Pro Wrestling Only

WWF on Tour June 1986

LowBlowPodcast

wcd0.jpg

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge

Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan
Matches from: Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Featuring: The Russians, Dino Bravo, Tonga Kid, Don Muraco, & Bull Ganter

-Round two matches of the Television Tournament are released… Bull Ganter vs One Man Gang, Sting vs Greg Valentine, Tully Blanchard receives a Bye, and Curt Hennig vs Don Muraco!

WWF Live 5/31
Cincinnati, OH – Riverfront Coliseum

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Billy Jack Haynes

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage vs Barry Windham went to a 30-minute draw

Wahoo & Tito defeated Arn & Tully

Jim Neidhart & The Bulldogs defeated Nikolai & Demolition via DQ

superstarslogo.png

WWF Presents: Superstars of Wrestling
Hosted By: Vince McMahon & Jesse ‘ The Body’ Ventura
Matches from: Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Featuring: Bull Ganter, Sting, Barry Windham, Greg Valentine, & The Rockers
-Round two matches of the Television Tournament are released… Bull Ganter vs One Man Gang, Sting vs Greg Valentine, Tully Blanchard receives a Bye, and Curt Hennig vs Don Muraco!

WWF Live 6/1

Cleveland, OH – Convention Center

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Billy Jack Haynes

Randy Savage vs Barry Windham went to a 30-minute draw

Wahoo & Tito defeated Arn & Tully

Jim Neidhart & The Bulldogs defeated Nikolai & Demolition via DQ

wwf-prime-time-wrestling.jpg

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling 6/2

Hosted by Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from: Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Arena

Prime Time opens with a still from last week in which we see Ric Flair holding the title belt up against the face of Hulk Hogan… we then see the round two matches of the Television Tournament are released… Bull Ganter vs One Man Gang, Sting vs Greg Valentine, Tully Blanchard receives a Bye, and Curt Hennig vs Don Muraco! Matches will be held next week on television programming. We cut to Jesse and Gorilla and here come the Horsemen…

wwe-news-wwf-four-horseman-nwa-crockett-

-The Horsemen come out and Jesse is putting them through the roof while Gorilla says it is despicable what took place and he can’t believe that these guys would call themselves champions or even men after what they did to Hulk Hogan. Everyone gets in their shots and puts over how two weeks in a row they left Randy Savage laying and they left Hulk Hogan laying… who is going to be next?

wahoo-mcdaniel-death.jpg

santana.jpg

-Then we see Wahoo and Tito come out to a huge pop! The crowd is going wild for these guys as they step up to the Horsemen and challenge them to a match tonight… Tully and Windham agree and it is going to be a big main event this evening as we’ll have more action when we come back.

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the main event. They also put over the TV title tournament and how we’ll see match this weekend on Challenge, Superstars, and next week right here on PT. They put over how a guy like Don Muraco may not have gone on in the tournament but he will be a major player when it is all said and done and will be a consistent contender for the gold… he is in action now...

SD Jones vs Don Muraco w/ Fuji

-Great showcase for Muraco who is making his way back up the ladder here in the WWF. Gorilla and Jesse also put over Sika and his issue with Andre the Giant. We’re told there will be an announcement about the two of them in the coming weeks. We see Muraco finish Jones off with that modified Tombstone and it is all said and done.

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and Gorilla and Jesse put over the younger talent in the WWF… namely Sting and Tonga Kid. They talk about their energy and abilities in the ring. They put over Sting’s contest with Greg Valentine this weekend on Challenge in the TV title tournament. He is in tag team action tonight as we cut to the ring...

Sting & The Tonga Kid vs The Dark Patriots

-Fun tag team match with Kid and Sting really lighting things on fire around the WWF. They handle the Dark Patriots with ease and it is Sting who hits the big Stinger Splash for the victory.

We then cut back to the booth and here comes Jimmy Hart with Valentine, Hercules, and Paul Roma. Hart starts by saying he has done a little moving around because of what happened in the TV tournament and the Honky Tonk Man is going back to Graceland. Jimmy Hart then says that Roma may torn every ligament in his knee and he could be out for a while… but that means he is going to cash in the insurance policy he took out because he knew that Slick was not able to be trusted… he does have someone new to add to the Foundation and with no further wait… here he is… 6’10 and 350 pounds of BIG. JOHN. STUDD!

