Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling May 1986

SirEdger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great TV! Man, the Nightmares are perfect for Creatchman. Nice continuity, showing footage from Japan. Brito gets a nice win over Gilbert but of course Hot Stuff has to have the last laugh. Jeez, Tonga just destroyed Armand in that cage, which makes Kevin Von Erich's Calgary win over Tonga all the more impressive. Loved that SST/RPM cage match and that Harts/Rougeau's match is a classic.

The Harts and Rougeaus seem to be fighting everywhere. I like the use of Japanese footage. Armand certainly paid for his bravery there.

Who were the babyfaces in Calgary, the Harts or the Rougeaus?

Definitely the Harts in Calgary (or throughout Alberta, for that matter!)

Yeah, I was juggling back and forth about the time-limit draw in the tag title match in the opener but I didn't want the Rock N' Roll RPMs to lose their first match right off the bat in Lutte so I opted for the draw rather than have them take the loss.

Wow what a great series of shows! I love the angle with Adrian, I would never imagined Adonis could be a sympathetic character but you pulled it off!

I love the Nightmares showing up to feud with the Bees, they could very well pull off some "masked confusion" of their own if need be.

Huge win for Tonga followed up by a huge win for my boy Kevin Von Erich, we'll be showing that footage on WCCW for sure!

May 30th, 1986

Northlands Coliseum, Edmonton, AB

-Raymond Rougeau beat B. Brian Blair in 7:52 with the Savate Kick

-Stud Stable International (Richard Charland & Robert Fuller, w/Frenchy Martin) beat NWA United States Champion Ted Dibiase & "Ragin' Bull'" Manny Fernandez in 11:26 after Robert Fuller pinned Manny Fernandez

-"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant & Sweet Brown Sugar beat NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle & NWA Canadian International TV Champion Matt Borne in 12:35 after Sweet Brown Sugar pinned Matt Borne! Did Sugar just earned himself a TV title match???

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Jos LeDuc in 31:40 in a bloody brawl

-"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal beat Jimmy Golden (w/Frenchy Martin) in 14:52

-Chris Candido & Owen Hart beat The Nightmares (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 12:07 when Owen pinned Ken Wayne with his foot in the ropes!

Winner gets a shot at NWA National Heavyweight Championship at a future date: Bruce Hart beat Satanico in 34:21 with the Sharpshooter

Simulcast with AWA event on ESPN/TSN Supercards - from Winnipeg: Rick Martel & Andre the Giant beat Ken Patera & Crusher Blackwell when Martel pinned Patera with the slingshot splash.

Wow..a bit of an upset with the Stud Stable going over in Dibiase/Fernandez!

Great win for Fatu over Leduc!

Love the pairing of Owen/Candido, nice to see Owen still stretching the rules here in Canada.

Bruce Hart makes for a great challenger for the National championship.

Huge Main Event for both shows here!

Owen and Candido is a great young team. Sugar vs. Borne is a really good match on paper. Fatu and Leduc beating each other senseless is always good fun. And you know, it's nice to see Bruce have some success after what I put him through.

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling TV LIVE!

May 31st, 1986

Northlands Coliseum, Edmonton, AB

dieu.jpgNwalogobw.jpg

(Before the opening credits, we see the footage of UWF’s Memorial Day Bash with Rick Martel facing Nikita Koloff for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. We see Nikita Koloff hitting Martel with multiple Russian Sickles until Ole Anderson threw in the towel to stop the match, allowing Nikita Koloff to win the title. Then, after the credits, we go to the broadcast booth with Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier waiting to start the show.)

Guy Hauray: Good evening and welcome to this edition of NWA Lutte Internationale TV LIVE! As you’ve seen a few moments ago, we now have a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion in Nikita Koloff as the Russian Nightmare completely obliterated Rick Martel on his way to the title win.

Édouard Carpentier: You know, Guy, we all knew that with Rick’s gruelling schedule, it was a matter of time before it happened but it hurt a lot of us to see Rick losing the way he did. But he went out like the warrior that he’s always been. He promised at Starrcade to be a fighting champion when he defeated “Nature Boy” Ric Flair and he sure held on to that promise.

Guy Hauray: And now, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the now former NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Rick Martel.

(Rick Martel comes out to a rousing ovation from the fans in Edmonton.)

Guy Hauray: First of all, Rick, obviously, you must be devastated to have lost the NWA World title the way you did but what’s going through your mind right now.

