Photo

WWE Commentary Thread (Raw, Smackdown, NXT, PPVs, etc.)

Mamma Mia Now Can You Dig That SUCKA!!!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:40 PM

Their nickname of the Big Dog for Reigns is up there with the Bionic Redneck and Booger Red as the worst forced nicknames they've thrown out there.

I can say for sure that it's not worse than The Best Pure Striker in WWE

#42 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:28 AM

Steer into the nickname and have him wear different Big Dog shirts each week, like https://www.bigdogs....ee3697?pid=8423

When I worked at the mall 20ish years ago there was an entire Big Dog store, and in the window there was a wrestling parody shirt. It was a shirt for Bone Cold Steve Pawstin. It had the Big Dog wearing a Stone Cold type leather vest. 

#43 cowboy hats

cowboy hats
  • Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:12 AM

Yeah, there was a lawsuit over that classic (sorry about my links, can’t figure out how to do it better here) - https://law.justia.c...80/413/2501351/

#44 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

Steer into the nickname and have him wear different Big Dog shirts each week, like https://www.bigdogs....ee3697?pid=8423

When I worked at the mall 20ish years ago there was an entire Big Dog store, and in the window there was a wrestling parody shirt. It was a shirt for Bone Cold Steve Pawstin. It had the Big Dog wearing a Stone Cold type leather vest. 

I must obtain this:

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-dog-parody-shirt

#45 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

I liked this quote from Tom in regards to his pbp (from Sam Roberts podcast):

"I get tweets from people saying I don't have much of a personality. I'm like 'Great! I'm not supposed to.' I'm supposed to tell you here's when the show is, here's why this guy's mad at this guy and try to tell you some moves along the way."

He and Corey were always my favorite duo.

Tom and Corey work really well together. Tom actually seems smart enough to be able to keep up with Corey, and occasionally get one over on him.

Cole's call of "It's BOSS TIME" actually makes me like Sasha less, makes me not want to see her wrestle so I can avoid that awful call

They have arguably the best chemistry of any team. My favorite interaction between them was when Tye Dillinger lost to Oney Lorcan and Corey proclaimed him to be "just a 5" and Tom faux-gasped in horror.

#46 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 2097 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:11 PM

Next week there will be a documentary on Showtime about talking about Mauro Ronallo and dealing with his life long dealing with bi-polar disorder.  Looks pretty fascinating and kind of scary to see the mood swings to see what he is dealing with.  While it seems to be dealing more with his younger days in Canada there is footage of him in NXT including his now famous frantic announcing of the ladder match.     It will be interesting if they bring up the issues with JBL and why he was basically fired from Smackdown.  probably not since it is only about 90 minutes

#47 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2850 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

I don't know. I don't think this is something Mauro likes to come back on and he'd rather focus on the impact of this doc can have for people suffering with mental health issues like he does. I think there's gonna be plenty of stuff to cover that they don't need to even mention JBL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users