6f40a51e6c3dd3473e08cfaccbfc27ae--wrestl

Hart and Studd really push the envelope here and talk about how Studd should be next in line for a WWF title shot and he will take on anyone to get the gold! He says he is the strongest man in the WWF and that no one can out work him in the weight room or the wrestling ring! Studd flexes to the camera and works the crowd as Hart has really put a talented group together with these guys...

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the big Showdown at Shea. They talk about how it is a big double header with Baseball in the Afternoon and Wrestling at Night. They talk about how the first matches will be officially announced this weekend on Challenge and Superstars. We then cut to the ring for the return of the Hart Foundation!

The Hart Foundation vs Wayne Bloom & Steve Lombardi

-Pretty simple and solid tag team match here with the Harts. They put it together to handle Bloom and Lombardi. The Hart Attack is the finish but this is nowhere near done...

We cut to the booth where the Harts are putting over coming back after the attack from the Russians. That brings them out with Slick and they put over how they are the rightful contenders. The Harts say they accept the challenge and would love to face them… how about right here NEXT WEEK! The Russians accept and it looks like we’ve got a tag title match on Prime Time next week!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and they are putting over the big main event. We have limited television time remaining but out come the Horsemen. Arn is at the booth with Flair who jumps on commentary. Here comes Wahoo and Tito to a huge pop!

MAIN EVENT

Tito Santana & Wahoo McDaniel vs Barry Windham & Tully Blanchard w/ Bobby Heenan

-We have only got about 14-minutes of tv time remaining and for that time the crowd is going wild for this one. Tito and Wahoo are really becoming a great tag team and work all over the ring while Windham and Blanchard are very well suited for one another. We see the Horsemen isolate Tito and then the big Wahoo hot tag as he comes in like a house of fire and the Horsemen are reeling. Just then we see Arn come up to the apron but Wahoo comes and DESTROYS him with an overhead chop but this leads to Windham attacking. The crowd then explodes when out of the back runs Randy Savage! He runs into the ring in his jeans and he’s all over Barry Windham! He is hammering away as the bell rings and this one has gone crazy. Flair leaves the booth but won’t get in the ring. Time has run out… Challenge and Superstars will have tv title matches and the first matches for Showdown @ Shea II!

Some fun house show matches as Wahoo and Tito get some strong wins over Tully and Arn. Man I bet Flair made Billy Jack look like a million bucks. Fun seeing Sting and Tonga teaming up again. Looking forward to the 2nd round of the TV Title tournament as well as the matches announced for Shea Stadium. Crazy end to the main event which sets up some pretty incredible 6 man tag matches. The biggest news on the show has got to be Big John Stud joining up with Jimmy Hart. Stud will make a huge impact in the WWF.

Great set of TV and house shows here. Very intrigued with Big John Studd paired with Jimmy Hart. He sure now has a heavy hitter to rely on at any time.

Looking at the brackets of the TV title tourney, and I hope to see Tully vs Hennig in the semis!

"I bet Flair made Billy Jack look like a million bucks" is almost word for word exactly what I was thinking. That's got to be a huge part of the value of Flair: He can make your babyfaces really shine, even in defeat.

I'm happy to see Ganter and Gang are going to face off. I imagine they still have heat left over from WrestleMania 2.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Harts defend their belts on TV!

I really like Tonga Kid and Sting as a young babyface tag team.

Savage and Windham make such great rivals.

I'm looking forward to Showdown at Shea.

I was thinking that having Jesse as the guy to interview the Horsemen has to be such a different atmosphere than in Crockett. Opening the show with a Horsemen interview should work most of the time too. :) Sting and Tonga Kid are a really good young babyface pairing we should see a lot more of. Studd in the WWF should have a lot of good opportunities, especially with Hart as his manager. Harts and Russians next week should bring the house down. Great, great main. Tito is a perfect Horsemen oponent and Wahoo was always a good one. Throw in Savage intervening and you've got a hot crowd for sure.

I appreciate all the feedback guys.