Rick Martel: Thank you, Guy. First of, I just wanna say that if Ole Anderson and Magnum TA are watching, know that I’m not offended or mad or disappointed at Ole throwing the towel in this match. Obviously, many of us had our differences with Ole Anderson through the years but I genuinely think that he was just looking out for my best interest and my health. Of course, the competitor in me would’ve kept going but it is what it is. I said I’d be a fighting champion when I beat Ric Flair and I think I held my end of the bargain. Now, I have my mandatory rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship and I’m working with Bob Geigel and the NWA Board of Directors to have this happening as soon as possible. Whenever it happens, I’ll be ready and ----

???: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(The all-but-familiar laugh of the NWA United States Heavyweight Champion Ted Dibiase interrupts Rick Martel as Dibiase saunters through the set to a chorus of boos.)

Guy Hauray: Ted Dibiase? We knew that you were scheduled to be here this week but what are you doing here at this very moment?

Ted Dibiase: Let me ask you a question, little man: why wasting your time on a loser like him when you have a winner like me, right here? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You see, the truth of the reality is that right now, I’m the man of the hour in the National Wrestling Alliance! With all due respect to Nikita Koloff, I’m the most dangerous man in the entire NWA. You know why? Because I got MONEY. In bundles! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And if you’re watching World Class Championship Wrestling, you know that I already put it to good use with that $150,000 bounty I put on the head of Dusty Rhodes. And I’m gonna let you in on a little secret; at first, I was thinking about putting that bounty on Rick Martel’s head but then, Nikita Koloff did the job for me...or should I say, Ole Anderson? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rick Martel: Listen, Dibiase, I don’t know what’s your problem and you’re probably just here to make fun of me because I lost the NWA World Heavyweight Championship but leave Ole Anderson out of this. What’s done is done. I’ve moved on and if I were you, I’d focus on the present. Something that you didn’t do last night when Chris Candido & Robert Fuller beat you and Manny Fernandez here in Edmonton.

(The crowd cheers as Dibiase seems a bit miffed.)

Ted Dibiase: Every dog can get lucky. And it was Manny Fernandez who took the pin, not me. So, don’t try to change the subject. The fact and the matter is this; right now, you’re no longer the kingpin; I AM. HAHAHAHAHAHA! And I can finish the job Nikita Koloff started any time of the week, twice on Sundays!

Rick Martel: How appropriate of me to ask you that question but do you wanna put your money where your mouth is? How about you and I wrestle in the main event for your US Heavyweight Championship?

Ted Dibiase: HAHAHAHAHAHA! Wow, what they say about you is true; you do have more guts than brains, Martel. You know what, I’ll gladly accept! I guess I’m gonna really have the chance to finish off the job Nikita started last week. See ya soon. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Ted Dibiase leaves, still laughing.)

Rick Martel: Well...you know the saying; he who laughs last laughs loudest. I’m intending on laughing last when this night’s over.

(Rick Martel leaves the set as Guy Hauray returns to the booth.)

Guy Hauray: There you have it, we have our main event for tonight: Rick Martel vs Ted Dibiase for the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship!

Édouard Carpentier: But this close to that brutal beating at the hands of Nikita Koloff, I’m not sure this is a smart move from Rick Martel. Ted Dibiase is a dangerous, dangerous man. He’s gonna resort to everything to ensure victory. I’d be careful if I were Rick.

Guy Hauray: Nevertheless, what an opportunity for Rick Martel to regain gold only 5 days after losing the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. We’re ready for action so let’s get started!

Match #1

Richard Charland & Frenchy Martin beat the debuting duo of Brian Adias & Sunny War Cloud in 8:50 after Charland hit a piledriver on Sunny War Cloud. After the match, Adias gets mad at Sunny War Cloud and leaves him alone in the ring.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

(After the break, we’re ready for action and jobbers Odell Averill and Sammy Acker are already in the ring when NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champions The Samoan SWAT Team – this week represented by The Great Samu & Kokina Maximus – make their way to the ring. Paul E. Dangerously slowly makes his way to the ring when all of a sudden, he’s attacked by Floyd Creatchman! Floyd is wailing on Paul E while Kokina and Samu just spot what’s happening. In the meantime, a HUGE masked man with the number “747” on his tights enters the ring and stands between Samu and Kokina! As Floyd keeps going on Paul E, 747 just DESTROYS both Averill & Acker with a double clothesline. 747 then continues with a body avalanche on BOTH Averill & Acker piled in a corner. The Great Samu then charges 747 who drops him with a double handed chokebomb. Kokina charges 747 and they start trading fists and eventually 747 is backed up in a corner. Kokina tries to run into 747 but 747 grabbed a chain in the corner and NAILS Kokina! Kokina staggers in the ropes and he involuntarily gets tied up. In the meantime, 747 throws the chain at Floyd Creatchman on the outside and Floyd starts choking Paul E. Dangerously! Kokina is forced to watch as 747 hits not one, not two, not three, not four but FIVE running splashes on The Great Samu! Finally, Bruno Sammartino sends a slew of officials and security to stop the carnage from Floyd Creatchman & his new masked monster. As the refs untie Kokina, Floyd Creatchman and 747 leave the scene while paramedics bring out the stretcher on which they put The Great Samu. Paul E. seems to be distraught while Kokina is still groggy.)

