Photo

I'm hosting a weekly podcast with Jerry Jarrett - help me out!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

I asked Jerry not to use "Tard" as a slur on Twitter. He apologized and did stop. So I have a lot of respect for him on that.

Can you ask him to not drink and tweet?

#42 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:23 AM

That's his business. 

I think he gives Prichard too much time and attention. He has done too many great things to worry about what other people think of him. 

#43 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

That's his business. 

I think he gives Prichard too much time and attention. He has done too many great things to worry about what other people think of him.

Are we sure they're not two old carnies working a feud?

#44 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

I doubt it, Prichard has been bashing Jarrett for years now and what would the pay off be?

#45 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:25 PM

I doubt it, Prichard has been bashing Jarrett for years now and what would the pay off be?

Good point.

#46 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

While I think the Jerry Jarrett-Bruce Prichard "feud" is the stupidest shit ever and makes both guys look dumber by default, I have to admit I've been laughing out loud at Jerry Jarrett's tweets today.

Brucie Pritch-Turd is really a sad individual and I'm going to be more sympathetic toward his mental shortcomings. He has had a sad life all his life. Brucie would get very drunk and start crying and tell Pat and I stories from his childhood. I'll tell you some of the stories.

Brucie-Turd stories: One time when Brucie was about 12 years old he asked his dad if he could go ice skateing on the lake. His dad told him to wait until it warmed up.

Brucie-Turd stories: Brucie gets his stupidness honestly. During the Civil War his great grandfather fought for the West.

Brucie-Turd stories; The stupid gene was passed down in his family from generation to generation. His father worked in a bank and was arrested for stealing pens.

Brucie-Turd stories; When Brucie was born the doctor went out to the waiting room and said to Papa Brucie, "I'm very sorry. We did everything we could, but he pulled through."

:lol:

#47 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

I'm hesitant on the Prichard stuff but Jerry is 75 and rich and having the time of his life on Twitter and who am I to tell one of the greatest promoters of all-time how to promote himself. I can tell you Prichard was not mentioned or even hinted at in the show we did today, it was all behind the scenes stuff from Kaufman's run.

#48 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11230 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:02 PM

Is there a launch date?

#49 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

Tomorrow!

#50 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:39 PM

I can't wait, especially since the first one is about Kaufman!

Rookie questions:

- What is the easiest/best way to listen to a podcast at home other than using your phone?

- How easy is it to set up while driving? I assume my phone can hook up to the car for podcasts because I can take and receive hands-free speaker calls through bluetooth.

As you can tell, I've never dabbled in podcasts before (outside of the video podcasts on WWE Network).

#51 Al

Al

Because a wrestling avatar seemed appropriate

• Members
  • 3001 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:23 AM

Can you listen to your music through Bluetooth in your car? My iphone connects through Bluetooth and listening to podcasts is a breeze. At home, either through your laptop or invest in a small Bluetooth speaker.

#52 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

Here's the link. http://bookingmemphi...om/andy-kaufman

I think it's a solid first episode and people that are fascinated by Kaufman will love the stories of the real him. I think we'll get Jerry a little more excited as we move forward and talk about topics that drew more actual money for him, but this is a fun one.

#53 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:35 AM

Here's an exclusive spoiler for now for PWO. Next week Jerry wants to do the 1993 Memphis vs WWF feud and is especially proud of his role in creating Mr. McMahon. He thinks he has a lot of great stories about how he pulled that whole thing off.

#54 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11230 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

From what we have.

Wait. I'll get back to that.

Ok, I have a question for next week. A stop the presses sort of question. They showed a couple of minutes on TV of a lot of the arena stuff, even in 93. Like the Owen Hart or Bret Hart stuff. Is there any chance at all the full tape of those matches exist somewhere or was it just cut up, taped only in part, or simply taped over? 

So my absolute favorite part of the WWF/Memphis thing, past maybe Fink's promo, is Doink in the studio, especially his TV squash match tag with Christopher where he just absolutely kills a jobber. It's the best Matt Borne Doink performance ever. Just brutal. That's not on youtube, I don't think, but man is it good stuff.

#55 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:30 PM

Can you listen to your music through Bluetooth in your car? My iphone connects through Bluetooth and listening to podcasts is a breeze. At home, either through your laptop or invest in a small Bluetooth speaker.

I was able to Dropbox it to my phone. I'll have to try Bluetooth in the car later.

#56 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 3103 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:05 PM

Enjoyed the preview and the Kaufman show. This could be a very interesting listen going forward. Good work

#57 SomethingSavage

SomethingSavage
  • Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

Enjoyed the first episode a good bit. I understand why you would start with Kaufman, although Jerry was admittedly distanced from a lot of the process there. We still got Jerry speaking to his own booking strategies & philosophies a bit, which was cool.

No mention of Bruce or any silly bullshit, which I appreciated. Can't wait to hear Jerry tackle a topic in which he was more involved & hands-on. Solid start.

#58 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 AM

Thanks! He was more passionate about the second episode and I think you will hear that and again no Bruce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users