WWE Hidden Gems

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:28 PM

Nice to see a pre Yoko match from tv tapings and cool that Simmons/Vader in full exists with commentary. Was it supposed to air in full?

Probably unlikely the Steiners/Anderson & Eaton Cage Match was filmed.

#42 victory

victory
  • Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

Eh, I thought their match was sloppy, rough around the edges and not the sort of thing you'd want to debut them on TV with, but it was nowhere near as bad as people have made it out to be. Honestly, the worst thing about it was the horrifically obnoxious crowd that were literally just waiting for anything slightly imperfect they could shit all over. I mean, when you've got a guy yelling "Boring!" immediately after the opening lock-up, you might as well just burn the fucking building down. 

Absolutely, I watched it yesterday and after Jericho's description of it in his book I was expecting a trainwreck but it was far from it. Hell there are spots in that famous ECW TV title 4 way that Jericho blew worse than in this RVD match. It wasn't a classic by any means but there were some cool spots executed well there, I agree the crowd really were just being dicks and overly critical which with all the praise the ECW fans get romanticized with today this is a prime example of how prickish of a crowd they were at times.

Pretty much my sentiments. The crowd was so harsh on it, that it made the match seem much worse than it was. Decent match and enjoyable to see both guys at that stage or their careers.

I also watched the Eddie and Liger match from WCW Main Event. The crowd doesn't crap on it, they just don't respond to anything. The crowd noise that is audible appears to be canned. Fun match overall.

Sometimes I don't realize how much a crowd can take me out of a match.

#43 victory

victory
  • Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

Nice to see a pre Yoko match from tv tapings and cool that Simmons/Vader in full exists with commentary. Was it supposed to air in full?

Probably unlikely the Steiners/Anderson & Eaton Cage Match was filmed.

That Steiners one would definitely be awesome to see. I'm a sucker for anything in Chicago. I missed that one and still regret it.

#44 topropepodcast

topropepodcast
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:22 PM

I'm just really, really hoping that the full Christmas Night Liger/Pillman match is in the vault somewhere. The JIP version is so swank. I want the rest.

#45 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11246 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

We're a couple of days away from having some sense on just what this is going to look like on a week-to-week basis. I don't know how the network works. Will we have some sense tomorrow or Weds or nothing til Thursday?

#46 Beast

Beast
  • Members
  • 1354 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:49 PM

I think last week they were revealed on Monday, but today being a holiday probably threw that off.

The random dumpings in the past have always been revealed beforehand so fingers crossed we get a new list tomorrow or Wednesday. 

I don't know if they'll be dropping 20 a week though. That seems fairly extravagant.

#47 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:14 PM

If it is a weekly drop, it's pretty much the NWA On Demand Houston service, just for pretty much everything.

#48 BrianB

BrianB
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Not breaking any new ground here but I can confirm Piper vs. Valentine is great. If there are a good number of really good to great Piper matches out there, he might climb considerably the next GWE.

#49 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2535 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

Is there a way to see a list of only the new ones on WWE Network instead of having to scroll through all of them and look for the yellow "Recently Added" banner?

#50 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 3108 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

The first post in this thread

#51 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2535 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

Not what I was asking though...

Is there a way to see the new additions listed together on the WWE Network service itself?

#52 Matt D

Matt D

• Members
  • 11246 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

No

#53 cowboy hats

cowboy hats
  • Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:07 AM

Not ideal, but if you visit the day of uploads entry on reddits bot, youll at least see the year and title of the new stuff - https://reddit.app.link/iorsiln8kN

Ugh, try this link - https://www.reddit.c...dates_05242018/

#54 shawmic

shawmic
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

A little exclusive Twitter bonus for you all - the first confirmed #HiddenGem for tomorrow:

Georgia Championship Wrestling 04/07/1984 -  Ric Flair vs Jack Brisco (NWA World Heavyweight Championship)

Appears to be from Baltimore with Jack getting a title shot after winning a tournament in GCW.

#55 NickH

NickH
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Brisco/Flair, that's awesome. hope it's a long match. This might be Jack's last NWA Title shot.

#56 khawk20

khawk20
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 2424 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

This being a weekly drop is awesome.

#57 NickH

NickH
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

It will be interesting to see how much we get this week. If it's one match, that will really hurt the concept for a lot of people. Guess we will soon find out.

#58 Matt D

Matt D

• Members
  • 11246 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

It will be interesting to see how much we get this week. If it's one match, that will really hurt the concept for a lot of people. Guess we will soon find out.

Yes, but if it's just one match, at least it's that match?

#59 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1366 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:59 AM

The language clearly indicates more than one match. But even if it's two or three, it's interesting weekly content.

#60 NickH

NickH
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:21 AM

Yes, but if it's just one match, at least it's that match?

I'll take Brisco/Flair any day of the week. I've read it goes about 30min and even though Jack is past his prime it still should be a very good match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users