Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling moves/holds I'd like to see mount a comeback

Loss

Really, I always hated that move. Who does a good one? I always remember it looking like the person giving the move hitting the ground first and breaking the fall of the person taking it. It's on the list with all of the complete shot/downward spiral/reverse STO moves that don't look that devastating to me.

I wouldn't know if this is how he always does it, but Negro Casas hit a really sweet looking one on Soberano in a singles match from April. Casas kind of fell slowly backwards, almost like he was rolling back rather than falling, whilst at the same time actively pulling Soberano down by tugging the back of his mask. 100% looked like Soberano was hitting the mat hard and Casas wasn't.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the Russian Legsweep, one of my biggest wrestling bubble burst moments was finding out it's actually extremely cool and also dangerous and banned in Judo:

Giant Baba used the Uki Waza, a Judo throw that looks exactly like a Russian Leg Sweep

Well, I don't remember Baba's Legsweep looking anything like Uki Waza, could just be a neologism or the meaning of the name shifting like it did in Uranage with Hase.

The brainbuster and I dont know the name of the move but I know Koloff and Murdoch used it where they had their opponent in the corner, climbed up and put their knee on the guy's neck and drove it into the mat.

Calf Brander/Calf Branding

A simple pointed elbow drop, not a diving elbow drop or multiple jumping elbow drops to a downed opponent but the wrestler lining up an elbow drop to the throat of the downed opponent sort of like how dibiase or earthquake used to do.

Abdullah's pointed elbow drop was a thing of great beauty.