Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-05-06-PROGRESS-Super Strong Style 16] Pete Dunne vs Doug Williams

dkookypunk43

This was a fantastic way to open up the tournament here as the technical savvy of Doug Williams faces the brute technical style of Pete Dunne. Something just clicked right here and it was awesome. Them just exchanging holds was a treat. Williams hit a Chaos Theory which Dunne grabbed the ropes and then went for it again and Dunne rolled him up. I say go out of your way to see this as I am giving it **** flat.

What a lovely way to kick off the tournament! Starts off w/ some nice back & forth technical work, in which Williams gets the upperhand. Williams continues to borderline dominate Dunne with his technical savvy, but eventually Dunne gets sick of it & starts being less respectful & starts being more like the PETER we all know & love by biting his way out of submission holds & manipulating Williams' fingers. Great technical master veteran vs. young superstar match. An absolutely awesome time from start to finish. ****

I loved this. It was my favorite match from night one. I thought it delivered in very predictable, but well executed ways. They had a nice back and forth that actually made me get a little lost in their story and believe Williams might win. That is just great wrestling. Both guys set the tone for night one that would continue to elevate as they went. ***3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2018-05-06-PROGRESS-Super Strong Style 16] Pete Dunne vs Doug Williams