Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling- May 86

spaldoni

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 5-31-86

The show starts off with footage of Nikita Koloff defeating Rick Martel for the NWA World Title.

Schiavone: ​Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic championship wrestling. With me as always, my partner David Crockett. David, the Memorial Day Event has passed and what an event it was.

Crockett: ​Indeed it was Tony. We have a new Mid Atlantic Champion as Paul Orndorff defeated Harley Race. The new champ will be in action tonight.

Schiavone: ​Yes, congratulations to 'Mr. Wonderful' and I'm sure he will make a tremendous champion. Lot's of great action tonight and our main event will be the Bar Room Brawlers taking on Paul Jones's The Southern Ramblers A lot of history between those teams.

Crockett: ​You're not kidding Tony and speaking of tag teams. This week in Roanoke VA, there will be a tag team battle royal with the winners getting a US Tag Title shot on July 2nd at the Great American Bash.

Schiavone: ​That should be an outstanding event and we will show highlights of that battle royal on next week's program. Well David, we saw the shocking footage at the top of the program as Nikita Koloff is now the NWA world champion. I don't know who can stop this man as he's left quite a path of destruction.

Crockett: ​He's certainly living up to his moniker of the Russian nightmare. Fans, Nikita Koloff will be defending his NWA World Title at the Great American Bash on July 2nd. To determine his opponent, on June 7th in Greensboro, Austin Idol will face Rob Fuller and the winner will get that coveted title shot. We will hear from both men tonight.

Schiavone: ​So much going on. Fans, let's go to the ring.

'Boogie Woogie Man' Jimmy Valiant vs. Ken Jenkins

​Valiant gets the crowd going as he dances and punches Jenkins. Valiant hammers away on Jenkins, swings him to the ropes and back body drops him, then swings off the ropes and hits an elbow drop for the pin!

Commercial Break

A Great American Bash Update is shown

Highlights are shown of Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez interfering in the US Title match at the Memorial Day Event.

Schiavone: Well fans, it looks like Ted Dibiase had to call in some back up for his match against Hacksaw Duggan. Now we just heard the blockbuster announcement, at the Great American Bash, Ted Dibiase will defend the US Title against Hacksaw Duggan, inside the steel cage. Please welcome out, the challenger, Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Duggan comes out to a huge ovation.

Schiavone: We saw the footage and I'm sure the cage will keep that from happening on July 2nd.

Duggan: ​First it was Stan Hansen and now it's Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez! Now I'm not going to sit here and cry about it, no way, instead I'm going to do something about it! Dibiase, we lock horns inside the cage at the Great American Bash and you'll have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide and best of all, you'll have to fight me on your own! Now, I still have scores to settle with your goons, so on June 7th in Greensboro, you and your goons will face myself and 2 other men. I told you I had friends and my partners that night will be the NWA World tag team champions...The Road Warriors!

The fans erupt!

Schiavone: Oh my!!!!

​The Assassins w/The Assassin vs. Tim Straw and Lou Simms

​The Assassins storm the ring and beat their opponents down. They throw Simms over the ropes then pick up Straw and give him a double stomach breaker. Assassin 1 picks up Straw and drops him on the top rope, snapping him back and down. Assassin 2 fly's off the top turnbuckle with a knee drop to get the pin! The crowd cheers as Hot Property hits the ring and attacks the Assassins. Travis and Savoldi each hit a drop kick, sending the Assassins through the ropes. The crowd cheers on Hot Property, as the Assassin checks on his boys.

Commercial Break

Mark Youngblood vs. Dave Penson

​Mark hits Penson with a series of chops, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a thrust shot. Mark suplexes Penson back, then body slams him, goes to the outside and hits the Sling Shot Splash for the pin! The fans cheer as the Ref raises Mark's hand in victory.

Crockett: ​Fans joining me now is Corporal Kirchner. Well, it seems this situation between you and Don Kernodle is far from over.

Kirchner: ​Don, this war is far from over, as a matter of fact there's two brothers who want to join in. Men you made enemies with. I'm talking about Jacques and Raymond Rougeau. Here's the deal, at the Great American Bash, the three of us want you and whoever you can find in a 6 man tag. We all want a piece of you Don but we're willing to give you a fighter's chance. Pick whoever you want and meet us at the Bash!

