Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling May 1986

SirEdger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre vs. Kokina should be incredible. Great use for Andre. Paul E. was having a tough night in Saskatchewan. Armand was always a fascinating guy for me as well. Do you make him the guy who takes the falls for the Rougeaus? Do you build him up as a threat over time? Hard to say.

May 18th, 1986

Kitchener, ON

-The Great Samu beat Jumpin' Jim Brunzell in 12:52

-Jos LeDuc beat Kokina Maximus in 12:45

Steel Cage: The Creatchman Family (w/Floyd Creatchman) fight The Hart Brothers (Owen & Keith) to a 60-minute time limit draw. The cage was to prevent Floyd to get involved in the match

Was hoping for a long run for Kokina but intriqued to see how Snuka's reign goes! Lethal Lottery is a fun concept, loved the main event!

Don't worry about Kokina, he's still gonna be front and center for the rest of 1986. Some really fun stuff coming up. And besides, he's still tag team champion and I want the Samoans to be my top tag team so he's gonna be a big part of that.

Lutte is the melting pot of the NWA and you never know what is next. Andre and Tommy Rich in Canada was cool. I am also very interested in the Snika title reign as well.

That's the beauty of the NWA: We can all bring in various talents from our territories and it just enhances our products. ;)

BREAKING NEWS: KING TONGA AND ARMAND ROUGEAU TO WRESTLE INSIDE A STEEL CAGE LIVE THIS SATURDAY NIGHT IN CALGARY!

Following the vicious attack that Armand Rougeau has been victim of at the hands of King Tonga last week, he has requested to wrestle King Tonga one-on-one inside a steel cage live this Saturday night in Calgary. When asked about the motivations behind his request, here's what Armand responded:

There are times when a man can take so much punishment that eventually, he's gonna break and he'll want to respond in kind. I'm a Rougeau. I come from a very proud family and I think that a lot of wrestlers want to take advantage of my lack of experience compared to my brothers Jacques and Raymond so it's time for me to stand on my own two feet and settle this on my own. I know that Jacques will be there to wrestle Keith Hart on Saturday but even if he wasn't thrilled about that idea, I still went ahead anyway. One way or another, I will end whatever King Tonga has against me on Saturday night.

This will be one of many big matches on that card as a colossal match featuring Andre the Giant and Kokina Maximus will take place as well!

May 23rd, 1986

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

- "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert beat Rocky Johnson in 8:37

-Lord Humongous beat Tommy Rogers in 14:26

-B. Brian Blair upsets NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Kokina Maximus (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 7:11 after an illegal switch with the mask from Jumpin' Jim Brunzell!

-Satanico & Sweet Brown Sugar beat Los Infernales in 11:04

-Armand Rougeau beat Chris Candido in 10:08 with a missile dropkick

-Stan "The Lariat" Hansen beat The Great Samu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 36:36 with the Lariat, despite multiple interferences from Paul E!

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling TV LIVE!

May 24th, 1986

Saddledome, Calgary, AB

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After a recap from the final moments of last week’s show, we go to the opening credits and to the broadcast booth for this week’s show.)

Guy Hauray: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to another live edition of NWA Lutte Internationale TV LIVE. What a night of action we have for you here tonight, especially considering what went down at the end of last week’s show when Andre the Giant showed up to confront Kokina Maximus.

Édouard Carpentier: There’s only one man right now that doesn’t feel intimidated by Kokina Maximus and that’s Andre the Giant. Andre has definitely been aware of what Kokina did ever since he joined Lutte Internationale and he has been a wrecking ball. Not only already been a National Heavyweight Champion but also now one half – one third, according to Paul E. Dangerously – of the NWA Canadain International Tag Team Champions. And ---

(Paul E. Dangerously is interrupting the opening of the show, and he’s accompanied by Adrian Adonis. No sign of Kokina Maximus.)

