Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling moves/holds I'd like to see mount a comeback

Loss

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what it's called but Lou Thesz would do this move where he would drive his elbow into his opponents face by hitting his hand. Usually did it as a heel spot after releasing a headlock. Always looked nasty.

Has anyone else besides Tully Blanchard ever used the slingshot suplex?

-The Ivan Koloff kneedrop from the top rope.

-The Russian friggin' Sickle

-Big Bossman Slam

-The short arm clothesline like Jake Roberts would use before the DDT.

-Gourdbuster

-Heels raking an opponent's eyes on the top rope.

-Any move by a 400+lb wrestler that involved being splashed, stepped on, sat on or avalanched in the corner.

Somehow no one uses the slingshot suplex, or the jackhammer as a finisher, but if Big E ever gets a singles push he should use a slingshot jackhammer as a finisher.

Gunner Miller uses a great jackhammer as a finisher. His recent match against Dominic Garrini (available on powerbomb.tv) had a great finish around a jackhammer.

I know it can look cartoony at times, but it'd be nice to see someone pull off an airplane spin. It seems like it's been replaced by the giant swing (which, to be fair, does make more of an impact). Also, I dont know the name of it, but Randy Savage used to have a spot where he'd grab a wrestler and jump out of the ring, dropping his opponent's neck on the top rope. I always thought that was a cool move that someone else should use (and if the wrestler uses a top rope move as a finisher, a good transition to the finisher). And finally, i'd like to see one of the larger wrestlers just do a simple big splash, the last guy I know who did that was Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V.

I know it can look cartoony at times, but it'd be nice to see someone pull off an airplane spin. It seems like it's been replaced by the giant swing (which, to be fair, does make more of an impact). Also, I dont know the name of it, but Randy Savage used to have a spot where he'd grab a wrestler and jump out of the ring, dropping his opponent's neck on the top rope. I always thought that was a cool move that someone else should use (and if the wrestler uses a top rope move as a finisher, a good transition to the finisher). And finally, i'd like to see one of the larger wrestlers just do a simple big splash, the last guy I know who did that was Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V.

I always really enjoyed that spot too. I'm not sure if he still does it, but it used to be a fairly regular move that Austin Aries would do. He's about the only guy I've seen do it in recent years though.

Would love to see the Russian Legsweep make a comeback as a finisher. If its done right it looks devastating.

Really, I always hated that move. Who does a good one? I always remember it looking like the person giving the move hitting the ground first and breaking the fall of the person taking it. It's on the list with all of the complete shot/downward spiral/reverse STO moves that don't look that devastating to me.

The Full Nelson Slam is a move I think we should see way more. It is one of those moves that always looks impressive.

Konan sucked, but the Tequila Sunrise was a dope looking submission that someone should bring back.

Somehow no one uses the slingshot suplex, or the jackhammer as a finisher, but if Big E ever gets a singles push he should use a slingshot jackhammer as a finisher.

Zeus in All Japan uses the Jackhammer as his finisher.

Giant Baba used the Uki Waza, a Judo throw that looks exactly like a Russian Leg Sweep, and to me his version always looked awesome.

I think there was a Canadian wrestler in the 80s and 90s who also had the excellence of execution to make it look good.

I also think that when Koji Kanemoto uses the Reverse STO to transition into the Koji Clutch it can look pretty swank. CM Punk apparently thinks so too, since he openly ripped that transition off.

Absolutely agree that both of those moves look bad and dumb when executed poorly, though.

Would love to see the Russian Legsweep make a comeback as a finisher. If its done right it looks devastating.

Really, I always hated that move. Who does a good one? I always remember it looking like the person giving the move hitting the ground first and breaking the fall of the person taking it. It's on the list with all of the complete shot/downward spiral/reverse STO moves that don't look that devastating to me.

Brad Armstrong, Bret Hart, Ron Starr apparently.

Brad Armstrong could hit his from anywhere.