Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/14 - 05/20

KawadaSmile

I wonder if them doing DB/Miz at the house show means they are warming up for the inevitable tv feud down the road or if they are about to go ahead and start the feud soon, and dismissing Big Cass from his push vs DB? Like was that beatdown Cass suffered at the hands of DB a signal that the feud is blown off?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes obviously, but is part of the punishment that he loses his spot across the ring from Daniel Bryan in a high profile program or do they still have plans to continue that feud? Because while everyone would prefer to see DB vs Miz around the house show circuit, you'd think if they still planned to continue the Cass feud that they would give him time at house shows to get up to par vs DB through practice.

Yes obviously, but is part of the punishment that he loses his spot across the ring from Daniel Bryan in a high profile program or do they still have plans to continue that feud? Because while everyone would prefer to see DB vs Miz around the house show circuit, you'd think if they still planned to continue the Cass feud that they would give him time at house shows to get up to par vs DB through practice.

i would think it takes a lot for Vince to completely sour on someone who checks off as many boxes that Cass does.

I wonder if them doing DB/Miz at the house show means they are warming up for the inevitable tv feud down the road or if they are about to go ahead and start the feud soon, and dismissing Big Cass from his push vs DB? Like was that beatdown Cass suffered at the hands of DB a signal that the feud is blown off?

The DB/Miz matches were booked and announced during the week of the draft.

i would think it takes a lot for Vince to completely sour on someone who checks off as many boxes that Cass does.

I wonder how overblown the Vince love rumors are.

I don't remember Test ever getting a major push. Cass is basically Test 2.0, but at least Test had some positives going for him.

I don't remember Test ever getting a major push. Cass is basically Test 2.0, but at least Test had some positives going for him.

He did a wedding angle with Steph and had a major match with Shane, can't get bigger pushes in Vince's mind than that.

He did a wedding angle with Steph and had a major match with Shane, can't get bigger pushes in Vince's mind than that.

Well, I always heard that was a Russo call because they needed someone who looked like Triple H from behind. Even if McMahon made that decision, it's not exactly a major vote of confidence.

Just to be certain, if they have a series, is everyone ok with Miz winning at least one match during it? I think Bryan should win the feud in the end but Miz going over once is not something that I think is a bad idea.

If they do have a series I hope they don't do it for 3 or 4 straight PPVs. When Miz wins one he should do whatever he can to never face Bryan again, people would get so pissed at him it would be awesome.

Just to be certain, if they have a series, is everyone ok with Miz winning at least one match during it? I think Bryan should win the feud in the end but Miz going over once is not something that I think is a bad idea.

If they do have a series I hope they don't do it for 3 or 4 straight PPVs. When Miz wins one he should do whatever he can to never face Bryan again, people would get so pissed at him it would be awesome.

Absolutely. I’d most prefer Miz winning MITB and having Bryan beat AJ at Summerslam or something, with Miz cashing in at some point later in the year. Could beat him in a rematch, too. Bryan wins the Rumble and finally beats him at Mania. The top of the card on SD is desperate for a refresh.

He actually delivered pretty big on the Shane match. I think it's kind of shitting on Test to compare Cass to him. Test could bust out some moves and be lead to look good before the injuries seemed to really slow him down around 2001. Cass is so bad that DB couldn't get much out of him.

I think it's kind of shitting on Test to compare Cass to him.

What I actually said:

"Cass is basically Test 2.0, but at least Test had some positives going for him."

You can't deny the similar looks, lack of charisma, etc. But yes, Test was much better than Cass.

Well, I always heard that was a Russo call because they needed someone who looked like Triple H from behind. Even if McMahon made that decision, it's not exactly a major vote of confidence.

Not sure if I'm making it up, but wasn't Test pretty tight with Shane? They seemed to be linked together pretty often and I think I always remember reports that Shane would go to bat for him. Personally never minded Test, not much charisma - although he did play a great heel douchebag when he was with Stacy - if you go back and watch his run from the autumn to the end of 2001 as a sort of enforcer for the Alliance then there's some really good stuff. He even has a fairly decent match with Kane on PPV during that period.

WTF are they doing with Braun? Random team with Lashley, entering MITB, random team with Finn... It seems they really have no idea what they're doing there.

i'd have him win at MITB and have him want to cash in the same night, not caring if Brock isn't there. That could be interesting.

That's my guess, because they've completed taken the pedal off him, and now everybody is on Seth's jock.

So, Steph is gonna screw Rousey and Jax is gonna be the "Corporate Champ", right?

When is RAW's TV negotiation rights deal period? And when does it end?

I think all of that plays into this booking. On the one hand, you can see Ronda winning the title and being like Austin post-wm14 with Steph. On the other hand, I can see WWE being WWE and how Steph does not historically look like the loser in the same 3-1 ratio that Vince did. Even her being retconned into a puppet master or something makes me suspicious about how this will play out long-term.

My hunch, without more info, is that you're right and they'll try to position Rousey like Austin was for WM15.