Paul E. Dangerously: I have to respectfully interrupt you here, sir. Beause it’s not just “according to Paul E. Dangerously”, it’s on record. I made sure with the National Wrestling Alliance that because of Prince Alofa Fatu’s current commitment in Japan, that it was allowed for The Great Samu to be officially recognized as well as NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion. So, you now stand corrected. Before we address the Andre the Giant situation, I need to talk to Adrian Adonis now.

(Adrian steps closer, intrigued by Paul E’s request)

Paul E. Dangerously: Now, Adrian, I know that the last few weeks haven’t gone exactly the way we drew it up. Especially ever since for an inexplicable reason, you lost the TV Championship to Matt Borne. And quite frankly, I don’t know what the hell has been going on recently but for some reason, you’ve now been insubordinate recently and we need to settle this once and for all. Now....in just a few moments, you’re gonna be wrestling MS-1 and I hope that you do the smart thing and just lie down for MS-1, give him the win and that’s it.

Adrian Adonis: What the hell? Why would I lie down for anybody?

Paul E. Dangerously: Because I’m your manager, your adviser and I tell you to do so. And if you know what’s good for you, we’re gonna get your ego down a peg and you’re gonna realize that right now, you’re no longer the focus of the Dangerous Alliance. Right now, that spot belongs to Kokina Maximus. And he hasn’t given me any reason for me to think otherwise. Now, while I let you simmer on that, I’ll get to the business at hands. Andre the Giant, if you’re already here, would you please come out, sir?

(Andre the Giant walks out but he’s got some hardware with him; the JWA Japanese Championship belt that he recently won.)

Paul E. Dangerously: Now, sir....I hope that you had a safe trip from Japan a few hours ago and I’m here to make you a proposition. A business proposition. As you may know, until last week, Kokina Maximus was the National Heavyweight Champion but because Jos LeDuc stuck his nose in business that wasn’t his, that’s no longer the case. Now, I would’ve assured you that should Kokina still be the champion right now, I would stand before you today and have announced to you that Kokina would’ve been eager to put the National Heavyweight title on the line against y—

Andre: Where is Kokina? Is he scared of me?

Paul E. Dangerously (a bit embarrassed): No...no, sir. While he has a tremendous amount of respect for you, just like I do, I assure you that he’s not afraid of you. But that’s not the point. My point is that you are a man of honor. You’re the most respected professional wrestler there is in this industry. No one has even dared to cross you – and double-cross you – so this tells the whole story about your reputation. And since you’re a man of honor, I know that you want to prove that you’re the best wrestler in the entire world and it’s certainly no coincidence that you are the current JWA Japanese Champion. And I honestly think that you believe in your heart of hearts that Kokina Maximus is worthy of a title shot against you. So, what I’m asking you...respectfully, again....is for you to put your championship on the line against Kokina Maximus tonight. If you’re what you say you are, you will accept my proposition.

Andre: Nobody tell me what to do. I make my own decision. But I’m no afraid of you or Kokina. Tell Kokina that I will crush him tonight and he won’t take my title away from me.

(Andre the Giant walks off the set while Paul E. looks triumphantly at Adrian Adonis.)

Paul E. Dangerously: Now that this has been taken care of, you can now hold your end of our bargain. Get in the ring and do what I asked you. NOW.

(Adonis reluctantly heads to the ring as we’re getting ready for our opening match.)

Match #1

“Adorable” Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat MS-1 in 8:31 with Good Night Irene. Adonis refused to lay down for MS-1 and went on with the match anyway. After the match, Paul E called for Samu & Kokina Maximus to get in the ring and they proceeded to beat up Adonis. Paul E took the mic afterwards.

Paul E. Dangerously: I GIVE YOU EVERYTHING! I GIVE YOU EVERYTHING ON A SILVER PLATTER AND THIS IS HOW YOU THANK ME? YOU INGLORIOUS BASTARD! WELL, I DON’T NEED YOU ANYMORE! ADRIAN ADONIS, YOU’RE FIRED FROM THE DANGEROUS ALLIANCE!

(Adonis is left alone in the ring while Kokina, Samu & Paul E leave the ring area. Is Adrian Adonis history with Lutte as well?)