Crockett: Ok, a challenge has been made, seems like Don has a long list of enemies. We'll be seeing Corporal Kirchner in action a bit later. Let's go to the ring.

Greatness vs. Roger Murphy and Bill Richards

​Robinson works over Murphy with a series of European uppercuts then goes behind and executes a German Suplex. Robinson throws Murphy into the turnbuckles. Murphy tags in Richards. Robinson kicks him, then hits a gut wrench suplex and tags in Sammartino. Sammartino body slams Richards and follows with a knee drop. Sammartino hits a back breaker then picks up Richards and clamps on the bearhug then slams him down and tags in Robinson. Robinson hits a side slam backbreaker for the pin!

Greatness cuts a promo on how they're going to win the tag team battle royal because no other team can live up to their greatness.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: ​With me right now is a man who will wrestle for a shot at the NWA World Title, Rob Fuller

Fuller: ​(Takes his cigar out of his mouth) I would appreciate it if you would refer to me as the Stud Rob Fuller, I mean just look at me Tony Schiavone, I am quite the specimen. Now onto the business at hand. I get the grand opportunity of a lifetime for a chance at the NWA World Title but standing in my way is that pesky Austin Idol. Now I already beat that boy at the Memorial Event, so why do I have to do it again?

Schiavone: That was hardly a solid victory.

Fuller: ​You watch your mouth there Tony Schiavone. Now as for that crybaby Idol, rest assured on June 7th in Greensboro, If I have to beat you again, well then that's exactly what I'm going to do. You can bet your last dollar on that.

Fuller sticks his cigar back in his mouth and leaves.

Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle vs. Clyde Putnam and Jim Davidson

​Crews swings Putnam to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle then tags in Timbs, who nails Putnam with a knee lift as he started to stand. Timbs tags in Crews and they hit the Double Facelock Drop for the pin!

Commercial Break

Crockett: ​With me right now is the other man involved in the match for a shot at the NWA World Title, I'm talking about Austin Idol

Idol gives a wink and right bicep pose to the cheering crowd.

Idol: ​Big time match coming up for a chance at all the marbles baby. Well Austin Idol is no stranger to big time opportunity Jack! If you remember, last year I won the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup and defeated a lot of top dogs there. That just goes to show you, when the heat is on, the Universal Heartthrob thrives under pressure. Rob Fuller, you're standing in the way baby and I'm gonna knock you down and go on and get my shot at the NWA World Title!

10,000 Dollar Challenge

​King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. Alex Portman

​JJ opens up the briefcase and shows Portman the cash then smiles and says "All you have to do is beat him" JJ slams the case shut and laughs as he exits the ring. The bell rings and Portman charges Bundy but Bundy leans forward and puts him down with a shoulder block. Bundy body slams him, swings off the ropes and hits the Big Splash for the pin! The fans boo as JJ leads Bundy to the podium.

JJ: This man has been on a walking path of destruction since arriving here in Mid Atlantic. Hell, we even put up 10,000 dollars and still, nobody can beat him! This man is an unstoppable force and cannot be defeated. Just keep lining up boys and King Kong Bundy will knock each and everyone of you down!

Bundy: That's right! Every man has fallen and they will continue to fall! I don't care who you are, nobody can survive in the ring with me. Nobody!

​Commercial Break

Mr. Brad Rheingans vs. Aaron Arbuckle

​Brad works over Arbuckle with some solid amateur wrestling then slaps the back of his head. Arbuckle gets up and Brad punches away then grabs him and hits a quick belly to belly suplex. Brad picks up Arbuckle and hits the Bridging Cradle Suplex for the pin! The fans boo as Brad heads to the podium.

Schiavone: ​You know Brad, I'm still not use to this new attitude of yours. Recently you attacked Bob Backlund after a match the two of you had and severely hurt his arm with the Kimura. Bob might be out of action for awhile.

Brad: ​I thought I told you to refer to me as Mr. Rheingans? However, I've been doing a lot of thinking and as you and all these morons already know, there is nobody who knows more about wrestling than I do. I'm a true wrestling Encyclopedia. So I have decided that Mister just doesn't do it for me anymore. From now on you and all these idiots, including the biggest idiot of them all, Bob Backlund will refer to me as the Professor of Wrestling Brad Rheingans, but I will settle for Professor Rheingans. Ok, thank you very much Tony and good day.

