Pro Wrestling Only

Military Industrial Suplex

Loss

Ultimately, this experiment was a failure. The board is gone. Starting now, we return to the sharp line of avoiding politics here. If something like Saudi Arabia comes up where there is topical overlap, we'll handle that on a case-by-case basis. I trust people here to know the difference and stay on the right side.

I always thought it would be good if there were other forums here for members to discuss our other interests...movies, television, music, etc. I figured if I have learned about different aspects of wrestling from the people here over the years, wouldn't it also be interesting to share notes regarding other forms of entertainment?

I also wouldn't mind a forum in which we could get to know each other a bit better personally, talk about jobs, family, stuff like that. I like talking to a lot of the people here about wrestling, so it stood to reason that I'd like them as people. Not to mention there is such a diverse group of members here geographically, people from all parts of the world, I thought it would be interesting to talk to people about their lives in different parts of the world.

But if I think back about the history of this board, maybe that is what caused New Millennium Blues to become Pro Wrestling Only in the first place. I get that this is Pro Wrestling Only and if I want to talk about those things, I need to look elsewhere. It's always kept me from getting to know some of the other members better because we're restricted to this one topic...but realistically I guess this one hobby dominates much of our lives anyhow.

Having said all that, ironically, the only thing I really had no desire to discuss with anybody here was politics, because it's so damn divisive. No matter how reasonable the people, it seems like any time politics gets thrown into the mix it degenerates into hyperbole and insults. I too had noticed how political comments and debates had started to permeate other areas of PWO, and I didn't much enjoy that. I tended to avoid the Military Industrial Suplex because I didn't want to get into those types of arguments with people here, or let arguments from there affect how I looked at people elsewhere.

So I can't say I'm really sad it's gone, either.

I would be ok with a single Getting to Know You thread in Pro Wrestling Mostly if theres a lot of interest.

I'd say it'd be better off if it was an open topic deal where we could discuss anything -- i.e.; we can discuss anything that's not pro-wres (or politics) -- sports, movies, music, etc. as TTK mentioned.

I'd also prefer if that was a private forum just for those registered (not password protected or anything) and those unregistered and/or with unaccepted accounts couldn't access, but that's just me.

I would be ok with a single Getting to Know You thread in Pro Wrestling Mostly if theres a lot of interest.

I'd say it'd be better off if it was an open topic deal where we could discuss anything -- i.e.; we can discuss anything that's not pro-wres (or politics) -- sports, movies, music, etc. as TTK mentioned.

I'd also prefer if that was a private forum just for those registered (not password protected or anything) and those unregistered and/or with unaccepted accounts couldn't access, but that's just me.

That sounds like a cool idea and outline.

I like this too.