Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RVD/Jericho match sucked. That was bad. Keep those "gems" away from me.

I remember when they had a match at a PPV - maybe KOTR? - and Jericho flipped after Wade Keller criticized it.

I don't recall what I thought of the match, but I'm guessing it probably wasn't anything special in my mind since the Keller anecdote is my only lasting memory of it.

I remember when they had a match at a PPV - maybe KOTR? - and Jericho flipped after Wade Keller criticized it.

I don't recall what I thought of the match, but I'm guessing it probably wasn't anything special in my mind since the Keller anecdote is my only lasting memory of it.

It was a solid match. That whole thing was interesting. Jericho felt like it was a ****1/2 MOTYC that tore the house down. It was probably more like a *** match.

I want the gems of all kinds, good and bad though. Matches can suck and still provide a good look at where notable wrestlers were at a certain point in their careers, even if the results aren't so great.

It was a solid match. That whole thing was interesting. Jericho felt like it was a ****1/2 MOTYC that tore the house down. It was probably more like a *** match.

I want the gems of all kinds, good and bad though. Matches can suck and still provide a good look at where notable wrestlers were at a certain point in their careers, even if the results aren't so great.

I want gems of all kinds as well, hopefully more good than bad. But it was a bad match, it was an off night for both. I thought their KOTR 02 match was their best together, I would say it was match of the night.

Jericho was so angered at the reaction online to that match that he took down his website:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021010031640/www.chrisjericho.com/commentary.htm

Jericho was so angered at the reaction online to that match that he took down his website:

I watched the KOTR match again, Jericho should be furious. It was a very good match, crowd was really hot for it. Their Unforgiven 01 match is damn good too.

Excerpt from Jericho's book A Lion's Tale on his ECW match with RVD.

My victory over the Jericho Curse in ECW was short-lived when the bastard used Mapquest and found me during my second ECW match in Queens, New York. It was hard to believe that the New York City fans could be more brutal than the Pennsylvania brethren, but they were.

Paul booked me against RVD and wanted to use the match as our official TV debut. Rob and I had similar styles, similar size, and similar worldwide experience. He'd spent some time overseas and made a name for himself in Japan just as I had. But the match sucked worse than a toothless vampire. We were a step off on everything and there was no sign of the chemistry we'd had the night before. The fans turned on us, chanting "This match sucks," "Please go home," "End this match." Even the dreaded "You fucked up" chant reared its ugly head when I screwed up a simple arm drag.

At the time neither of us realized how bad the match actually was. Paul claimed he couldn't air it on TV because the tape in the camera was defective. It only took me five years to figure out that the tape was fine. It was the match that was defective.

I watched the KOTR match again, Jericho should be furious. It was a very good match, crowd was really hot for it. Their Unforgiven 01 match is damn good too.

Excerpt from Jericho's book A Lion's Tale on his ECW match with RVD.

My victory over the Jericho Curse in ECW was short-lived when the bastard used Mapquest and found me during my second ECW match in Queens, New York. It was hard to believe that the New York City fans could be more brutal than the Pennsylvania brethren, but they were.

Paul booked me against RVD and wanted to use the match as our official TV debut. Rob and I had similar styles, similar size, and similar worldwide experience. He'd spent some time overseas and made a name for himself in Japan just as I had. But the match sucked worse than a toothless vampire. We were a step off on everything and there was no sign of the chemistry we'd had the night before. The fans turned on us, chanting "This match sucks," "Please go home," "End this match." Even the dreaded "You fucked up" chant reared its ugly head when I screwed up a simple arm drag.

At the time neither of us realized how bad the match actually was. Paul claimed he couldn't air it on TV because the tape in the camera was defective. It only took me five years to figure out that the tape was fine. It was the match that was defective.

I really enjoyed the kotr match and it was very good.

Eh, I thought their match was sloppy, rough around the edges and not the sort of thing you'd want to debut them on TV with, but it was nowhere near as bad as people have made it out to be. Honestly, the worst thing about it was the horrifically obnoxious crowd that were literally just waiting for anything slightly imperfect they could shit all over. I mean, when you've got a guy yelling "Boring!" immediately after the opening lock-up, you might as well just burn the fucking building down.

The O'Connor/Brisco training session from the CWF episode is phenomenal. Just such cool kayfabe stuff that makes everything better (especially as it foreshadowed the finish of the non-title match). The Steinborn vs Dory match is something we had before but it's really spry and fun. The matwork in Brisco vs Matsuda is off the charts great. And the picture journey from the year before felt really special too. Good stuff.

Eh, I thought their match was sloppy, rough around the edges and not the sort of thing you'd want to debut them on TV with, but it was nowhere near as bad as people have made it out to be. Honestly, the worst thing about it was the horrifically obnoxious crowd that were literally just waiting for anything slightly imperfect they could shit all over. I mean, when you've got a guy yelling "Boring!" immediately after the opening lock-up, you might as well just burn the fucking building down.

Absolutely, I watched it yesterday and after Jericho's description of it in his book I was expecting a trainwreck but it was far from it. Hell there are spots in that famous ECW TV title 4 way that Jericho blew worse than in this RVD match. It wasn't a classic by any means but there were some cool spots executed well there, I agree the crowd really were just being dicks and overly critical which with all the praise the ECW fans get romanticized with today this is a prime example of how prickish of a crowd they were at times.

Absolutely, I watched it yesterday and after Jericho's description of it in his book I was expecting a trainwreck but it was far from it. Hell there are spots in that famous ECW TV title 4 way that Jericho blew worse than in this RVD match. It wasn't a classic by any means but there were some cool spots executed well there, I agree the crowd really were just being dicks and overly critical which with all the praise the ECW fans get romanticized with today this is a prime example of how prickish of a crowd they were at times.

Pretty much my sentiments. The crowd was so harsh on it, that it made the match seem much worse than it was. Decent match and enjoyable to see both guys at that stage or their careers.

I also watched the Eddie and Liger match from WCW Main Event. The crowd doesn't crap on it, they just don't respond to anything. The crowd noise that is audible appears to be canned. Fun match overall.

Sometimes I don't realize how much a crowd can take me out of a match.

Nice to see a pre Yoko match from tv tapings and cool that Simmons/Vader in full exists with commentary. Was it supposed to air in full?

Probably unlikely the Steiners/Anderson & Eaton Cage Match was filmed.

That Steiners one would definitely be awesome to see. I'm a sucker for anything in Chicago. I missed that one and still regret it.

I think last week they were revealed on Monday, but today being a holiday probably threw that off.

The random dumpings in the past have always been revealed beforehand so fingers crossed we get a new list tomorrow or Wednesday.

I don't know if they'll be dropping 20 a week though. That seems fairly extravagant.