Pro Wrestling Only

Are you fan of wrestling history

yesdanielbryan

Do you study wrestling history?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are you fan of wrestling history?

Did you ever read history's books? If yes, what books?

Why should I tell you? You start all these threads/polls, but not once have you ever given an opinion or view point yourself. If you don't feel the need to post your answers or views why should anyone else?

I certainly enjoy discovering anything related to territory wrestling history like in the 80s for instance, now that I'm old enough to appreciate what they were doing back then, as I was just a kid starting to watch wrestling.

I try to broaden my horizons with stuff from 50s and 60s and such with whatever I can find and read.

Idiots Guide to Pro Wrestling was my first real exposure to wrestling history. I know that book had it's problems but it was fascinating to me at the time.

I also love games like Legends of Wrestling and the wrestlers it's given me exposure to like William Muldoon.

As the title said, did you ever study wrestling history?

If the answer is positive, what do you like to study? Pionier era (Gotch, Burns, Jenkins, Hackenshmidt, Lewis, Stecher......), Jim Londos era, Lou Thesz era, Territorial era?

Thank you

Before you start any more polls, please offer your own take on some of this stuff. It sometimes feels like you're data mining us. :)

If the answer is positive, what do you like to study? Pionier era (Gotch, Burns, Jenkins, Hackenshmidt, Lewis, Stecher......), Jim Londos era, Lou Thesz era, Territorial era?

Thank you

Before you start any more polls, please offer your own take on some of this stuff. It sometimes feels like you're data mining us. :)

In reality, now I'm forming my knowledge and my critical ability.

I'd like to give my opinion, when I will have the full knowledge.

I consider all of you as superior to me, now.

Thank you

So you are forming an opinion on whether you are a fan of wrestling history or not? Yeah, that makes sense.

I think we've been here before don't you?

Thank you

So you are forming an opinion on whether you are a fan of wrestling history or not? Yeah, that makes sense.

I think we've been here before don't you?

Yes, I'm a fan of history. I'm reading Heroes and Icons of Greg Oliver, and I'm studying the career of numerous historical wrestlers, like Jim Londos, George Hackenschmidt, Frank Gotch.

I like so much, to know new things.

I enjoy the Pioneer Era, especially Frank Gotch. Besides being an Iowan, it was reading about his travels in the Yukon as "Frank Kennedy" that led me to read even more about him and that era. And then the 1980s-2005ish because that's the peak era of my fanhood.

Not a crime to ask questions for sure. I'm not sure polling is the best way to go about it just because I think, as most of our posts will show, the truth is a bit more nuanced than just choosing one from a list. That said, if polls are helping yesdanielbryan figure things out, please keep posting them. And if you don't want to participate, don't. :)

Not a crime to ask questions for sure. I'm not sure polling is the best way to go about it just because I think, as most of our posts will show, the truth is a bit more nuanced than just choosing one from a list. That said, if polls are helping yesdanielbryan figure things out, please keep posting them. And if you don't want to participate, don't. :)

It's obvious that a result of a poll doesn't indicate the truth, but it helps me to know how users think.