Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-05-06-PROGRESS-Super Strong Style 16] David Starr vs Zack Sabre Jr

ShittyLittleBoots

Now we're talking! This was absolutely phenomenal. Some very fun back & forth work on the mat to start things off - eventually Zack starts busting out strikes, and Starr is more than happy to answer back w/ some of his own; my GOODNESS did his lariats look absolutely amazing. Zack starts going after his leg(s) in vicious fashion, kicking the crap out of them & Starr does a very good job selling that. I especially liked his sell after he did the Project Ciampa, he sold the damage Zack had done to him very well. Both guys brought it big time in this one, ZSJ w/ that brutal work over Starr & Starr with that awesome babyface performance, very good selling & amazing LARIATS. ****1/4

Probably the best match of the tournament (this or the final). This was a really nice little back and forth struggle. This was also the first match where I didn't feel like the winner was pretty predictable. It was interesting to build so overtly around the lariat, but I thought that wound up being a good little touch here. This was a match worked with lots of urgency and malice. Very good stuff ****1/4

Only a month after their acclaimed WXW Shotgun match, and Starr and Zack go on to have another great match in Europe for the SSS16 tournament this time around. I really liked Starr struggling with Zack's technical work, so to try to gain his own momentum he used the striking power in his lariats. It was a lost cause though as Zack eventually trapped Starr in a finishing submission for the win, ****1/4.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-05-06-PROGRESS-Super Strong Style 16] David Starr vs Zack Sabre Jr