Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling: June 1986

GeneJackson95

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 5/29 Airing on Friday 5/30 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Show opens with footage of Nikita Koloff defeating Rick Martel for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at the UWF Memorial Day Bash)

Mercer: "Hello wrestling fans and you just saw footage of the man who is…whether we like it or not, our new NWA World Heavyweight Champion…'the Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff."

Prichard: "What a great champion he is…Bill Mercer, someone we can all look up to and respect."

Mercer: "Well I don't know about all that but he is an impressive athlete and someone who will be hard to defeat as we move forward with the upcoming NWA Great American Bash tour '86."

Prichard: "I'm as excited as anybody about the Bash but before we move towards the Bash, tomorrow night at Texas Stadium we have the David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions and it promises to be the biggest World Class event of the year!"

Mercer: "Most certainly, we'll run down the full card for the Parade of Champions but right now let's go to the ring and see Scott Hall in action!"

MATCH #1:

Scott Hall pinned "Singing Cowboy" Don Bass with a running bulldog

Post Match: Marc Lowrance interviews Scott Hall, Hall says that Iceman Parsons is going to pay for what he's done to his friend Steve Doll….Hall says there's no better way to send a message to Parsons than to take that Television title that he's so proud of and what better place to do it than in front of all the great fans in Texas Stadium! We then cut to Iceman Parsons in the dressing room with Bruce Prichard. Prichard asks Parsons his thoughts on Scott Hall "sticking his nose in Iceman's business". Parsons says he agrees 100% with Prichard, that Scott Hall is meddling in something that doesn't concern him….and when all is said and done he's going to wish he'd minded his own business because he has no idea what's in store at Parade of Champions…..he says it's time for a revolution and no one is ready for what he's bringing with him tomorrow night, but everyone will be talking about it on Sunday!

(In the dressing room Marc Lowrance is joined by Kevin and Kerry Von Erich)

Marc: "I'm here with the Von Erichs, both you are involved in huge matches tomorrow night at Parade of Champions but before we get to that Kevin you recently scored a huge victory up in Lutte International in Canada over one of the toughest men in Professional Wrestling, King Tonga."

Kevin: "You said a mouthful there Marc, King Tonga is a very tough and dangerous man and I was lucky to make it out of that match in one piece much less victorious. Speaking of tough and dangerous men tomorrow night my cousin Lance will be teaming with the Junk Yard Dog and Jerry 'the King' Lawler to take on the Funks and Kamala, but before that I'll be squaring off with Jimmy Jack Funk right here tonight on television and I'm going to give him a little sample of what they've got coming to them tomorrow night."

Marc: "Meanwhile Kerry, you will have a very tall order in front of you as you face off with Big John Studd for the North American Championship."

Kerry: "Yes Marc, a tall order indeed but a little more personal between Studd and I than just the North American championship….it was Studd who put my brother Mike out of action and it was my brother Kevin here who Studd stole that title from in the first place….so yes, Studd is a TALL order but I will chop him down to size and I'll win that title in honor of our brother David right there in front of all our family and friends in Texas Stadium."

Marc: "While I have you guys here, what is your take on Nikita Koloff winning the NWA World Championship."

Kevin: "Rick Martel is a great, great wrestler and made for an honorable champion who brought a lot of prestige and honor to that title…..Nikita Koloff is an amazing specimen and incredible athlete but he's not an honorable man and I look forward to the opportunity to try and take that title away from him."

Kerry: "I agree with everything my brother just said, Rick Martel is one of the best to ever wear that title and he defended it with dignity and honor, the way Koloff carries himself is disgraceful and I hope to get the opportunity to compete against him for that championship sometime in the near future."

MATCH #2:

Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen pinned Cousin Junior after a lariat……post match he continued to put the boots to Junior until Hillbilly Jim came in to try and make the save but Hansen hit him in the head with the cowbell and started choking him with the bullrope until Dusty Rhodes came in with a bullrope of his own and started choking Hansen out until other wrestlers hit the ring to break it up

COMMERCIALS

After the commercial Rhodes is still in the ring with the bullrope and a microphone-

Rhodes: "Hansen…..Hansen, I know you can hear me right now……if you want to play with bull ropes then be my guest baby…..so I say tomorrow night in Texas Stadium, hook us up at the wrists and we'll see just who really is….the bull of the woods, if ya weel! Now as for you…TED DIBIASE, I don't care how much money you put out there…..I don't care who tries to take me out….they will not get the job done…I can promise you that. As for you claiming to be the so called 'REAL' American Dream….I can tell you this right now….I don't care how much money you got…..what yo suits cost…..or what kinda ladies you talkin' to….don't nobody here in Texas wanna be like you Dibiase…..not nobody….so you bring all the bounties you want but how bout when you finally manage to buy yo'self 'a set' of you know whats….how bout you hop a first class flight to the Sportatorium and I'll whip yo tail like ya mama should have years ago!"