Schiavone: Oh brother, fans we'll be back.

​Commercial Break

Corporal Kirchner vs. Steve Ramsey

​Kirchner body slams Ramsey then follows with a standing leg drop. Kirchner hoists Ramsey up on his shoulders and drops him back with the Fallaway Slam for the pin! Kirchner is going out to get his flag when the boos hit as the Caspian Empire attack Kirchner. They stomp and choke away. Smirnoff gets on the top rope. Sheik body slams Kirchner and Smirnoff follows with a knee across the chest. They grab Kirchner's arms and hold him. The boos gets louder as Don Kernodle gets in the ring. Don slaps Kirchner several times, grabs his hair and slaps him again then throws his head down as officials storm the ring. The boos continue as Kernodle and the Caspian Empire go to the podium.

Crockett: ​Don Kernodle, you're a very sick man. Just what is the meaning of that brutal attack?

Kernodle: ​Kirch, buddy, earlier you were talking about enemies (Laughs) well remember these guys? Oh yes, they still have scores to settle as well. Meet my partners for the Great American Bash, the Caspian Empire.

Smirnoff: Corporal Kirchner, we have had many battles and my partner and I would like to have many more. So go ahead and bring in those sissy Rougeau Brothers, we don't care. You cannot stop this alliance!

Sheik: Corporal Kirchner (spits on ground), you make me sick! That Jacques and that Raymond (spits on ground) they make me sick also! Caspian Empire number 1, Don Kernodle number 1! The three of us are a united empire!

​Commercial Break

Crockett: What a despicable act we just saw. I'm sure Kirchner and the Rougeaus will be coming at them full force at the Great American Bash. Fans with me right now is the NWA National Champion, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka. Jimmy you're coming off a hard fought bullrope title defense over Blackjack Mulligan. But it doesn't look like you're going to have much time to heal because on June 7th in Greensboro, you will be defending that title against Bruiser Brody.

Snuka: (bandage on forehead) That's right David but you know brotha, the Superfly backs down from no man. I am the NWA National Champion and will take on all comers. Bruiser Brody, as the clock ticks forward the Superfly gets closer.

Crockett: ​Alright, the National Champ, Jimmy Snuka, now on a collision course with Bruiser Brody. Fans my next guests are the US Tag Team Champs, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley.

Johnson and Cooley talk about the top teams here in MACW and look forward to defending their titles against the winners of the tag team battle royal. They don't care who wins it and say they plan on staying champions for a long time.

TV Champ 'The Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/ Rock Riddle vs. Carl Kimber

​Riddle grabs a mic and says Tom Prichard is such a fighting champion that he will put the title on the line. right here tonight. The bell rings and Prichard back drops Kimber. Prichard drops an elbow then picks up Kimber and rams his head several times on the turnbuckles. Prichard grabs Kimber and hits the Sling Shot Suplex for the pin! Riddle pushes the Ref's hand out of the way and raises Prichard's arm to the crowd. The Fabulous Blondes meet Prichard and Riddle at the podium.

Crockett: ​Welcome gentlemen.

Riddle: ​Whoa, Whoa, Whoa Davey baby, I would appreciate a little more enthusiasm when you're in the presence of the Agency. Standing with me is the team that's going to win that tag team battle royal and then go on to win the US titles at the Great American Bash baby! My Fabulous Blondes are the best team in the business! Now, the gem of the agency, the Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard, the greatest TV champion of all time. You saw him put that title up just now, that's because he's a fighting champion baby and to keep that up, Tom has decided to issue an open challenge, next week for the TV title. That's right, a challenge to any B Level wrestler who wants a shot. Always a pleasure Davey baby, see you next week.