It is funny, I went back and listened to Bruce's podcast about what they wanted Raw to be and this is really how I envision this taking place. Those very early 1993 Raws when they were up close and personal with the wrestlers and anything could happen. I don't plan on it going two hours and getting like it is today by any means but I do think that this is a fun way to present "this" product of the WWF with wrestling as a key component on top of all the different personalities that are involved.

I will say that I have been lacking on Superstars and Challenge but have been trying to put together some small angles and hot matches to get them some shine as well. All American is kind of a D show at this point but when I need it it will be there.

I do think that Studd is back where he belongs and I love the Horseman here as they are so good at bringing in the heat. I wonder how the real WWF fans would have reacted to a long term heel champ but I wish we would have found that out. Vince never trusted his heels but that might be because he never had Flair. Valentine might have been able to handle it.

Valentine had the IC belt for a long while in the mid-80s.

I don't know if Superstars and Challenge really need to be anything special. Maybe just more to give guys who need wins after a tough loss on SNME or Prime Time some spotlight and get them back on track.

wcd0.jpg

Matches: Demolition, Don Muraco, & The Rockers

Featuring: Big John Studd test of strength where he holds back a car!

TELEVISION TOURNAMENT

Sting vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

-Round two of the TV title tournament starts in a big way with some hot action here on Challenge. It is Sting and Valentine and the Hammer is making the youngster earn it as these guys go almost to the limit. We see Valentine wearing out the knee of Sting but he fights back and he’s got the crowd going wild for him! The finish is chaotic as Sting starts to wear Valentine down and then he goes for the Stinger Splash in the corner but somehow the turnbuckle comes off and Sting comes crashing down into the steel! He backs up and then Valentine comes with a high knee right to his chest and he goes down for the 3 count. We see some medics come out and check on him as he is in some serious pain. Valentine moves on to face the winner of One Man Gang and Ganter!

Announcement for Showdown @ Shea II:

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Hulk Hogan, Wahoo McDaniel, & Tito Santana vs Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, & Tully Blanchard

Randy Savage vs Barry Windham ©

STRETCHER MATCH

Andre the Giant vs Sika w/ Mr. Fuji

WWF Live 6/7

Pittsburgh, PA - Civic Arena

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Wahoo McDaniel

Randy Savage vs Barry Windham © went to a 30-minute draw

Tito Santana defeated Tully Blanchard

Arn Anderson defeated Curt Hennig

Greg Valentine & Big John Studd defeated Billy Jack Haynes & Sting

superstarslogo.png

Matches: Barry Windham, Dino Bravo, Hart Foundation, & Tito Santana

TELEVISION TOURNAMENT

Bull Ganter vs The One Man Gang w/ Slick

-A big time match with a long time build as it comes to fruition here. These guys come at one another with some big time shots and neither man is giving an inch to the other. They are almost no selling everything and we end up seeing this one break loose a little bit. The finish is one in which we see Bull Ganter NAIL Gang right in the eye and he gets busted open. Gang then goes outside the ring and we see both men fighting with the steel chain. The crowd isn’t really into this one as it has become quite the spectacle. We see Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco run out with other officials. Fink announces this one a double DQ but neither man is giving an inch as the fight continues and those look to be real shots! This means Valentine is in the finals of the TV Tournament!

Announcement for Showdown @ Shea II:

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Hulk Hogan, Wahoo McDaniel, & Tito Santana vs Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, & Tully Blanchard

STRETCHER MATCH

WWF Live 6/8
Philadelphia, PA - The Spectrum

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Wahoo McDaniel

Randy Savage vs Barry Windham © went to a 30-minute draw

Tito Santana defeated Tully Blanchard

Arn Anderson defeated Curt Hennig

Greg Valentine & Big John Studd defeated Billy Jack Haynes & Sting

Flair vs. Wahoo around the horn is a great matchup. I was wondering exactly _how_ that turnbuckle pad came off myself. Ganter and OMG trying to kill one another is a nice way to keep both over. I only know 3 matches from the Shea card, but my ticket was bought as soon as I saw them.

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling 6/9

Matches from: Richmond, VA - The Coliseum

Prime Time opens with footage from Wrestling Challenge and Superstars. We see the carnage of the Bull Ganter vs One Man Gang match that ended in a double DQ. We see the controversy of Sting and Greg Valentine with the missing turnbuckle. It builds to our tv title tournament match tonight with the winner to take on Tully Blanchard next week! We then cut to the ring where Gorilla and Jesse put over the big return of Tony Atlas… Mr. USA!

