RAW stays with NBCU for 1.35 billion/5 years

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2846 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

Then they'll be dangerously close to flooding the market, and interest in anything else will dwindle.

#22 Norwegian Rudo

Norwegian Rudo
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:58 AM

Then they'll be dangerously close to flooding the market, and interest in anything else will dwindle.

I agree that they can't do another show that's the same as, or aimed at the same fans as Raw & Smackdown. I don't agree that they can't do different types of shows.

For instance I would try to get NXT (you'd probably want to change the name to get away from the developmental stigma) on a sports station and play up the athletic and competition aspects while severely downplaying the soap opera aspects.

You could also do a women's wrestling show aimed specifically at women fans, or a show aimed at young kids.

#23 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

Speaking of kid-oriented wrestling, whatever happened to Saturday Morning Slam?

#24 JRH

JRH
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

The "wrestling is family-friendly" line is weird coming from FOX, a network that never really had "family-friendly" programming.

#25 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2846 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

They had (still do for all I know) Saturday morning programming, and a few sitcoms that would have otherwise fit on ABC in the 90's (Sinbad's comes to mind). They also had Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers in either the mornings or afternoon from what I remember.

In my house The Simpsons was easily accepted although I've heard stories where that was not the case. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users