Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/28 - 06/03 Brazilian Meltdown edition

KawadaSmile

I'm not a Rollins guy but I can't deny that it was exciting listening to the crowd reaction he was getting. It was cool seeing little kids (and grown dudes) jumping up and down with their hands on their heads during kickouts.

And Viktor has been quietly having a really great year in Ascension matches. The guy busts ass, runs hard into clotheslines, shows personality and frustration, works fast and really throws himself into offense and bumps.

I enjoyed Raw. It's not as good as it was before the shake up and Smackdown may be the slightly better show but Raw hasn't really been a bad show. There's an awfully put together program (Zayne/Lashly) but they've generally got things ticking along nice. Babyface Bray is already a 100X improvement and him and Hardy are a perfectly likeable team. Bo and Axel are getting over for the first time in their careers, the BBQ started horribly but turned into a fun segment. And holy shit Nia Jax was hilarious this week. From 'Be a star' to monster bully in the space of weeks. Nia did such a great job of punking her out there it felt like Ronda shoulda got some heat back by the end.

Drew, Dolph and Jinder have gone through the mill over the years but they feel relatively fresh. Rollins is obviously on a tear right now and in that sweet spot where he's getting pushed strong, delivering quality matches while all the crowd are with him. Feuding with an up an coming heel like Elias is a perfect way to go with him.

They should have struck earlier with Braun but I don't think the crowd are ready to leave him yet. I really hope he gets the suitcase. The absence of Roman this week helped the immensely. It's got to the point where him and any interaction he has brings down everything around him. You can only react to his stuff with bafflement.

The gauntlet was a nice way to top off the show. Ruby is a good prospect although her partners don't appear to be particularly interesting yet. Mickie James is one of the best promos in the company. hope she keeps in a prominent role.

I may be being helplessly optimistic, but the commentary, while not being all that great - at least sounds like they're relaxed and having fun out there. It helps you to overlook the assault of buzzwords.

They dress her like that because they want her to come across as a woman of the people and an excited fan instead of an outsider who thinks she's above it all. Not saying there aren't other ways to present that idea visually, but just saying that's the mindset there.

As someone with no experience or interest in Ronda pre-Wwe, I think her look is great. The leather jacket look works and she totally carries it with her smile. Not a bland Appollo Crews type smile but a smile that you can read a hundred different ways. Her promos are bad, you'd expect her to be more hidden/protected in that regard. Hopefully she'll improve.

A woman of the people should wear jeans and sneakers once in a while :). I'm okay with the jacket and Rowdy tee because of the Piper tie-in, but black leggings and those weird not-so-biker biker boots she wears can use a break at least every other week.

Granted, none of this really matters. It is just a nitpicky thing. Kind of like Natalya always in full gear with kitty ears no matter if she's wrestling or backstage watching the monitor.

A woman of the people should wear jeans and sneakers once in a while :). I'm okay with the jacket and Rowdy tee because of the Piper tie-in, but black leggings and those weird not-so-biker biker boots she wears can use a break at least every other week.

Granted, none of this really matters. It is just a nitpicky thing. Kind of like Natalya always in full gear with kitty ears no matter if she's wrestling or backstage watching the monitor.

I'm kind of convinced Natalya has entered that weird phase where owners start to take on physical traits and literally look like their pets.

I'm just glad they don't make her walk around in the booty shorts she wore for her WM match, since Vince has an "everyone must always walk around in their gear no matter how ridiculous it looks" fetish.

I agree with this. I think it is great that she has different gear she wears in ring than what she walks around backstage and does interviews in. I wish more guys were allowed to do this.