Tony Atlas vs Conquistador II

-Atlas looks to be in great physical condition here and he works the crowd up pretty good. He handles #2 pretty easily here tonight and finishes with a huge press slam! Atlas gets the 3-count and the crowd pops...

We see BJS and Jimmy Hart come out. We see BJS and Hart putting over their strength. Tony Atlas walks over and Atlas says he would love to challenge Big John to a little weight lifting contest whenever he wants… Studd gets in his face but Atlas doesn’t back down. We have some officials and agents come out and break these guys up before it gets too far...

*COMMERCIAL*

Prime Time is back with Mr. Fuji out at ringside. He is joined by Demolition, Don Muraco, & Sika. They all put over their issues… Sika is going to finish off Andre the Giant at the Showdown at Shea II! He will finish him once and for all! We find out that Demolition is challenging the British Bulldogs at the Showdown at Shea II… but this time it will be a Texas Tornado Match!! Don Muraco says his fate is tied into tonight’s match… he is going to beat Curt Hennig and earn his chance at the TV Title!

TELEVISION TOURNAMENT

Curt Hennig vs Don Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji

-This one has been brewing with the tournament as the backdrop. Both men come in tonight with first round wins and now the winner goes on to face Blanchard next week. This match has a 15-minute time limit and this one is fast and furious to the 14th minute! Both men are able to work over each other and it is Muraco who has complete control over the younger Hennig. Time is running out and we see Muraco hoist up Hennig for the Tombstone. 20 seconds left! Muraco looks to finish but Hennig goes over the top and grabs Muraco for a backslide! 1...2…..3!!! HENNIG HAS WON IT! HENNIG goes on to face Blanchard next week!

*COMMERCIAL*

Prime Time is back with the Horsemen here tonight. They come out to run down SNME and Showdown at Shea.

We hear Arn Anderson talk about the big six-man at Shea and he says that Hulk Hogan, Wahoo McDaniel, and Tito Santana are going to get the beating of a lifetime. He puts over how the Horsemen have yet to show their full power and strength and when it comes to Shea Stadium… no one will be able to stop them. Anderson says that SNME will be a preview and Hogan and Tito will be lucky to make it out in one piece.

Tully Blanchard runs through the next couple of weeks. He says that Curt Hennig passed up the chance of a lifetime a couple of months ago to be part of the solution but instead he’s part of the problem. Next week he will be just another bump in the road on Blanchard’s way to the TV title! Tully then goes on to put over SNME. He says that first he’s going to join the Horsemen in winning the six-man tag match and then he will go on and win the TV Title. He says that Greg Valentine is a helluva competitor… but he’s no Horsemen and he’s going to find that out the hard way! He then puts over the Showdown at Shea and it will be the chance of a lifetime for all the fans out there to see the Horsemen shine in the brightest lights!

Barry Windham runs through his next couple of weeks. He puts over SNME and the big six man but then he really pumps up the Showdown at Shea. He says that the IC title is going to be on the line and Randy Savage may have one good fight left in him… but it won’t be enough because when it is all said and done… Windham will continue to be the King… he will continue to be the champ… and he will be the man who took the Macho out of Randy Savage and he won’t even be a man when it is all said and done.

Ric Flair gets on and he is rolling this week. He runs down everyone in his path. He starts with Wahoo McDaniel and says the biggest match of his career will be at Saturday Night’s Main Event. He is going to dog him and send him back where he belongs with one fell swoop. Then he says that Tito Santana is riding on a runaway train right now and if he isn’t careful he’s going to get caught up in the storm. Randy Savage is picking a fight with the wrong people and he thinks he is only fighting with Windham… but it is the entire group of the Horsemen who are going to make him wish he had never been involved in wrestling. Then Flair turns it all to Hogan. He runs him down and says that the closest Hogan will ever come to the title again will be when Flair shoved it in his face a couple of weeks ago! He says that Hulk Hogan is hiding in Japan and he is too afraid to come back and show his face and he doesn’t blame him!

