Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling May 1986

SirEdger

May 4th, 1986

Drummondville, QC

-Los Infernales beat Richard Charland & King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) in 26:03 after MS-1 pinned Charland

-Owen Hart beat NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit in 11:20 with a handful of tights

-Abdullah the Butcher (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat Gino Brito in 11:39 in a bloody brawl

-The Botswana Beast (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley in 18:12

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Jimmy Snuka in 18:12

-The Rougeau Brothers beat Gilles "The Fish" Poisson & Steve Simpson in 47:21

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen scores a win over the Light Heavyweight champ, perhaps earning himself a future shot. Always fun seeing Abby on tour as he always brings the chaos. Fatu with a big win over the Superfly. In Snuka's defense, I think Blackjack Mulligan has taken a lot out of him LOL. Looks like the Rougeaus had a tough time with Gilles and Simpson.

PRELUDE

May 5th, 1986

Cochenour, ON

Street Fight: "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal beat "The Blonde Bombshell" Chris Candido in 12:12

-Steve Simpson upsets Jos LeDuc in 17:11. Clearly, LeDuc is still hindered by the numerous beatdowns at the hands of the Samoan SWAT Team.

NWA National Heavyweight Championship: NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Kokina Maximus (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Satanico in 8:41 - TITLE CHANGE!!!

-Pirata Morgan beat Abdullah the Butcher (w/Floyd Creatchman) by reverse decision in 13:19 after Abdullah refuses to listen to referee Luigi Macera's orders!

-Gino Brito beat Gilles "The Fish" Poisson in 8:34

Steel Cage Match: Death Sentence beat The Killer Bees

*NWA World Light Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit beat Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 7:47 to retain

*Adrian Adonis (unsurprisingly) didn't make weight before the start of the match so the title shot was null & voided but Adonis still offered half of his purse to Benoit to put his title on the line anyway!

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat Jacques Rougeau at 36:03 after using the American Flag to hit Jacques in the ribs. Fearful of his brother's health, brother Raymond threw in the towel! - TITLE CHANGE!!!

I see what you mean. No offense taken whatsoever. I don't think that we necessarily always see the word "upset" used in the same way. Perhaps you think it's more suited to a flash victory; in my definition of the word, I applied it as Steve Simpson was the underdog heading into the match with LeDuc. Tomato, tom-ah-to, basically ;)

What a night of surprises! Kokina wins the National Title and Don Kernodle wins the Canadian International title! Looks like Don's frustration got him what he wanted. Death Sentence carry's their AWA fire over here with a steel cage victory over the Killer Bees. Good to see Gino Brito continue his winning ways. Adonis didn't make weight??? LOL. That's a big win for Benoit.

I am unsure how big Cochenour is but I know that I have never heard of it and they are treated to two title changes. Awesome! I also like the American Flag being the heel here. Was that big in Canada? America vs Canada was often used in the U.S as well.

Not as much in Canada than in America. Usually, the evil foreigner gimmick used was Soviets, Japs & Germans - obviously, World War II stuff. The circumstances just dictated the use of the American flag here ;)

May 6th, 1986

Selkirk, MB

-Maxx Payne beat Jumpin' Jim Brunzell in 10:20

-Pedro Morales beat "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley in 10:18

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: The Samoan SWAT Team (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Paul Jones' Army (Johnny Rich & Randy Rose) in 22:56 to retain

Floyd Creatchman Open Challenge: ANDRE THE GIANT beat Lord Humongous (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 6:37

-Steve Simpson beat Richard Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 8:51

-Chris Candido beat Bobby Fulton in 13:54

Submission Match: B. Brian Blair beat Gino Brito in 28:27, beating Brito with his own move, the Figure Four Leglock!

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat Jimmy Snuka in 10:51 to retain

Fun card in Selkirk! The fans got a real bonus seeing Andre the Giant. Morales defeating Cooley might be enough to get Rolling Thunder a shot at the US titles. Blair gets a big win over Brito, using Brito's finisher! Love that SST/Jones Army match. Kernodle gets his first title defense over the Superfly.