MATCH #3:

NWA North American Tag Team Champions "Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers defeated The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) by pinfall when Garvin pinned Jack with an inside cradle

Post Match: Garvin says they are sick and tired of being called cheaters and cowards and that just like tonight where they won the match fair and square, tomorrow night they will do the same against Ware/Brown at the Parade of Champions. Embry agrees and says that the fans will see them for the heroes they truly are when they beat the Onyx Express fair and in the middle of the ring and then after that they are coming for the Rock & Roll Express and those National Tag Team titles……Morton & Gibson whose title defense is next came to ringside and got nose to nose with Garvin and Embry. Morton says anytime they want to put their North American tag team titles on the line that he and Hoot would be glad to take their belts like they did the Midnight Express…..Meanwhile, Iceman Parsons comes down and says that Garvin and Embry are making a HUGE mistake looking past Brickhouse and Koko tomorrow night, this brings out Brown and Ware, Ware tells Parsons that they don't need him to speak for them….but for once he's right…don't look past them tomorrow night because that would be a big, big mistake!

Embry, Garvin, Parsons, Brown, and Ware all are asked to leave ringside so the next match can begin

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA National Tag Team Championship

The Rock & Roll Express (Ricky Morton/Robert Gibson) defeated The Nasty Boys (Knobbs/Saggs) when Gibson pinned Knobbs after a double dropkick

(VTR: A highlight video airs of JWA Middleweight Champion Tiger Mask in action against various opponents in Japan)

(Mercer recaps the events that led to tomorrow's 8 Man 'Texas Shootout' pitting The Von Erichs/JYD/Lawler vs. The Funks and Kamala w/Gary Hart)

MATCH #5

MAIN EVENT

Texas Shootout Preview Match

Kevin Von Erich pinned Jimmy Jack Funk with a small package

(VTR- Ted Dibiase is standing in front of the Mid Atlantic set)

Dibiase: "Dusty..Dusty..Dusty…..as I suspected your simple little 'common man' mind can't process the severity of the situation you currently find yourself in. I'm sure you came out there tonight and you shucked and jived and made some cute little comments that made the simpletons and peons in Dallas stand up and cheer but what you fail to realize is you have to face a wildman tomorrow night at the Parade of Champions, Stan Hansen will stop at NOTHING to hurt you….he's not coming to win a match, he doesn't care about your Texas title belt….he is coming to Texas Stadium to hurt you and collect $150,000, and while that's chump change to me…that's a lot of money for most folks and Hansen can make his old lady really happy bringing home that kinda scratch. However just know this Rhodes, no matter what you will not walk out of there tomorrow night under your own power……I've taken further measures to guarantee that……I've not only double downed…..I've triple downed my bets so wrestling fans if you've EVER in your life wanted to see Dusty Rhodes wrestle live in person, you better buy your ticket and come to Texas Stadium tomorrow because it will be Dusty's swan song right there in Texas and then….there will only be one true 'American Dream' in wrestling…and your looking at him, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase…(trademark laugh)"

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc.

World Class Championship Wrestling

David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions

Texas Stadium

Irving, Texas

Saturday May 31, 1986

Bell time: 7pm

MAIN EVENT

8 Man Tag Team Texas Shootout

Kevin Von Erich

Lance Von Erich

Junk Yard Dog

Jerry 'the King' Lawler

Vs.

Terry Funk

Dory Funk Jr.

Jimmy Jack Funk

Kamala

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Championship

Big John Studd

Vs.

"Modern Day Warrior"

Kerry Von Erich

NWA World Tag Team Championship

The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk)

w/ Paul Ellering

Vs.

The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane)

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH

"The American Dream"

Dusty Rhodes

Vs.

Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Championship

The Fabulous Freebirds (Gordy/Hayes/Roberts)

Vs.

Riki Choshu/Rusher Kimura/Tatsutoshi Goto

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin

w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers

Vs.

The Onyx Express (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware)

JWA Middleweight Championship

Tiger Mask

Vs.

