Pro Wrestling Only

[2010-10-10-TNA-Bound For Glory] Motor City Machine Guns vs Generation Me (Max & Jeremy Buck)

Superstar Sleeze

TNA World Tag Team Champions Motor City Machine Guns vs Generation Me - Bound for Glory 2010

I don't have too much to add to my previous review from their September match. The Bucks turning heel created a better transition into the heat segment when they hit a Super DDT off the top rope. That was a very good turning point and played off their attack. It also helped with the babyface shine as Shelley was using more stinging chops and the Guns were really dominating the Bucks with high octane strikes. Ultimately the match devolved into a spotfest. I liked the previous match better because there was more traditional wrestling and only two minutes of spotfest wrestling. Here it was seven minutes of spotfest. Some really good ones that I enjoyed but it lacked the stickiness of good, solid wrestling. I am always a big fan of 450 splashes and we got beautiful ones from the Bucks. Sabin hit a ridiculous Release German from the top rope that eliminated one of the Bucks and the other Buck ate the finish. Strong opener exactly what you want on your biggest PPV to get the crowd rocking. ****

• 3 weeks later...

Rematch from the prior month. The Bucks are now clearly heels, and it's nice to see a crowd actually boo their heel act.

This one has a somewhat more traditional tag structure. I like Sabin breaking up a pin and sprinting out with his hands up, playing on the trope of the ref always being distracted by putting out that member of the face team. This one has a longer and really fun finishing sequence (probably too long from a "logical refereeing" perspective, but oh well). The step up super German suplex in the middle of More Bang for Your Buck from Sabin on Matt is insane. Fun match, about on par with the last one (I'd have both slightly under 4*).

• GSR changed the title to [2010-10-10-TNA-Bound For Glory] Motor City Machine Guns vs Generation Me (Max & Jeremy Buck)