Crockett: Fans, we'll be back

​Commercial Break

Bar Room Brawlers vs. The Southern Ramblers w/ Paul Jones

​The bell rings and these two teams just go at it while Jones gets out of there. They brawl for awhile then the Ref finally gets control. Vines swings Rose to the ropes and kicks him in the gut then puts him down with a forearm to the back. He stomps on Rose then tags in Sword, who swings off the ropes and hits a knee drop to the back. Sword picks Rose up but Rich runs in with a punch to the back of the head. Vines comes in but the Ref guides him back. The Southern Ramblers push Sword to the corner and double team him with kicks. Rose tags in Rich. Rich slams Sword's head on the turnbuckle, grabs him and hits the snake eyes on the turnbuckle then tags in Rose. Rose hits a corner sling shot splash and covers 1..2..Vines breaks the count with a kick then punches Rich off the apron. Sword is able to roll to make the tag. Vines hammers away on Rose, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a back elbow smash. Rich runs in and gets back dropped. Sword comes in and both teams are brawling. The Ref is trying to break up Rich and Sword. Vines lifts Rose up for a hanging suplex but Paul Jones hits Vines at the knees with his cane! Rose falls on Vines, the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3!

Schiavone: ​Once again the cane plays a huge part in the finish. Cant we just ban Paul Jones from using that stupid thing. Fans, my guest at this time is Tiger Jeet Singh.

The fans boo as Singh storms out swinging his sword. He swings it towards Schiavone.

Schiavone: ​Hey, just relax or I'll have security ban you from this building. Ok, you heard the challenge made by Tony St. Clair for the Great American Bash. He wants you and Abdullah the Butcher and he says he will be announcing who his partner will be next week.

Singh: ​You saw what Abdullah and myself did to the Road Warriors! St. Clair! We don't care who you get as a partner but just remember, the blood of your partner will be on your hands! St. Clair! You will be beaten down and shed even more blood than your partner! You're a very foolish man St. Clair and your partner might be even more foolish!

​Commercial Break

Mid Atlantic Champ Paul Orndorff vs. Lloyd London

​Orndorff has the crowd rocking as he swings London to the ropes and hits the high knee. Orndorff follows with a forearm drop then picks him up and body slams him. Orndorff picks him up and hits him with a short arm clothesline. The crowd goes crazy as Orndorff makes the signal. He picks London up and crashes him down with the piledriver! Orndorff counts along as the Ref hits 3! The fans roar as Orndorff walks around the ring, holding his title high. Orndorff heads to the podium.

Crockett: ​Paul, congratulations on winning the Mid Atlantic Championship. It must feel great.

Orndorff: ​Thank you, David Crockett and yes it feels Wonderful to be holding this prestigious title. It was a long road and a hard fight but I knew I had the perseverance to keep going. Mr. Wonderful loves gold and I don't plan on losing this gold anytime soon. Being a champion just means training harder and staying more focused. Now I don't have much time to celebrate as Harley Race already made the challenge at the Great American Bash. Harley you want a No DQ match, hey that's fine with me because as everybody knows, I just don't back down from a good fight. Mr. Wonderful is back on top and David, it feels so good!

Crockett: There you have it from our new Mid Atlantic Champion, Paul Orndorff. Well fans, we're going to end our program with some pre recorded comments from US Champ, Ted Dibiase, Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez. Fans, see you next week

​Dibiase, Rude and Fernandez are standing in front of a private jet

​Dibiase: ​(Laughing) Oh Duggan, you stupid, stupid man. Making a fool of you is becoming to easy. Look at the facts Duggan, you cant beat me and if you think a cage will make any difference, well than yes, you are as stupid as you look (More laughing) Now listen up all you peons. The man to my left is Manny Fernandez, on my right is Rick Rude. You are looking at the greatest team in the world. They haven't had the opportunity to fully unleash their potential because they have been held back...not any more! To insure they get every opportunity they deserve, I have purchased their contracts! (Big Laugh) Tell them boys!

Rude: That's right! We signed on with a winner and now we cant be held back. We are the best team in the entire wrestling world and we're going to show all you peons that real, real soon!

Manny: ​That's right Daddy! You're looking at the Awesome Twosome and this man has given us the keys to the kingdom Daddy!

Dibiase: (Another Laugh) You know, life is good but it's a whole lot better when you have money!

The show ends with all three men laughing.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History shows that sometimes, challenges to "B-level wrestlers" don't turn out for the best for the man throwing the challenge. I think that Dr. Tom Prichard might regret this.

