makes sense to appeal to as broad a spectrum as possible. Plus the more different people look, the more they'll stand out.

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

Looks aside, she absolutely has Tully's smug charisma down to a T. The reason why Tully was such a great heel is he'd tell you how he was better than everyone and then he'd go out there and do it, and come back even more smug the next time all "See, I told ya!". 

Plus, Tully was ruggedly hands... ok, no, he looked like a creep. But hey, old Tully sporting the kinda Sean Connery look is pretty sweet.

But yeah, Tessa is terrific in every aspect. (do I repeat myself a lot about Tessa ?)

1 hour ago, Strummer said:

for anyone on the net in the early 2000s do you remember the "Is Edge good looking?" debate that seemingly went on forever?  It never, ever ended

I don't. Then again, my interests where not exactly on those matters. I don't find Edge to be what you'd call "good looking", unless lanky tall guy with big chin and long metalhead hair is your type (which I guess appeals to tons of girl, which I DON'T FUCKING GET). The whole "Edge is good looking, that's why he got pushed while Christian is ugly, which is why he didn't get pushed at the top level" I will never, ever comprehend. The very first time I saw Christian dressed like Gangrel, working his very first match on TV, it was obvious he was ten times the worker Edge was. So there. Looks played a part, but I don't get how it played a part either, because I don't get how Edge is better looking than Christian...

Edge was always going to get pushed, regardless since they had him groomed for the top spot from 98 onwards. Whether that's because they considered him good-looking or not, I don't know but later, Rated R Edge was the very archetype of what WWE think cool people look like. Long hair, sunglasses indoors, suit jacket with t-shirt underneath and awful jeans.

yeah that's what I was referencing.  At the time it was reported Edge was being pushed because the company considered him good looking but all his detractors were like "but he's ugly!" It was def. a thing on the net at the time.

I can remember "his hair makes him seem better looking than he really is" and "his teeth look horrible" being common talking points

I just remember people being hung up on his Joker smile, which ended up working well for him in his heel run. 

Also yes, poor Christian got a raw deal. I suppose Vince found him unattractive, but you'd think the guy was the Elephant Man based onhis reaction to him. Plus I always thought that while long haired Christian looked kind of weird, his short haired look was perfectly fine.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, SomethingSavage said:

I had to search for this thread, because I knew I'd get death threats if I posted a comment about anyone's appearance in any other average thread.

So yeah. I realize we're supposed to pretend we don't notice how people look or anything, but hey. I have working eyeballs. And so I noticed a few things on the Elimination Chamber show.

That Billie Kay chick freaks me the fuck out. There's something about her face. It's like she's one part Flo the Progressive lady & one part Jigsaw the murder doll from the Saw franchise.

How she passes for a sex symbol or whatever the Iiconics are supposed to be is beyond me. But to each their own.

And seeing Charlotte in street clothes made it glaringly obvious that she is very much her father's daughter. I mean, I always noticed the broad shoulders and lanky Roger the Alien arms before, but she's got no real figure at all. Not a curve in sight.

Charlotte looks like a man. My current WWE favorites are.

Alexa Bliss
Liv Morgan
Nikki Bella
Naomi 

The rest are extremely unattractive to me.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Some average looking men age quite gracefully, whereas those who only had the beauty of the youth often end up... well... like Shawn Micheals.

I think hard living - drugs, drink, not smiling enough - did more to age him than simply being a "youthful beauty" who got old.

Not sure if it is still the same as I haven't really checked in the last year or so. But Peyton Royce on Instagram used to get targetted abuse about her looks constantly. Trolls found out she had a complex about her forehead and teeth. She used to answer back a lot in the comments and even make posts about it. It was a real bummer if you were a bystander. 

11 minutes ago, rovert said:

Not sure if it is still the same as I haven't really checked in the last year or so. But Peyton Royce on Instagram used to get targetted abuse about her looks constantly. Trolls found out she had a complex about her forehead and teeth. She used to answer back a lot in the comments and even make posts about it. It was a real bummer if you were a bystander. 

Man, that's pretty odd. Peyton is beautiful.

I've never noticed her teeth, but I'm sure it's not something veneers can't fix as that's what most celebrities do anyway.

5 hours ago, Stiva said:

FWIW, the four guys that a recent ex of mine loved were Finn and The Shield. Though, she also had a thing for Baron Corbin but I think that was an outlier.

EDIT: I think it was Finn's ridiculous abs that she liked rather than his whopper but I'm sure her eyes were going there.

FWIW, one of the women that joins us for wrestling get-togethers finds Finn Balor so dreamy, we asked her "would you do a threesome where Finn Balor is one man, but the other is Bray Wyatt" and she still said "yes."

20 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

FWIW, one of the women that joins us for wrestling get-togethers finds Finn Balor so dreamy, we asked her "would you do a threesome where Finn Balor is one man, but the other is Bray Wyatt" and she still said "yes."

Hey, don't sleep on Bray. After all, he ended up with Jojo. I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, I'd say Seth Rollins is the hottest guy in the company. Nobody else can match his combination of tall, dark, and handsome.