*COMMERCIAL*

Prime Time is back and we see the footage from a couple of weeks ago with the Harts and the Russians. We see the nasty spinebuster on the floor and the subsequent challenge that has led us right here… the titles are on the line… let’s go to the ring!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Hart Foundation © vs The Russians w/ Slick

-Big time main event with the tag titles on the line and the Russians who have made their intentions known come out here to some nice heat. The Harts come out and you can see that Bret is hurting but here we go with a fun 11-minute contest. These guys don’t do a ton here but give us a nice taste. The best part comes with the heat segment in which Bret Hart just gets destroyed by the Russians. He is playing the babyace so well and just oozes sympathy for the big hot tag to the Anvil who comes in and starts pounding away at everyone in his path. The big finish sees Bret get back to his feet and come back into help the Anvil as chaos ensues. The fight goes out of the ring to the floor as Nikolai grabs Bret and RAMS him into the guardrail before picking him up for another big SPINEBUSTER ON THE FLOOR! Bret is out while the referee is counting. We see both of the Russians then double up on the Anvil as the bell rings. Slick grabs the titles and holds them up but the referee grabs them. We hear that the Russians have won via count out… but the titles do NOT change hands! Lots of controversy here as Slick and the Russians are irate! Jesse and Gorilla put this over in a big way and we hear Jesse say that the Russians should have won the titles! Jack Tunney is out to announce that there will be a rematch at Saturday Night’s Main Event with these two teams and the tag team championship on the line! Huge news that there will be a rematch in just a couple of weeks!

WWF Presents: Saturday Night’s Main Event IX - 6/28/86

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Wahoo McDaniel vs Ric Flair © w/ Angel

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Hart Foundation © vs The Russian Assassins w/ Slick

SIX-MAN TAG

Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, & Tito Santana vs Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard, & Arn Anderson w/ Sherri & Bobby Heenan
TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINALS

Tully Blanchard or Curt Hennig vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

Announcement for Showdown @ Shea II: July 4th

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

STRETCHER MATCH

TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

The British Bulldogs vs Demolition w/ Mr. Fuji

Perfect (or Tully) vs Hammer sounds like a great TV Tournament final match.

Harts vs Russians and Bulldogs vs Demolition! Tag scenes are hot all over the place! I like how almost all of us make sure to put on big tag matches and push that division.

The stuff with the Horsemen is always great, you do such a good job writing them up.

Nice return for Atlas. Studd is a really good opponent for him. Perfect vs. Tully is a Hell of a matchup that we never got on a big stage.I'll agree on the tag scene, very good work there. Loved the Horsemen promos. Flair's was a great way to wrap things up and put the focus on Hogan.

So much happening! The TV title tournament has been non stop action and now we get Tully and Hennig next week. That should be a classic. Wahoo is another great opponent for Flair around the loop and we get to see the match on SNME. Russians get a brutal countout win over the Harts, setting up a rematch. I've really enjoyed this feud. The matches announced for Showdown at Shea would already get my money. You know it's a stacked card when a tornado match and stretcher match are not even the main events. Windham and Savage will put on another spectacle and that 6 man tag main event will be epic.

Haven't had the chance to comment yet on this latest string of shows but everything is going full cylinder for some huge cards. The Horsemen have a huge opportunity to make a statement both at SNME IX and at Showdown at Shea Stadium. I don't expect Ric Flair to lose the title to Wahoo at SNME (who'd ever thought we would actually read Wahoo, Flair & SNME in the same sentence!) however, I'm not counting Curt Hennig out in the TV title tournament against Tully Blanchard. I just think Hennig is such on a role that he can't be stopped.

But Windham vs Savage at Shea is a potential MOTYC!

wcd0.jpg

In Action: Demolition, The Hart Foundation, Greg Valentine, & Dino Bravo

Featuring: Tony Atlas working out weight weights… he squats over 400 pounds and bench presses over 350 pounds.

superstarslogo.png

In Action: Billy Jack Haynes, Don Muraco, The Rockers, Barry Windham

Featuring: Big John Studd squatting and doing the bench press. He puts over his strength but can’t squat the 400 pounds and blames it on the spotter. He then hits the bench press no problem.