"White Lightning"

Tim Horner

WCCW Television Championship

"Iceman" King Parsons

Vs.

Scott Hall

David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions

Texas Stadium

Irving, Texas

Saturday May 31, 1986

Bell time: 7pm

"Iceman" King Parsons

Vs.

Scott Hall

A good back and forth match for several minutes until finally Hall had things going his way and looked to be about to win the championship when there was commotion in the aisle and suddenly "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd followed by Kareem Muhammed and Elijah Akeem hit the ring, Kareem, Elijah, and Parsons destroyed Scott Hall while Ladd kept the referee pinned in the corner….Brian Adias and Steve Simpson attempted to make the save but was beat down for their troubles as well. Referee Rick Hazard declared Scott Hall the winner by DQ. Afterwards, Ernie Ladd took the mic away from Marc Lowrance and declared "The REVOLUTION is here in World Class, you might not LIKE US….but you will RESPECT US!"

JWA Middleweight Championship

Tiger Mask pinned "White Lightning" Tim Horner with a 'Tiger Suplex' in a sensational match

(NO COUNT OUT/NO DQ)

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers

Vs.

The Onyx Express (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware)

An extremely competitive match, much to everyone's surprise Embry and Garvin were wrestling by the rules as promised….12 minutes into the action, Ernie Ladd, Kareem and Elijah came to ringside and surrounded Precious….her bodyguard Big Bubba Rogers stood up to the three and was attacked….Garvin saw this and tried to come to his aid….while all this was happening, Parsons came through the crowd and into the ring….he knocked out Embry with a baseball bat….Brown covered Embry and since it was NO DQ there was nothing referee David Manning could do but count 1-2-3!! Winners and new NWA North American Tag Team Champions The Onyx Express……Post Match: Ladd, Parsons, Ware, Brown, Kareem, and Elijah all lined up across the ring and raised their right fists in the air…..once again Ernie Ladd took the microphone…."The Onyx Express are no more…from now on, Koko Ware and Brickhouse Brown will be known as THE BROTHERHOOD! But for all the other so called tag teams here in World Class….you can just call them 'the Champs!"

The Fabulous Freebirds (Gordy/Hayes/Roberts) defeated Riki Choshu/Rusher Kimura/Tatsutoshi Goto in an action packed match that saw Gordy get the win over Goto with the Oriental Spike

TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeated Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen in a brutal and bloody bullrope match

After the match Dusty could barely stand as referee Bronko Lubbich tried to help him to his feet, Hansen recovered enough to wrap the bullrope around Dusty's neck in another attempt to collect Dibiase's bounty until The Fabulous Freebirds hit the ring to make the save and Hansen took off to avoid a three on one encounter…….As Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts helped Dusty back up to his feet the fans cheered until from out of nowhere GORDY NAILED RHODES WITH THE ORIENTAL SPIKE!!! And with that the Freebirds started putting the boots to Rhodes…..they picked him back up and Gordy/Hayes/Roberts gave him a 'spike piledriver'! Jerry Lawler, JYD, and the Von Erichs came down to finally make the save for Rhodes, who true to Dibiase's words had to be stretchered out of the Stadium

NWA World Tag Team Championship

The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) w/ Paul Ellering defeated The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane) when Hawk pinned Lane after the 'Doomsday' Device

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich pinned Big John Studd after a 'discus punch' to win the North American Championship

MAIN EVENT

8 Man Tag Team Texas Shootout

Kevin Von Erich/Lance Von Erich/Junk Yard Dog/Jerry 'the King' Lawler vs. Terry Funk/Dory Funk Jr./Jimmy Jack Funk/Kamala was declared a 'no contest' when all 8 men started brawling and around ringside and the referee could not restore order……The Freebirds ran in and joined the Funks and Kamala in beating down Lawler/JYD/The Von Erichs, we can only assume as revenge for interfering in their beat down of Dusty Rhodes earlier tonight

I don't think that the David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions went exactly the way the Von Erichs thought it would. But many swerves! First with Ernie Ladd showing up with Akeem & Muhammad and THEN, The Onyx Express with, in my opinion, a huge upset over Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry. And what about the Freebirds cashing in on Ted Dibiase's bounty!!! Of course, we should've known this would happen.

Another great card in World Class!

Parade of Champions was a masterpiece of a show.

Perfectly timed appearance of Ernie Ladd and the Revolution. I could only imagine the heat that is going to bring in Texas.

