• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5754 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

I'm a loner here in that I like Mauro.

Mauro has his odd quirks and irritating habits, but he's still the best by far.

You generally won't get that opinion on a board that worships the rancid Booker T though. ;)

I like that he actually talks like a human being. He doesn't speak WWE which makes him refreshing. He also seems to genuinely enjoy what he's watching unlike any of the main roster guys. Even Graves seems like he's been infected by Cole's shittiness.

#22 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5754 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

I also want to start the fire Nia, hire Viper band wagon.

#23 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2517 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

The difference, I think, is that Mauro is a legitimate professional commentator with decades of experience outside the wrestling bubble.

The others are rasslin' guys, or in Cole's case, a former news correspondent who has no passion for what he's watching or at least can't convey it.

Corey was great in NXT, but the micro-management on the main roster + much shittier commentary teams have taken their toll on him.

#24 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1339 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

Cole is by far the best commentator in WWE and it's not even close. The issue with him is that he's got Vince and Dunn blasting him through the headphones, but when he's on a more "natural" setting - Beast in the East, UK Tournament - his commentary shines through.

#25 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

Cole is by far the best commentator in WWE and it's not even close. The issue with him is that he's got Vince and Dunn blasting him through the headphones, but when he's on a more "natural" setting - Beast in the East, UK Tournament - his commentary shines through.

Surely that's so "once in a blue moon" that it hardly matters though?

Count me with those who still like Mauro. Despite his flaws, I enjoy his enthusiasm and think it's genuine (albeit exaggerated).

#26 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11153 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

Mauro would be so much better (and easier to listen to) if he wouldn't try so hard to shoehorn pop culture refrences into his commentary that make him sound like the "hello, fellow kids" meme.

#27 CarpetCrawler

CarpetCrawler
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

I'm a loner here in that I like Mauro.

Mauro has his odd quirks and irritating habits, but he's still the best by far.

You generally won't get that opinion on a board that worships the rancid Booker T though. ;)

I like that he actually talks like a human being. He doesn't speak WWE which makes him refreshing. He also seems to genuinely enjoy what he's watching unlike any of the main roster guys. Even Graves seems like he's been infected by Cole's shittiness.

I only really get to watch the PPV shows anymore so I only have those to go off on.  Is it just me or has Graves really been regressing as bad as he has on the PPVs?  Is he this rough on RAW and Smackdown too?  He spends more time dunking on Saxton than he does calling the match sometimes.  It's getting to be way overkill.  He used to mock Tom in NXT but it wasn't 2-3 minute rants that occurred every few minutes like what's been happening now.

#28 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1339 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Mauro would be so much better (and easier to listen to) if he wouldn't try so hard to shoehorn pop culture refrences into his commentary that make him sound like the "hello, fellow kids" meme.

Him trying at least 20 seconds to come up with that Infinity War analogy during the ladder match was PAINFUL

#29 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1339 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

KO feuding with Braun surely kills a lot of the interest I have in Strowman

#30 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

I'd be thrilled if I never saw another shoulder-first-into-the-ringpost spot for the rest of my life.

#31 cowboy hats

cowboy hats
  • Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

I'd be thrilled if I never saw another shoulder-first-into-the-ringpost spot for the rest of my life.

Definitely feels like the only transition they know how to book.

#32 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4408 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

They are still going with the Roman is being held down backstage storyline. This is doing him no favors

#33 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1339 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

Unless they make Roman turn into the delusional heel with this material, he's fucked. His promos are good and he sounds convincing, but considering the overall booking, that does not matter at all.

#34 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4408 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Bryan v Rusev tomorrow in mitb qualifier. Hell yeah

#35 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1339 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

That match rocked but some losers instead wanted to chant for something else. 

#36 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

Did somebody seriously propose in the middle of a match? What an asshole.

#37 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1339 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

Like him or not, Jinder's choice of colors is unparalleled

#38 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1660 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

Is this the first time the Rotundo brothers have competed against each other?

#39 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1339 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

Crazy how good the matches were on this show. The main event was a wild ride and they finally did something different.

#40 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4408 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

Stephanie giving Sami and Owens second chances to qualify seems like the obvious direction here. And Jinder v .Roman for a spot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users