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

SIX-MAN TAG

Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, & Tito Santana vs Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard, & Arn Anderson w/ Sherri & Bobby Heenan

Tully Blanchard or Curt Hennig vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

STRETCHER MATCH

TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling 6/16

Matches from: Brantford, Ontario, Canada – Civic Centre

Prime Time opens up this week with Jesse and Gorilla putting over a big night of action including finding out who will go on to SNME to take on Greg Valentine when Curt Hennig and Tully Blanchard go one on one. Gorilla announces that tonight we will hear from the Horsemen but NEXT WEEK… Hulk Hogan will be here on Prime Time and Gorilla expects fireworks. We will also have some comments from Andre the Giant as he prepares for his big match with Sika on July 4th. Right now it is time to get things going with a big tag team contest!

The British Bulldogs vs Los Conquistadors

-A good opener with these four doing some good work but it is the Bulldogs who set the stage for what will be a hopefully big summer for them. The winner of the Showdown Tornado Tag is said to be next in line for the tag team title shot but at the same time the Russians still have a lot to do with the Harts. We have the Harts out here on commentary putting over the big SNME tag title rematch against the Russians. We hear their takes on all three teams and they put over each as a formidable opponent. The finish for this one sees a powerslam and a diving headbutt for the 3-count!

-The Bulldogs walk over and join the Harts. They put over their tag team matches in the coming weeks but then we see Fuji walk out with Demolition and Slick walk out with the Russians. We have some shouting but before too long it is the Hitman who comes out and says that next week the Bulldogs and Harts challenge Demolition and the Russians to an eight-man tag!

*COMMERCIAL*

Prime Time is back putting over the issue with the Rockers and Power and Glory. We also get to hear a little bit about Tony Atlas’ return to the WWF along with John Studd. We hear about both men’s power and strength. We hear about Paul Roma and his knee injury which could very well cost him his career according to Jimmy Hart...

Shawn Michaels w/ Marty vs Hercules w/ Jimmy Hart & Paul Roma

-A pretty good contest with Shawn Michaels and Hercules. The speed of Michaels may be the tops in the world right now and Hercules has got power that very few can match. Roma is outside with his knee heavily taped. He is also on crutches to add in to the fact that he could very well be done with the sport. John Studd makes his way out and that is just the beginning break loose. The finish sees Hercules whip Michaels to the ropes but Studd pulls the ropes down and Shawn goes flying. Hercules distracts the referee while Studd pummels Michaels only for Jannetty to run and jump on him. The referee sees all of this as Hercules runs down and we’ve got a brawl outside the ring. The referee calls for the bell as this one is being thrown out. Officials and agents run out to break it up.

*COMMERCIAL*

We cut to a huge promo for SNME IX and the big WWF Championship match with Flair vs Wahoo. We will also see Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, & Tito Santana take on Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard, and Arn Anderson. We’ll see the WWF Tag Team Titles on the line when the Hart Foundation take on the Russians! Plus the finals of the TV Title tournament will be decided. Will Tully Blanchard pull double duty and take on Greg Valentine or will it be the young Curt Hennig coming up with a big win?

We then see the promo for the Showdown at Shea II - Doubleheader! We will see a main event match with Hulk Hogan, Wahoo McDaniel, & Tito Santana taking on Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and Tully Blanchard. Plus we’ll see the WWF Intercontinental Championship on the line when Barry Windham defends against Randy Savage! Plus a huge Stretcher Match between Andre the Giant and Sika! We’ll also see a Texas Tornado Tag Match with the British Bulldogs taking on Demolition!

*COMMERCIAL*

Prime Time is back here with Gorilla and Jesse pumping up the big main event here. The winner of this one punches their ticket to SNME and a shot at the Hammer. Jesse says he would gladly stand in for Tully in the six-man to shut down that chump Hulk Hogan! That could be something fun… here we go!