Match #2

Satanico beat The Botswana Beast (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 15:23. Floyd Creatchman seems to at the crossroads with his Creatchman Family. While not being as equivocal as Paul E Dangerously a few moments ago, Floyd simply walks out on Beast after he lost his match...

Guy Hauray: Before we head to our next match, we are extremely lucky to already have in our possession the footage of the matches involving NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu & NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel that took place earlier today in Japan. So, we thank JWA for allowing us to air this footage and here are some highlights:

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE FROM JWA

JWA Trios Champions The Machines vs Bossman Traylor, OMG, & Fatu

n60FrQW.jpg

It seems like The Machines are always fighting from behind while defending their titles. This match was no exception. In fact, this was probably the closest they have come, so far, to losing the straps. While Bossman and OMG are huge and intimidating men, they have worked a slightly goofy and fun-loving style so far here in Japan. The addition of NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Fatu to their team (and perhaps the chance at winning some gold) seemed to bring out the more savage side of the big men. In a reversal of the usual formula, this time it was Super Strong Machine who took the merciless beating and very nearly got pinned, and it was Sumo Machine who eventually made the fired-up comeback with a series of vicious Lariats and Shoulder Blocks. A series of quick tags led to Very Tall Machine nailing Traylor with a top rope Diving Knee Drop followed by Sumo Machine forcing the Bossman to submit to the Sumopion Deathlock. The Machines limped to the back, still champions but looking much worse for the wear.

Main Event: NWA Champion Rick Martel vs Jumbo Tsuruta

So, the picture I want to paint is this: The match was not two men trying to entertain the crowd. It was not two men trying to hurt each other. It was not two men trying to show what they can do in the ring. The feeling, from bell to bell, was: Two men desperately trying to win a fight.

1VR2xtK.jpg

The crowd was shocked to see Jumbo come to the ring accompanied by Riki Choshu. The two men appeared to be discussing Lariat techniques on their way to the ring. And, sure enough, Jumbo focussed his attack on Martel’s neck from the early going. Giant Baba made his way to ringside, presumably to keep an eye on Choshu; but there was no interference in this match and the action mostly stayed inside the ring. Martel was forced to fight defensively for most of the first twenty minutes. On the relatively rare occasions that Jumbo gave him an opening, Martel went after Tsuruta’s legs and lower back. Around twenty minutes in, Martel caught Jumbo with a Hiptoss, the followed up with a Dropkick, and went for the Slingshot Splash… but Jumbo got his knees up. With Martel hurt, Jumbo went for the kill. He hit a Spinning Neckbreaker and followed up with a Piledriver, but Martel got his foot up on the ropes to break the count. Jumbo dragged Martel into the middle of the ring and worked over his neck with some nasty chops and painful-looking holds. He whipped Martel into the ropes and tried to finish him with a Lariat, but Martel managed to block the move. Jumbo charged once again, but Martel countered with a Spinning Spinebuster and followed up with a pair of Backbreakers for a two count. The men got to their feet and charged at each other again. Jumbo went for a Thesz Press, but Martel rolled through into a Boston Crab. He pulled Tsuruta into the center of the ring and sunk the hold in deeply. Jumbo struggled and fought and managed to make his way to the ropes to force a break, but the damage was done. Jumbo got to his feet first and tried to take Martel over with a Double Underhook Suplex, but his lower back and legs were worn down from the Crab. Martel managed to plant his feet and reverse the throw, taking Jumbo over and bridging up to hold him down while the referee counted one, two, three.

Giant Baba entered the ring to give Martel and ice pack for his damaged neck. He then raised Martel’s hand in victory. Jumbo got to his feet and stared daggers at Baba and Martel. As Tsuruta made his way out of the ring, Choshu tried to comfort him, but Jumbo shoved Choshu off of the entrance ramp down onto the floor. Meanwhile, Baba and Martel continued playing to the crowd from inside the ring.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Match #3

Jacques Rougeau beat Keith Hart in 16:27 with a missile dropkick. After the match, Keith Hart attacked Jacques and put him into the Sharpshooter until referees came out to stop Keith. Afterwards, Jacques got up to his feet and took the mic:

Jacques Rougeau: “Keith Hart, it seems now obvious that you and your little brother Owen are cut from the same cloth. I can promise you this. I don’t know when and I don’t know how but if I got to chase you all the way to Porto Rico to do it, to kick you and Owen’s ass, so be it. But trust me, Keith, this is far from over. Once I get my title back from that no good Don Kernodle, I’m gonna take good care of you!”