I know I love the Freebirds and I think I love the Heel Freebirds even more. A Perfectly times turn that could lead to anything in the WCCW!

Kerry had to come out on top here in the David Von Erich Memorial .... can't wait to see who is coming after him next.

Oh the angles that main event is going to lead to!

Wow! I had to catch my breath after reading the Parade of Champions card. What a night of surprises. Parson's was right, everybody will be talking about this. Ladd makes a huge impact and the Revolution has started. Brotherhood already gets them some gold. Road Warriors have a strong showing in Texas with a defense over the Fab Ones. Man oh Man, Dusty could be in serious trouble. He might of got the win over Hansen but he sure took a beating from the Freebirds. With that bounty, it might take Dusty a long time to get to Dibiase. Kerry Von Erich finally closes the chapter on Studd by winning the North American Title. Main Event ends in chaos! It's going to be one hot summer in Texas.

Man, the foreshadowing for the arrival of Ladd and co. was just extremely well done, with events in the UWF and Iceman getting more politicized... it all makes sense now... whether you ans kevinmcfl planned this out in detail or it just fell into place, kudos to both of you. Great stuff.

I kind of wish that Koko and Brown hadn't turned and joined with Ladd immediately... at least JYD is still working face in Texas.

Of course I got a big kick out of seeing Tiger Mask defend the JWA Middleweight Title and Riki Choshu/Rusher Kimura/Tatsutoshi Goto challenge for the NWA World Six Man Tag Team Championship on that card.

Dream, King, Dog, Kevin, and Lance all ending their nights getting beat down has got to have your fans all fired up for what comes next. And they have Kerry's victory to feel good about.

Great TV to set up the Parade. DiBiase's promo had to talk more than a few fans into coming to see Dusty, almost as many as Dusty's did!

Ladd coming in and uniting his...new Nation?...was a really good way of getting the tag titles off of Embry and Garvin. And I think turn them babyface? Japanese stars in Texas was a fun bit of variety. Gordy beating one of them with the Oriental spike was just good booking. Looks like DiBiase got his way after all with Rhodes. Hansen being the red herring was also a great bit of booking. At the very least we got a Kerry win over Studd to confirm this is WCCW. :) This was a really strong heel show and should be a nice fresh start for a lot of people on the roster.

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 5/29 Airing on Friday 6/6 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Show opens with highlights from the David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions- We see Tiger Mask's 'tiger suplex' on Tim Horner, we see the Freebirds get the win over Kimura/Choshu/Goto, we see the debut of 'Big Cat' Ernie Ladd along with the Revolution (the returning Kareem/Elijah) as they destroy Scott Hall, and later come out to help Brickhouse Brown and Koko Ware win the North American tag team titles in a double turn with Garvin/Embry, We see Dusty's hand raised after his brutal, bloody match with Stan Hansen and the post match surprise attack by the Fabulous Freebirds, and last but not least we 'the Modern Day Warrior' Kerry Von Erich pin Big John Studd to win the NWA North American Championship……we then go to Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard who welcomes the viewers to the show.)

Mercer: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome once again to World Class Championship Wrestling and we're coming off the huge Parade of Champions event at Texas Stadium last weekend…..it was a mixed bag with some really great moments and some very low moments as well."

Prichard: "That's your opinion, Mercer. I was quite excited to see Ernie Ladd show up and lead the Revolution into battle here in World Class."

Mercer: "Well, I think you are in the minority there, Ernie Ladd brings a lot to the table and it's exciting he's here but the message he brings, and the movement he's leading is far from positive."

Prichard: "I think the biggest news is that the Freebirds have seemingly earned $150,000 by taking out Dusty Rhodes."

Mercer: "It remains to be seen if they've been successful, however we'll learn more about that tonight as I understand there was some footage shot at the hospital with Dusty Rhodes in response to the cowardly attack by the Freebirds, but right now I want to bring out the brand new NWA North American Champion, Kerry Von Erich." (Kerry walks in with the title draped over his shoulder)

Kerry: "Thank you Mr. Mercer, it's a pleasure to be here and an honor to be the North American Champion."

Mercer: "I know all the fans throughout Texas are excited to see you finally take down Big John Studd and seemingly banish him from WCCW. However, there will be no rest for you as right here tonight you'll be taking on 'the Ugandan Giant' Kamala and tomorrow you'll have your first title defense against the always dangerous Terry Funk."