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

Curt Hennig vs Tully Blanchard w/ Bobby Heenan

-This one goes the full 15-minutes and we see both guys really putting on a show. Hennig was the foil of the Horsemen back in February with Barry Windham and soon we see Arn and Barry come out here to join commentary and put over how Tully is going to walk out of SNME with the TV title and a big six-man victory but then they say that if Tully wins Jesse will join them! Tully seems to be focused on the knee and he breaks down Hennig something awful to the point where Hennig doesn’t even look like he can walk. We are getting towards the end of the time limit and Tully says it is time to finish but now Hennig fights back. Hennig is hammering away and Blanchard is staggered! Hennig ducks a big clothesline and then a throat thrust and he picks him up for the Fisherman’s Suplex and nails it but when he goes to bridge he can’t keep his leg up and he crumbles. Hennig is holding his knee and we’ve got little time remaining here. Tully then goes for the slingshot suplex but Hennig kicks out! We have less than a minute remaining… Tully says he’s going for the figure four and he grabs Hennig’s leg but Henig rolls through and grabs Tully for the 1….2….3!!! Hennig has won it and here comes Arn and Tully! They attack Hennig but we see Wahoo and Tito run out to help him. Hennig is in a bad way but now he’s got a chance at the tv title… will he be able to go come SNME?!

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

SIX-MAN TAG

Curt Hennig vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

STRETCHER MATCH

TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

Oh snap! What an ending as Hennig upsets Tully. I know Hennig is hurt but man he's got some serious momentum going as he heads to the finals against the Hammer. Hennig does need to be careful, because if anyone can capitalize on an injury, it's Valentine. Nice set up to next week's 8 man tag match. Fun match between Michaels and Herc that ends in chaos. Looking forward to the Studd/Atlas showdown. SNME is going to be a good one and I'm sure will be a great set up to Showdown at Shea.

lol at Studd not being able to squat as much as Atlas, and blaming it on the spotter. Such a heel move. It makes logical sense too, since a guy as tall as him might have leverage disadvantages in that movement.

Nice job booking two big cads back-to-back with enough variation that fans will be dying to watch both, but just enough overlap that one can build to the other. .

Curt vs Tully and Curt vs Valentine are two great 80s WWF-style TV matches.

Bulldogs and Harts vs Demos and Russians should be a ton of fun.

BIG 8 man tag next week that looks really entertaining. I like continuing the feud with Michaels and Herc even if Roma is injured. Jesse offering to take Tully's place if he wins is a nice touch. Hennig pulling out the win despite the worked-over knee is such a great bit of babyface booking.

Great win for Hennig, as Dawho5 said, you've built him amazingly well here as a babyface and I'm really rooting for him to take the TV title

Another great SNME coming up which is always my favorite, you've captured the feel of the so well.

It's so much fun to see Wahoo rubbing shoulders with Hogan, it's truly a bizzaro world here these days and I love it!

wcd0.jpg

Featuring: Sting, The Tonga Kid, Dino Bravo, Demolition, & Randy Savage

superstarslogo.png

Featuring: Don Muraco, SD Jones, Arn Anderson, & Billy Jack Haynes

MAIN EVENT

The Rockers vs Hercules & Big John Studd w/ Jimmy Hart

-This is a fun match for what it’s worth. The Rockers do some great work bumping for the big guys and coming out of this Studd looks great as he shows off some serious power. The big moment of this one comes with Paul Roma hobbles out on the crutches and when Marty Jannetty is throwing outside the ring we see Roma lift the crutch and just DESTROY Jannetty! Roma then starts kicking him outside the ring and we see Hercules and Studd working over Shawn Michaels inside the ring. This was all a big roose as the referees and officials run out to help this. Pure chaos!

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

SIX-MAN TAG

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

STRETCHER MATCH

TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling 6/23

Matches from: Providence, RI – Civic Center

Prime Time opens up this week with Gorilla and Jesse putting over SNME next week and then the big Showdown at Shea II on July the 4th. One of the premiere matches for that event will be Andre the Giant returning to action to take on Sika. Sika and Fuji come out and put over the big match and Fuji says that what Sika did to Andre’s arm is just the beginning and next he will need a cast for his ENTIRE BODY!! He then puts over the other matches for Showdown including the big tag team texas tornado matchup with the Demolition who are joined by the Russians for our huge eight-man tag team match!

