WWE Backlash 2018

• Please log in to reply
455 replies to this topic

#41 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5738 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

There's just something about Coach that sucks the excitement out of everything he talks over. He's like a more boring version of Kevin Kelly. Percy Watson annoys me greatly but I give him a slight pass due to experience levels.

#42 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Miz is legit one of the greatest in the world. One of the top heel acts, one of the greatest promos and actually a very good wrestler. Why wouldn't anyone not consider him a star?

#43 El Dragon

El Dragon
  • Members
  • 860 posts

Part of me things the right decision here is have Miz go over and move Rollins back up to the main event cause he's a legitimately hot act (and he's been the best he's been since the Shield days this year), but I can't see them doing that with the brand split.

The thought of that scares me, because I remember what he was like when he was the WWE Champion, but maybe that is because of the stupid "authority" angle, which seemed to never end.

As someone who was heavily anti Rollins and am still not the biggest fan in the world of him by any means, I think he's performed very well in basically all of his big matches this year. More or less, if you ask me if I'd like to see Rollins or Balor get pushed up the card, I'd go Rollins strongly. Though that's partially me not liking Balor at all.

#44 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 2097 posts

Part of me things the right decision here is have Miz go over and move Rollins back up to the main event cause he's a legitimately hot act (and he's been the best he's been since the Shield days this year), but I can't see them doing that with the brand split.

Well I guess it depends on whether Miz would have to go back to RAW.   If not then either Jeff Hardy is going back to RAW or they are having 2 secondary titles on their show

Although it does help delay Miz vs Bryan until Wrestlemania

#45 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 4002 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

I'm genuinely surprised the crowd is this hot. Hope they keep it up! Making the show more enjoyable. 

#46 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

Someone just posted a format sheet of the show online. Roman/Joe is going on last

#47 El Dragon

El Dragon
  • Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

This has been a hot as fuck opener.

#48 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

There's just something about Coach that sucks the excitement out of everything he talks over. He's like a more boring version of Kevin Kelly. Percy Watson annoys me greatly but I give him a slight pass due to experience levels.

Yeah, and in my opinion Percy Watson is improving by leaps and bounds.

I'm genuinely surprised the crowd is this hot. Hope they keep it up! Making the show more enjoyable. 

Yeah, this crowd is hot.  Also, I am actually surprised how popular Rollins is as a babyface.  He's crazy popular lately...since the Shield reunion, really.

#49 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 3080 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

I'm pretty sure Seth Rollins is my least favorite wrestler on Earth.

#50 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 4002 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

That was an AWESOME spot & set-up to the Figure-Four. That was good shit.

#51 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5738 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

I'm pretty sure Seth Rollins is my least favorite wrestler on Earth.

He's bottom 5 for guys I like.

#52 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Mickie is the #1 worker in the company at the moment. She's been on fire this year. 

Not as much buzz for the show as I was expecting, looks pretty good on paper. But I also didn't watch the GRR so others could be more burnt out that I am. I'm attempting a live blog:

http://segundacaida....-live-blog.html

#53 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

That was an AWESOME spot & set-up to the Figure-Four. That was good shit.

And they're working the figure four perfectly. The old shit still works.

#54 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:24 PM

This is great.

#55 El Dragon

El Dragon
  • Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:24 PM

They 100% had me at the SKF finish. 

#56 El Dragon

El Dragon
  • Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

I will say I'm one "Seth dropping the roll through Superplex" away from actually liking him.

Okay, kicking out of the Skull Crushing Finale twice is too much.

#57 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 4002 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

I'm really digging this match but I'll never like that Superplex spot. You don't just no-sell a Superplex. Even if it's not 1985 anymore, that's still a big move.

#58 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Man I was loving the match and then Rollins did that stupid fucking superplex to falcon arrow spot and then went overboard with that kickout. Oh well, still very fun.

#59 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

The finish to me is kind of spoiled, since I can't see Miz winning and taking the I/C Championship to SDL.  I suppose they could do it, but if Raw doesn't have the I/C Title, they basically have no Men's singles titles.

#60 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

This match encapsulates the best and the worst Rollins has to offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users