Snuka has always interested me. I am unsure if he is a better babyface or heel but he has not had much love in this game. We all gave him a run or two and we get him into a nice feud but he has never really gotten over to the Main Event. Just an observation and I wonder why. I know I have had him twice and was so excited and then I had him and I found him difficult to write for.

It might be more bad luck than anything in Snuka's case. I think that with the trades that spaldoni made by sending the Horsemen to WWF, now he has much more suitable opponents to work with Snuka, in my estimation. I agree that some particular workers are harder to book for various reasons but it's not totally impossible.

As for Jimmy Snuka, there *might* be something coming up for him in Lutte. I heard through the grapevines that Paul E. Dangerously has taken a liking to the Superfly...

I look at Snuka as a real crowd pleaser. He flirts in the main event scene but provides fun drawing feuds in the mid card. Edger made a great point in regards to Snuka and losing the Horsemen. It really did open up more suitable opponents for him. At this point in his career he probably couldn't hang long with technicians like the Horsemen but he can really go against brawlers like Blackjack Mulligan and Tiger Jeet Singh.

Paul E and Snuka! Hmmmmmm very interesting

While my stay in this game was short, I will say I was generously offered Snuka for a 1st last year, which was more then a fair deal. It just felt like to me Snuka is kind of an in between type of guy that is hard to place. For a promotion like I was running it felt like he'd be the biggest star by a great deal, and that was almost a bad thing to a degree, because he just doesn't jump as a guy you'd actually want at the forefront of a promotion at this stage of his career. He's not a promo guy, and he doesn't really fit as a guy you want main eventing your shows (which, admitted, was true for most of my roster at that point).

Like, I felt more comfortable pushing Skip Young as the Main babyface of a promotion then Jimmy Snuka just because I felt there was more to do with him. It's weird.

Back to your actual shows, Lutte has risen to one of my favorite reads going right now. Watching Kokina rise up the card, and the Kernodle title reign have been a great shakeup in recent time.

May 9th, 1986

Saskatoon, SK

-The Rougeau Brothers (Armand & Raymond) beat Jos LeDuc & Randy Rose in 5:34 with La Bombe Rougeau on Randy Rose

-Lord Humongous (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat Buddy Landell in 11:54

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Bobby Fulton in 9:21

-The Spoiler beat Gilles "The Fish" Poisson in 15:50

-NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel & Andre The Giant beat The Killer Bees in 17:31 with a double underhook suplex from Andre on Brunzell

-The Batten Twins beat Los Infernales in 22:54

Guest Referee - Bruno Sammartino: The Great Samu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) in 20:45 after an altercation between Bruno and King Tonga that ended up with Bruno punching Tonga, allowing Samu to roll up Tonga! Tonga and Bruno got into a verbal confrontation but Frenchy Martin was able to hold back Tonga and send him to the back!

NWA National Heavyweight Championship: Kokina Maximus (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Owen Hart in 8:03 to retain

Tough match for Owen. I hope he cheated his ass off. Tonga with the unfortunate loss and I wonder how Bruno's involvement plays out. Battens beating Infernales is a big win. Rougeaus with a quick win considering the competition.

Whoa, Tonga and Bruno getting into it is pretty crazy. Batten Twins upset Infernales, that's a pretty big win. Andre and Martel vs. The Killer Bees is an intriguing match up. This match is a perfect example of why I love your house shows. Kokina and Owen is the classic big and powerful versus high flying speed. Good title defense for Kokina.

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling TV LIVE!