Édouard Carpentier: What did we just witness? I don’t know who is this monster but it looks like Kokina Maximus has finally found his match in this 747 guy.

Guy Hauray: The Creatchmans have always been known to hold their promise and Floyd also delivered. I guess we won’t have to wait long to learn who is this man as Floyd Creatchman will unveil his identity tomorrow night in Kelowna, BC! After the break, Gino Brito is in action!

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK*****

Match #2

Guest Referee – Bruno Sammartino

Gino Brito beat the debuting Al Madril in 6:40 with the Figure Four Leglock

Match #3

Bunkhouse Brawl

The Nightmares (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat the Killer Bees in 18:29. The end came when Brunzell had Ken Wayne in position to hit him with a chair but a distraction by Floyd Creatchman allowed for a masked Danny Davis to take Wayne’s place and hit Brunzell with a low blow. The (now both) masked Nightmares hit a double DDT on Brunzell to secure the win while Floyd Creatchman was choking Brian Blair outside with the same chain he used to choke Paul E. Dangerously earlier in the night.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Match #4

MS-1 (w/Pirata Morgan) beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu in 10:25. Visibly, Fatu was a bit distraught by the absence of Paul E. Dangerously at ringside following the attack from earlier tonight.

Before the next match starts, Pirata Morgan feels a bit too confident and he calls out 747 just to stick it to the Samoan SWAT Team!!! Floyd Creatchman and 747 don’t hesitate to oblige...

Match #5

747 (w/Floyd Creatchman) destroys Pirata Morgan in 3:51 with a running splash. After the match, Floyd Creatchman takes the mic and sends a message to Paul E. Dangerously.

Floyd Creatchman: Paul E, I told you last week that I’d get my revenge on you sooner than you think. By the looks of it, it seems like that Christmas has come early for me. But I’ll let you in on a little secret. If you wanna know the identity of 747, why don’t you hop on a plane and show up in Kelowna, BC tomorrow night where I’ll unveil his identity to everyone in attendance. And don’t worry.....if you happen to not show up, we’ll still be here next week so you can be formally introduced.

(Floyd Creatchman leaves the ring with 747 and they triumphantly retreat to the ring, Floyd Creatchman hoisting the chain he used a few times already tonight...

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Match #6

Mike Davis (w/Tommy Lane) beat Gilles Poisson in 13:10 with an abdominal stretch

MAIN EVENT

Match #7

NWA UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ted Dibiase © beat Rick Martel by stoppage in 7:51 after The Killer Bees ran in to throw the towel while Dibiase had the Million Dollar Dream locked in on Martel, who was refusing to quit. The show ended with Ted Dibiase laughing his way backstage with the US title belt while the Killer Bees checked on Martel, who saw a 2nd match stopped in 5 days by a third party.

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

Wow! Creatchman really got some revenge on Paul E! That was one wild scene. I got to admit, it was fun seeing Al Madril pop up here. Nightmares get a big win over the Killer Bees, setting them up as serious contenders. I like that subtle turn by Adidas, be interested in seeing him work heel. Then of course what a surprise by Ted Dibiase!!!! Great TV, as the fans get an incredible main event with Dibiase and Martel. I would love to see a rematch down the road when Martel is healthy. These two could really go.

Martel is having a tough week. Floyd Creatchman is starting to live up to the family name. I wonder who 747 could be. I liked the story with Pirata getting too big for his britches, good way to put 747 over more. Madril's leg seems fine, I wonder how he healed so fast. :)

That mystery monster 747 is just one man, but he does enough damage for an entire gang!

After beating Martel, Dibiase is going to be more insufferable than ever!

Will Martel respond to the actions of the Killer Bees with the same class and tact that he showed to Ole?

747 is helping Creatchman turn the tables on Dangerously...he and Kokina will need a reinforced ring!

Dibiase is making waves all across the NWA...As US Champion and fresh off a win over Martel he should be the top contender for the World title but not sure he wants to step in the ring with Nikita.

Love the Nightmares using the Bees own trick against them.