I'd love to see Brad Rheingans change monikers every week lol

Rheingans as the Professor of Wrestling may anger El Profe a little bit. :) But it is a good heel gimmick for sure. Generally when a guy gets cocky like Prichard is here , something goes terribly awry. Should be one Hell of a 6-man with Kirchner and Kernodle. And the Roadies joining forces with Duggan would be a great team. Whoever beats Bundy is going to get such a huge boost.

​MACW @ Kiel Auditorium, St. Louis MO, 5-31-86

​Bar Room Brawlers vs. Mike Sharpe and Chick Donovan

​Sharpe and Donovan get in some good offense early as Donovan body slams Sword and Sharpe follows with an elbow drop from the 2nd turnbuckle. Sword kicks out and eventually makes the tag to Vines, who cleans house. After back and forth action, Vines back drops Donovan and tags in Sword. Sword body slams Donovan then tags in Vines, who climbs to the top turnbuckle. Sword hits a backbreaker and holds Donovan as Vines comes off with a stomp on the chest to get the pin!

Tiger Jeet Singh vs. Vinnie Valentino

​Nobody stirs a crowd up during an entrance more than Singh as he storms down the aisle, waving his sword like a madman and pushes over an official who was in his way. The bell rings and Singh continues his charge as he attacks Valentino. Singh stomps away then chokes Valentino with his boot. Singh swings Valentino to the ropes and takes him down with a clothesline. Singh hoists Valentino up on his shoulders and finishes him off with the Argentine Rack Drop! Singh stands up and keeps pounding on Valentino, then throws him out of the ring. Singh follows, grabs his sword and uses it to choke Valentino until Security runs in to stop this.

Rolling Thunder vs. Greatness

​Huber and Morales haven't forgotten the beating Greatness laid on them a couple weeks ago as they charge the ring and take it to them. Huber swings Sammartino to the ropes and back drops him. Morales swings Robinson to the ropes and back drops him. Greatness stagger up and Rolling Thunder nail each of them with running forearm smashes, sending them through the ropes. The fans are cheering Rolling Thunder on. The Ref eventually gets order as Huber and Sammartino square off. Huber pounds away, swings Sammartino to the ropes and drop kicks him, Sammartino gets up and Huber body slams him, then tags in Morales. Morales swings Sammartino to the ropes and back drops him, then follows with an elbow drop and cover but Robinson breaks the count. Morales picks up Sammartino but gets an eye rake and kick to the mid section. Sammartino grabs Morales's head and rams it on the top turnbuckle then tags in Robinson. Robinson kicks Morales several times while Sammartino chokes him. Huber runs over but the Ref pushes him back, allowing Greatness to continue their assault in the corner. Robinson gut wrench suplexes Morales over then follows with a jumping knee drop and tags in Sammartino, who hits a knee drop from the 2nd turnbuckle. Sammartino covers 1..2..Huber breaks the count with an elbow drop. Sammartino picks up Morales and swings but Morales ducks and hits a back suplex, then rolls over and tags in Huber. Huber pounds away on Sammartino, then hoists him up for the airplane spin and drops him down then covers 1..2..Robinson breaks the count. Morales runs in and sends Robinson back with a forearm blast. Huber tags in Morales. Huber swings Sammartino to the ropes and hits a Powerslam, Morales swings off the ropes and hits a Senton but the bell rings! The time limit has expired and the official ruling is a DRAW. After the teams gather themselves, Greatness tries to attack but Rolling Thunder was ready and takes it to them, punching them through the ropes.

Corporal Kirchner vs. Alexis Smirnoff

​Some things never change as these two start a furious exchange. The first few minutes is a non stop back and forth brawl as both men get busted open. Kirchner swings Smirnoff into the turnbuckles and charges in but Smirnoff gives him a big boot to his face. Smirnoff stomps away then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with a forearm drop and cover but Kirchner kicks out. Smirnoff hits a body slam, grabs the top rope and drops several knees then covers 1..2..Kick Out! The fans cheer Kirchner on as Smirnoff is furious and yells at the Ref. Smirnoff stomps away on Kirchner, then goes to the top turnbuckle and attempts a knee drop but Kirchner moves as Smirnoff hits the canvas. The crowd starts the 'USA' chants. Kirchner slowly stands and shakes his fists. Kirchner hammers away on Smirnoff, swings him to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash, then follows with a standing leg drop and cover but Smirnoff gets his shoulder up. Kirchner picks up Smirnoff but Smirnoff rakes the eyes. Smirnoff regroups then takes a big swing at Kirchner, Kirchner ducks, hoists Smirnoff up over his shoulders and hits the Fallaway Slam 1..2..3! The crowd goes crazy. Kirchner gets his American Flag and circles the ring, while slapping hands and waving the flag.