(Jacques Rougeau retreats backstage.)

Match #4

JWA Japanese Championship

Andre the Giant beat Kokina Maximus in 12:13 with a double underhook suplex to retain. After the match, as Paul E checks on Kokina, Floyd Creatchman makes his way to the ring and attacks Paul E from behind! Floyd quickly retreats outside the ring before Kokina can get his hands on him. But Floyd has a message for Paul E....

Floyd Creatchman: Paul E. Dangerously, I told you that the day would come where I’d get my revenge on you from stealing the Samoans away from me. I’m here to tell you that this day is coming sooner than you think. Tonight will mark a new chapter in the history of The Creatchman Family. Tonight was the last time you saw The Botswana Beast. And I also got rid of Lord Humongous. You see, for the longest time, my father Eddy Creatchman always taught me that monsters are the most intimidating men you could ever get for a stable. However, I’m not my father. I love you very much, dad, but it is time for me to shape up The Creatchman Family to my image. Paul E. Dangerously, don’t think for one split second that this doesn’t mean that I’m completely done with monsters. Far from it. Kokina Maximus deserves a special fate. So I’ve got something very special planned for him. And you’re gonna find out soon enough. But that’s for later. Tonight, I promise to unveil the latest members of the revamped Creatchman Family. And I can assure you that no one will see this coming.

(Floyd returns to the back, leaving a puzzled Paul E. Dangerously and Kokina Maximus.)

Match #5

Bobby Fulton beat Chris Candido in 15:08 in a spectacular match after Fulton pinned Candido with a top rope flying crossbody.

Match #6

Gino Brito beat “Hotstuff” Eddie Gilbert in 8:26 with a small package. After the match, Gino Brito extends his hand for Eddie to shake it but as Eddie accepts, he then sucker punches Gino Brito! Hotstuff then follows up with his Hot Shot on Brito. Eddie Gilbert leaves the ring, proud of his dastardly acts as referee Luigi Macera checks on Gino Brito.

(After the commercial break, we see the ring crew setting up the cage for the main event and we go to the broadcast booth for an interview.)

Guy Hauray: It’s already been a fateful night here in Calgary and the cage is being set up for our much anticipated main event between King Tonga and Armand Rougeau. But before we go to our interview, we have some breaking news as we can confirm that on this show next week, from Edmonton, the NWA United States Heavyweight Champion Ted Dibiase will join us and I can’t wait to see what he has in mind. But for now, please welcome The Killer Bees!

(Jumpin Jim Brunzell and B. Brian Blair come out in street clothes, greeted by Guy Hauray)

Guy Hauray: Gentlemen, you’ve recently made your debut in Lutte Internationale and despite coming up short on a few occasions, you’ve been involved in some red hot feuds, including against AWA’s Death Sentence. Now, what are your plans going forward?

Jim Brunzell: It’s simple, sir. We’re here to be not only the Canadian International Tag Team Champions but we’re also here to be the NWA World Tag Team Champions. Now, we know that we’re getting ahead of ourselves and we realize the Road Warriors are one helluva tag team but we need to make our presence felt. And we’re gonna do it here.

Brian Blair: That’s right, Jim. We might’ve rubbed people the wrong way with how we debuted here but the point was to make sure that you’d never know what to expect from The Killer Bees. And I think we’ve made that point pretty efficiently. We can wrestle the best of them but we also proved that we can brawl with the toughest teams like Death Sentence. So it truly doesn’t matter because---AAAAARGH!