May 10th, 1986

Hauterive, QC

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

Quick and dirty results recap

-To kick us off, the broadcast booth welcomes NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel for an interview. Rick Martel is asked about the recent savage attack by Nikita Koloff, which cost Koloff the UWF World Heavyweight Championship after being stripped of the belt by Bill Watts. Martel says that he won't stand down from any attacks by Koloff. Martel thanks Ole Anderson & Magnum TA for standing up for him but he says it's now time for him to take the fight out to Nikita himself. Martel says that everyone advised him not to do this but he cannot let Nikita act the way he does indefinitely. So, he's gonna ask NWA President Bob Geigel to sanction a match between him and Nikita Koloff as soon as possible. He says there's a possibility he might not win this but at least, he'll be able to walk out of this with his head held up high. Jos LeDuc interrupts Martel's promo and shows him respect for the way he's been handling things. He says he's taking the same route with the Samoan SWAT Team and he's done taking crap from them. LeDuc says he found himself a tag team partner and wants a tag title match with the Samoan SWAT Team next week in Avonlea, SK. But this is then and this is now. Jos wants a shot at Rick Martel's championship. Rick Martel says he won't have to ask twice; out of respect for Jos, he'll accept and he hopes the Samoans and Paul E. Dangerously will stay out of this.

-In the opening NWA Showcase match, Assassin #2 beat Super Destroyer #2 in 9:21

-Next to the broadcast booth is the new NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion, Don Kernodle from Mid-Atlantic. Kernodle is asked about his despicable actions going back to the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup in Montreal. Kernodle says there was nothing despicable; he did all he had to do to get noticed. Kernodle says that ever since Lutte Internationale returned, the Rougeaus were handed everything, even the NWA World Tag Team Championship. Kernodle claims that it's unknown from the general public but when the Rougeaus accepted to face Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry for the North American Tag Team Championship, Kernodle called Jacques to ask him to step down and let American Made have the title shot and Jacques laughed at him and hung up on him. So, Kernodle got the sweetest revenge possible by throwing him off the scaffold and used Jacques' pride to get something he wanted and that's the Canadian International Heavyweight Championship. Kernodle is then asked about him turning his back on Corporal Kirschner shortly after he won the title. Kernodle says that Kirschner was holding him back and he just cut off dead weight. It's all about him now and he's gonna make the Kernodle name proud and nobody is taking that title away from him. Kernodle is then interrupted by "Adorable" Adrian Adonis, who's barging in on the set, asking again for a title shot. Paul E Dangerously quickly follows at his heels, saying that Adonis cannot always ask title shots like that. Adonis still insists that he wants a title shot and he wants to face Don Kernodle right now. Paul E apologizes for Adonis and tries to drag him off but Adonis yanks his arm from Paul E and he asks one more time. Don Kernodle doesn't hesitate and says he's gonna make him regret taking that title shot....RIGHT NOW.

-NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle beat "Adorable" Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 9:11 to retain after Paul E. distracted the official long enough while Adonis was applying Good Night Irene on Kernodle. Paul E wanted to complain about Kernodle using the American flag moments earlier but that distraction allowed Kernodle to low blow Adonis and use his title belt to knock out Adonis and get the win. Paul E. seemed "disappointed" but clearly, things aren't going smoothly for Paul E and Adrian right now...

-Randy Rose of the Southern Ramblers defeated B. Brian Blair of the Killer Bees in 18:21 in a solid match

-Before the main event, the broadcast team confirm that the Samoan SWAT Team will be defending the NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship against Jos LeDuc and his mystery partner next week live and also, Matt Borne will be defending the NWA Canadian International TV Championship against one half of the Fabulous Ones, Steve Keirn!

-In the main event, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel beat Jos LeDuc in 14:05 to retain after the slingshot splash. Postmatch, the Samoan SWAT Team ran in again to attack both LeDuc and Martel but this time, LeDuc and Martel turned the table on the Samoans and chased them off....Samu & Fatu, that is, as Paul E must hold back Kokina Maximus to step inside the ring. Before the show goes off the air, LeDuc is asked if Martel is his mystery partner but LeDuc simply answers "No." The show ends as the broadcast team asked themselves who will be LeDuc's mystery partner next week in the main event!

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!