WWE TV 05/14 - 05/20

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Slasher

Slasher
  • Members
  • 1844 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

CM Punk's promo about how Vince could've been a billionaire didn't age well.

Even if he makes a ton of cash from the new tv deals and their agreement with Saudi Arabia, I think it is still undeniable Vince could be so much more than what he is. If he didn't do the XFL (twice now) or the WWE Studios or the WWF New York restaurant or the bodybuilding federation, he could be a trillionaire now after this.

But the guy is 70+ years old now, so it is no longer something to strive for. After all, nobody takes their fortune to the next life. Being what he is now is more than good enough.

#42 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

But the guy is 70+ years old now, so it is no longer something to strive for. After all, nobody takes their fortune to the next life. Being what he is now is more than good enough.

I wonder if it's true that Vince is one of those rich old guys who thinks he isn't going to die, or I wonder if he actually thinks about what his legacy is going to be.  It has always been fascinating to me that it has never been good enough for him to be the greatest Professional Wrestling promoter of all time - he is almost embarrassed by that and wants to be more.  I wonder if he even cares about how he will be remembered and what he will leave behind, or if he is just concerned with accumulating wealth and leaving an empire for his family.

Or maybe he'll sell the whole thing to Disney or Fox.

#43 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44062 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

I would imagine Vince has a cryogenic plan. He'll return in 300 years. The angle writes itself.

#44 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5738 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

It felt like his opinions on his own mortality changed after the double quad tear. That's about when HHH took a more active role in NXT and you could see them start developing an exit plan for Vince.

#45 Robert S

Robert S
  • Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

I would imagine Vince has a cryogenic plan. He'll return in 300 years. The angle writes itself.

Will he turn up being the power who is behind the group feuding with Steve Austin's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson? "It was me Austin, it was me all along the time."

#46 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

So Dustin Rhodes keeps popping up in pics from the Euro tour and it looks like he's been helping Ronda. Is he an official agent at this point or is he still a player-coach? I always thought he'd be a natural (no pun intended) for a role where he could mentor folks.

#47 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2480 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

He's still an active wrestler, he was in the Andre Battle Royal and the MMC. Works Raw occasionally.

#48 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1855 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:26 AM

Had a random Cena match on Raw in the Mania build that I got SUPER excited for but wound up being not good. Any capacity he is around in will be a positive for the company, though. He definitely seemed to take a shine to Mandy Rose during the MMC stuff and she has a great chance to be a star.

#49 conker8

conker8
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

#50 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:29 AM

God damn it, they ran Bryan/Miz in my patch and I missed it

#51 Slasher

Slasher
  • Members
  • 1844 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

I wonder if them doing DB/Miz at the house show means they are warming up for the inevitable tv feud down the road or if they are about to go ahead and start the feud soon, and dismissing Big Cass from his push vs DB? Like was that beatdown Cass suffered at the hands of DB a signal that the feud is blown off?

#52 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

I just read it as Cass's punishment for the "little Daniel" thing.

#53 Slasher

Slasher
  • Members
  • 1844 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

Yes obviously, but is part of the punishment that he loses his spot across the ring from Daniel Bryan in a high profile program or do they still have plans to continue that feud? Because while everyone would prefer to see DB vs Miz around the house show circuit, you'd think if they still planned to continue the Cass feud that they would give him time at house shows to get up to par vs DB through practice.

#54 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

I actually saw someone tweet the other day that Bryan was being pushed too strong (!) after he tapped out Cass in that segment on Tuesday.  Made me chuckle after all the talk and debate of him losing to Rusev last week

#55 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

Yes obviously, but is part of the punishment that he loses his spot across the ring from Daniel Bryan in a high profile program or do they still have plans to continue that feud? Because while everyone would prefer to see DB vs Miz around the house show circuit, you'd think if they still planned to continue the Cass feud that they would give him time at house shows to get up to par vs DB through practice.

i would think it takes a lot for Vince to completely sour on someone who checks off as many boxes that Cass does. 

#56 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

I wonder if them doing DB/Miz at the house show means they are warming up for the inevitable tv feud down the road or if they are about to go ahead and start the feud soon, and dismissing Big Cass from his push vs DB? Like was that beatdown Cass suffered at the hands of DB a signal that the feud is blown off?

The DB/Miz matches were booked and announced during the week of the draft.

#57 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44062 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

Just to be certain, if they have a series, is everyone ok with Miz winning at least one match during it? I think Bryan should win the feud in the end but Miz going over once is not something that I think is a bad idea.

#58 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

i would think it takes a lot for Vince to completely sour on someone who checks off as many boxes that Cass does.

I wonder how overblown the Vince love rumors are.

I don't remember Test ever getting a major push. Cass is basically Test 2.0, but at least Test had some positives going for him.

#59 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

I wonder how overblown the Vince love rumors are.

I don't remember Test ever getting a major push. Cass is basically Test 2.0, but at least Test had some positives going for him.

He did a wedding angle with Steph and had a major match with Shane, can't get bigger pushes in Vince's mind than that. 

#60 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

He did a wedding angle with Steph and had a major match with Shane, can't get bigger pushes in Vince's mind than that.

Well, I always heard that was a Russo call because they needed someone who looked like Triple H from behind. Even if McMahon made that decision, it's not exactly a major vote of confidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users