Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/07 - 05/13

KawadaSmile

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming they are actually going to put the belt on her because of the following reasons:

1. The WWE finally got around to signing the final two members of the MMA Horsewomen, and they have teased a showdown with the WWE Horsewomen more than once.

2. Stephanie from the very start has been portrayed as the mother of the Women's movement in the WWE, including being the one to bring Sasha, Charlotte and Becky to the main roster.

3. They want to do Ronda vs Charlotte at Mania

So I think what will happen is that Ronda wins the belt, and then through the rest of the year building up Charlotte and Ronda as the top stars of SD and Raw. Stephanie would continue her Austin/McMahon feud with Ronda, and I could see Steph using her homegrown Horsewomen to create problems for Ronda. This brings her pals in the storyline for a Survivor Series showdown, maybe a wonky ending where Steph costs the MMA Horsewomen the match. Then she hides behind Charlotte and the build towards Mania kicks in. If they do that though, they have to quickly establish Ronda as a legitimate threat to the belt, which much like Vince did years ago with Austin, leads to Steph trying anything to keep/get the belt off her by sending people at her. Putting Ronda in "feel out" programs with the likes of Mickie and Natalya does not help with that story. And they do not have the time to do that either.

If that is what happens, I'll go on record now to agree that it is a mistake to rush her like that. But I mean, shes gotta be making a lot of money being in the WWE due to her celebrity status. And yet she hasn't really become a factor in the weekly tv storylines so it is kinda like they need to hurry if they want to get to next year's Mania with that match built up. They need to maximize her moneymaking potential. Going up against Nattie isn't that.

Alternatively it could be that the WWE thinks that putting her in matches with Mickie and Nattie would come across as silly if she has to sell for them. This is Ronda Rousey after all. A former fighter who was once considered unstoppable. What can Mickie and Nattie even do to her?

They sort of have to put the belt on her now, I think. I'd also put her more with the people who are best at getting things over -- Becky Lynch, Mickie James, and -- excusing her current route canal of a feud -- Sasha Banks. Mickie is a really strong ring general and could probably hold Ronda's hand through a match that made her look great. Plus they've also already somewhat built to it.