(Blair is interrupted by a sneak attack by....THE NIGHTMARES! Ken Wayne and Danny Davis are here and they’re attacking the Killer Bees! Things are getting out of hand quickly as Danny Davis is choking B.Brian Blair with a cable cord while Ken Wayne is keeping Jim Brunzell at bay by putting a chair on Brunzell’s throat. We then see FLOYD CREATCHMAN walk out from backstage. Floyd Creatchman comes to join Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier.

Floyd Creatchman: Earlier tonight, I told Paul E. Dangerously that the newest chapter of the Creatchman Family started tonight. Contrarily to Paul E, I NEVER lie. So I give to you the newest members of the Creatchman Family – my NEW Creatchman Family: Ken Wayne and Danny Davis, The Nightmares!

(Finally, Ken Wayne and Danny Davis let go of the Killer Bees but Floyd isn’t done yet.)

Floyd Creatchman: I want to send the message loud and clear to the rest of Lutte Internationale and the National Wrestling Alliance that I’m not kidding around. So, Killer Bees, next week in Edmonton, I propose that my Nightmares wrestle the Killer Bees... in a Bunkhouse Brawl! Come as you are, we’re not picky. The only thing that matters is that we’re gonna dismantle you and retake our position on top of Lutte Internationale!

(Floyd Creatchman leaves with The Nightmares as Guy Hauray joins Édouard Carpentier back behind the desk.)

Guy Hauray: Eddy, I’m stunned. Floyd wasn’t kidding when he said that he was revamping his Creatchman Family.

Édouard Carpentier: And he’s not wasting any time either. We’re getting a Bunkhouse Brawl next week between the Nightmares and The Killer Bees. Creatchman is setting the tone for what’s to come.

Guy Hauray: And we’re not even talking about the ominous warning he made to Paul E. Dangerously about the man he says will take out Kokina Maximus.

Édouard Carpentier: I don’t know who that is but Paul E better get ready. Because I’ve never seen Floyd Creatchman that motivated. He has been humiliated by Paul E and God knows that hell hath no fury like a Creatchman scorned!

Guy Hauray: We hope to learn more about this next week but the Cage is set and we’re ready for our main event!

MAIN EVENT

Match #7

King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Armand Rougeau in 20:31 with the Tongan Death Grip. Armand was just a bloody mess in that one after Frenchy snuck in a wooden chair and Tonga broke it over Armand’s head. After the match, Frenchy Martin entered the cage and locked it, while slipping a pair of handcuff to Tonga to tie Armand to the ropes. Tonga continued his merciless beating of Armand, even going as biting Armand’s bloody forehead. Tonga headbutted Armand 4 times until he was completely motionless while tied to the cage. It finally took Bruno Sammartino to unlock the cage and get inside the ring to punch Frenchy Martin and stop Tonga’s carnage. The show ends as Tonga is exiting the cage with a groggy Frenchy while Bruno & paramedics check on the bloodied Armand Rougeau.

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

I loved your use of the footage from Japan, and I really enjoyed seeing Andre defend his JWA Japanese Title in Canada.

Floyd Creatchman attacking Paul E was a great, shocking moment.

I agree with kevin that Adonis standing up to Paul E was pretty cool, too.

Nasty, violent main event. Tonga, in a cage, with a chair and handcuffs... that's too much for any man to overcome.

May 25th, 1986

Saddledome, Calgary, AB

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship Steel Cage Match: The Samoan SWAT Team (The Great Samu & Kokina Maximus, w/Paul E. Dangerously) fight Lutte's newest tag team, The Rock N' Roll RPMs to a 30-minute time limit draw; The Samoan SWAT Team retains

-Chris Candido beat Gilles Poisson in 12:51

-Kevin Von Erich beat King Tonga in 17:56 with the Claw. Postmatch, NWA Enforcer Bruno Sammartino came out and announced to King Tonga that he was suspended indefinitely after his actions against Armand Rougeau last night!

-NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit beat "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal in 15:26

-The Hart Brothers (Owen & Keith) fight The Rougeau Brothers to a 60-minute time limit draw