Hot Property vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin

​For some reason The Assassins have targeted Hot Property but as we saw on TV, Hot Property will not be the victims. Before the bell even rings, the Assassins run out of the ring and charge Hot Property as they're making their way down the aisle. The Assassin is encouraging his team as they take the fight to Hot Property. Hot Property starts coming back. Travis and Assassin 1 take their brawl to one side and Savoldi and Assassin 2 are on the other side. The Ref is trying to get them in the ring as the fight continues. Assassin 2 swings Savoldi into the steel post! On the other side, Travis body slams Assassin 1 on the concrete! Travis and Assassin 2 start fighting. The Assassin tries to interfere but Travis knocks him down. The bell is ringing as Travis and Assassin 2 are fighting up the aisle. The match is declared a No Contest!

NWA National Heavyweight Title Bout

'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka © vs. The Cobra

​This match was signed before Snuka won the title but he said he would put the title on the line tonight. No Assassin, as he's still attending to his team in the back. The Ref holds up the title to the crowd then rings the bell. Cobra hits a charging knee strike right off the bat. Cobra body slams Snuka a couple times then hits a snap suplex and covers 1..2..Kick Out. Cobra hits a quick leg drop then gets up on the top rope and goes for a Senton but Snuka moves at the last second as Cobra crashes down on the canvas. This gives Snuka much needed time to regroup. Snuka picks up Cobra, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a chop. Snuka swings off the ropes and hits a diving headbutt and covers 1..2..Kick Out. Snuka scoop slams Cobra then climbs to the 2nd turnbuckle and goes for a diving headbutt but this time Cobra moves. Snuka crashes down as both men are laying side by side. Cobra grabs the ropes and pulls himself up. Snuka staggers up but Cobra sends Snuka through the ropes with a spinning kick. Snuka eventually staggers up. Cobra swings off the ropes and dives through the ropes and nails Snuka!. The crowd made a lot of noise for that move. The Ref is counting as Cobra picks up Snuka and throws him back into the ring. The Ref is checking on Snuka, the crowd boos as the Assassin comes to the ring and hands Cobra a foreign object. Cobra puts the object in his mask then climbs to the top rope. Cobra leaps off the top rope with a diving headbutt but Snuka moves. Cobra's head his the canvas and it looks like he's out cold. The Assassin cant believe what just happened. The fans cheer Snuka on. Snuka slowly staggers up and slowly climbs to the top turnbuckle. He focuses, flashes the 'I Love You' sign to the crowd and crashes down with the Superfly Splash 1..2..3!!! Jimmy Snuka retains the National Title!

US Tag Team Title Bout

Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley © vs. The Southern Ramblers w/ Paul Jones