EIGHT-MAN TAG

The Hart Foundation & The British Bulldogs vs The Russians & Demolition w/ Slick & Fuji

-What an event here with Jesse and Gorilla going wild putting this one over. We see all eight-men get involved and chaos does ensue on multiple occasions. The highlight is actually seeing Demolition and the Harts do battle here as they have got some great heat and experience with one another. The finish is one that gets a ton of heat as we see all eight-men get involved. Ax pushes Bret into the corner and he gets just ROCKED with Fuji’s cane and it breaks over the back of his head. Then we see Boris go for the pinfall but Ax pulls him off and he goes but Boris pulls him off. Boris and Ax are arguing until Davey Boy flies from behind with a dropkick and they headbutt one another. Davey rolls up Ax for the 1….2….3!! The Harts and Dogs are the winners as they back out of the ring. Bret is in bad shape right now but he is trying to keep himself up.

*COMMERCIAL*

Prime Time is back with Jesse and Gorilla putting over the issue with the Rockers and the Hart Family. We also hear about the big six-man that will go down at the Showdown @ Shea II but no word on who will be joining the Rockers. We also hear from Greg Valentine who looks to secure the Television Title this Saturday against Curt Hennig. He puts over how Hennig may be technically sound but it is the experience of the Hammer that will win him the gold! Big John Studd does some posing here and looks fantastic as we head to the ring for the returning Mr. USA Tony Atlas!

Tony Atlas vs Dark Patriot II

-A great showcase for the returning Tony Atlas who looks like a million dollars right now… all be it the fading hair on his head. His body looks great and his in ring work is good enough to get the job done here tonight. He does an amazing PRESS SLAM for the victory and works the fans...he joins Gorilla and Jesse.

Atlas joins Jesse and Gorilla and here come the Rockers. Tony Atlas puts over how he has been watching John Studd make a fool of himself trying to lift things and break things that don’t hit back. He says he has got two fists and he can bench Big John Studd and Press Slam him out of the earth and he would love to join the Rockers against them at Shea. Marty and Shawn agree and this one is in the books…

*COMMERCIAL*

Prime Time is back and we have got a big time main event tonight as Randy Savage is in line to take on Bad News Brown. Jesse and Gorilla put over the next couple of weeks with the big six-man tag on SNME and then Savage getting his revenge against Windham at the Showdown @ Shea II for the title. Gorilla hopes Savage wins but Jesse wonders if Savage doesn’t… will he ever get another shot? They also put over Bad News Brown as a man who has made a lot of enemies here in the WWF and this will be no different tonight!

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth vs Bad News Brown

-A fun main event that gets about 15-minutes. The smaller crew tonight means we have an MSG show as well and what a way to highlight your talent with this big main event. These guys really pull out the stops and even take the brawl outside the ring and work each other over in front of the crowd. Savage is able to get the upper hand and he even nails a big double axe handle smash off the top rope to Bad News outside the ring. The referee continues to count as Savage gets inside and is the winner via count out while Bad News is irate outside of the ring. Savge works the fans as Gorilla and Jesse put over how Hulk Hogan is next!

*COMMERCIAL*

Prime Time is back and we see Jesse and Gorilla hyping it up as Mean Gene is in the middle of the ring and here comes Hulk Hogan! Hogan and Gene start to run down the next couple of weeks for the Hulkster.

Hulk: Well you know Mean Gene… it all starts this Saturday night brother. You see I have got two of the baddest dudes on the planet backing me up against the Horsemen and they don’t know what is going to happen when Tito Santana and the Macho Man join forces with the Hulkster and we run them into the dirt. The biggest thing though… is that once it is all said and done… we go on to Shea Stadium and there Ric Flair… I finally get to get my hands on you in front of all those fans. I am going to rip you apart… piece by piece and there won’t be anything left for you to even try to defend that title…

Just then we see the Horsemen come down the aisle. It is Flair, Anderson, Windham, and Blanchard and they don’t appear to be too happy. Gene Okerlund jumps out of the ring and Hogans rips off his shirt and welcomes them in. the visual is pretty special when the Horsemen start to get up on the apron and then the crowd explodes for Randy Savage, Tito Santana, and Wahoo McDaniel who all run down and join the action. They are welcoming the Horsemen in but Flair and company will have none of that! The visual is from the aisle with Hogan holding the ropes and his men behind him while Flair and the Horsemen look on with the passion of 1,000 fires in their eyes!

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

SIX-MAN TAG

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

STRETCHER MATCH

TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Tony Atlas & The Rockers vs Big John Studd & Powers/Glory w/ Jimmy Hart