​Rose taunts Johnson, then throws a cheap shot but Johnson blocks it, then fires away on Rose and drops him with a hard right fist. Johnson swings off the ropes as Rose stands up, Johnson puts him down with a shoulder block then jumps up and nails an elbow drop. Johnson picks up Rose, swings him hard into the turnbuckles and tags in Cooley. Cooley clamps on a headlock then hits a Running Bulldog and covers 1..2..Rich breaks the count with a knee drop. Jones is having a breakdown on the outside. Johnson runs in but the Ref guides him back. Cooley picks up Rose for a body slam but Rich nails Cooley on the back with a high knee. Rich drags Rose to the corner and illegally comes in. Rich stomps on Cooley, swings off the ropes and drops an elbow. Rich picks up Cooley, Rose sticks his boot out and Rich rams Cooley's head into the boot. Rich picks up Cooley and hits the Snake Eyes on the top turnbuckle and tags in Rose. Rose grabs the ropes and executes a corner slingshot splash and covers 1..2..Johnson breaks the count. Jones is screaming at the Ref. Rich yells at Johnson and Johnson clocks him with a right fist, sending Rich down on the apron. The crowd cheers Cooley on. Rose gets up, swings Cooley to the ropes and bends down but Cooley kicks Rose, then follows with a clothesline. Cooley makes a diving tag to Johnson as the crowd explodes. Rich charges in but Johnson sends him back to the turnbuckles with a high drop kick. Johnson swings Rose to the ropes and back drops him. Rose staggers up and takes a high drop kick to the corner then tags in Rich. Rich runs in and Johnson hammers away on him. Johnson picks up Rich and goes for a vertical suplex, but Rose trips Johnson and Rich crashes down on him 1..2..Johnson gets a foot on the rope. Rich tags in Rose. The Ramblers execute a double suplex. Rose gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a diving fist drop 1..2..Cooley breaks the count! Jones once again is livid. Rich charges in but Cooley sends him through the ropes with a forearm blast. The crowd cheers Johnson on. Rose slowly picks Johnson up but Johnson starts punching Rose, then really starts firing away, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him, then somersaults over and tags in Cooley. Cooley hammers away on Rose, Rich runs in and Cooley levels him, then grabs both of their heads and knocks them together. As Rich stumbles back to his corner, Jones hands him the cane. Jones gets up on the apron and distracts the Ref. Cooley is punching away on Rose, Rich comes from behind and gets ready to swing but Johnson runs in and drop kicks Rich and the cane goes flying. Cooley hoists Rose up on his shoulder and hits the Oklahoma Stampede, the Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3!! The crowd goes nuts as Jones throws a tantrum. Johnson and Cooley retain the US Tag Titles!

Harley Race vs. Mark Youngblood

​The first few minutes is some good back and forth action as both men display some solid wrestling. Mark hits some arm drags and hip tosses, while Race performed some knee drops and headbutts. Mark clamps on a headlock and starts wrenching, after a while Race was able to back suplex his way out of it. Race follows with a delayed vertical suplex and then a diving knee drop and cover but Mark kicks out. Race picks up Mark and hits a Pendulum backbreaker. Race covers 1..2..Kick out! Race cant believe it as he's on his knees with his hands on his hips. Race picks Mark up and gives him a fist to the face, he does this again but Mark fires back with a chop. They have an exchange and Mark starts to get the upper hand and chops away. Mark starts doing the war dance and puts Race down with a tomahawk chop. Mark clears the cobwebs and keeps the war dance going. He swings Race to the ropes and hits a diving throat thrust, then swings off the ropes and hits a splash. Mark covers 1..2..Race gets his shoulder up. Mark hits a vertical suplex then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and nails Race with a diving tomahawk chop. Mark covers 1..2..Race gets a shoulder up. Mark is disappointed. Mark swings Race into the turnbuckles and charges in and nails Race with a big boot to the face. Race just staggers forward, Mark grabs his arm and swings him to the opposite corner and goes for the big boot again, but Race simply falls to the side as Mark crashes into the turnbuckles. Both men are out of it. Finally, Race staggers up and stomps on Mark. Race grabs Mark and headbutts him, then follows with a scoop slam. He picks up Mark and executes a swinging neckbreaker. Race hoists Mark up, holds him, then crashes him down with the Piledriver! The Ref counts 1..2..3! Race gets a nice ovation as he raises his arm to the crowd.

Nice bounceback win for Harley Race after losing the Mid-Atlantic title to Paul Orndorff. Harley,s right back into contention for that title already

And I really thought for a moment that the Southern Ramblers would win the US Tag Titles. Great finish!

I think the Southern Ramblers will eventually take those US tag titles

As mentioned Harley Race gets a nice win to bounce back and get right back in the fray with Mr. Wonderful!

Rock Riddle and the Agency continues to be one of my favorite segments of your tv, always fun stuff.

Idol or Fuller either one would make for an interesting challenger for Nikita.

The finish to Singh's match is perfect. Rolling Thunder & Greatness starting up a feud? Could be a lot of fun and a good way to elevate Rolling Thunder. Hot Property and the Assassins was a Hell of a brawl. Snuka and Cobra would have been a really fun workrate match. The cane misfiring on Jones had to make those St. Louis fans happy. But not as happy as seeing Harley get the win in easily the match of the night.