Kerry: "Out of the frying pan and into the fire, Mr. Mercer. I've battled Kamala before and I'm going to be ready for him right here tonight. Tomorrow night, I have to defend against Terry Funk, that guy will do ANYTHING to win this title, and beyond that it seems those Funks will do anything to take out a Von Erich so I'm going to have my game face on tomorrow night in Houston."

Mercer: "Good luck tonight Kerry, right now let's get to the ring for our first bout here on World Class Championship Wrestling."

MATCH #1:

Steve Doll pinned "Cowboy" Don Bass with a sunset flip

As Doll was celebrating his victory, Ernie Ladd led his group The Revolution (Kareem/Elijah/Brown/Ware/Parsons) down to ringside and they surround the ring)

Ladd: "I want to address Mr. Doll as well as the fans in World Class, My name is Ernie Ladd and I am here to change professional wrestling here in Texas. I've sat back and watched from the UWF as WCCW has held down great men like 'Iceman' King Parsons……I've literally shed tears seeing how great athletes like Koko Ware, Brickhouse Brown, Kareem Muhammad, and Elijah Akeem have been held back while guys like the Von Erichs, Steve Doll, Scott Hall, Jimmy Garvin, and Eric Embry get all the opportunities. That has been the way of things here in Texas but as of May 31st when I arrived those days are over! We are here to start a REVOLUTION, you understand? We're here to effect change…..BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!"

As the Revolution start to make a move to get in the ring, Garvin, Embry, and Big Bubba Rogers hit the ring with baseball bats. Garvin gets a microphone.

Garvin: "Wait just one minute here, Ernie X! Do you think you guys are going to march into the Sportatorium…..the house that Garvin and Embry built and steal our titles and not have any price to pay?? We've asked for our rematch for the titles to happen tomorrow night in Houston!"

Embry: "Oh and you better believe that me and Jimmy will be looking to regain OUR belts…..BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!" (Crowd roars in approval)

Ladd smiles and tells his guys to "stand down, we'll handle this in Houston."

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2:

The Nasty Boys (Knobbs/Saggs) defeated Randy Watson/Dewey Cox when Saggs pinned Watson after an elbow drop off the top rope…..Post Match: Brian Knobbs grabs the mic and says that if the 'Wild Eyed Southern Boys' accept their challenge tomorrow night, they'll be 'the Black Eyed Southern Boys'

The footage rolls once again of the Freebirds assaulting Dusty Rhodes three on one with added footage of Dusty being loaded into an ambulance on a stretcher. Marc Lowrance then pitches to a VTR of Dusty Rhodes in a hospital bed wearing a neckbrace:

Dusty: (in a very somber, non-Dusty tone) "You know I underestimated how hard it could be to fight off people you don't even know are coming when you have a price placed on your head. I fought Stan Hansen with everything I had in me…and I got the job done….of course Hansen wasn't going to leave well enough alone and he attacked me after the match, and started choking me once again with that bullrope……just when I thought I was going to black out….thank goodness the Freebirds were there to come to my aid….or so I thought, they helped me up off the mat….only for Bam Bam Gordy to hit me with that Oriental Spike…..then they spike piledrived me on my head and honestly I don't remember much after that besides ending up here in the hospital. The Doctor says they've done some serious long term damage to my neck…..he says it would be a huge risk for the American Dream to ever step foot back in the rasslin' ring again….so as much as it breaks my heart to admit it…..I guess Dibiase has succeeded….the Freebirds have put the Dream out to pasture….and now they're $150,00 richer. I just want all my wonderful fans to know…..the Dream loves ya…..and I'm sorry I've let ya down….but I know guys like the Von Erichs, Junk Yard Dog, Jerry Lawler, and Mr. Olympia…will fight back and do what needs to be done……thank you for the love and support all these years, but it's time ol' Dusty rides off into the sunset."

(As we return from the VTR, 'Badstreet USA' plays over the PA as the Freebirds come to ringside to join Bruce Prichard)

Prichard: "Guys, it looks like you did it, you put Dusty Rhodes out of wrestling and now Ted Dibiase owes you $150,000!"

Hayes: (laughing) "You know Bruce, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a little shocked how easy it was….but then again look at who you're dealing with here…….the three baddest dudes on the block….I've said for years if Dusty Rhodes ever waddled down Badstreet USA it would be the end of him!"

Gordy: "You know I called Dibiase and told him to send us our money and he said he wasn't paying until he knew Rhodes was done, well there you heard it straight from the horse's mouth Teddy! So, get us our money cause I already got plans for my fifty grand!"

Prichard: "Buddy, what's your take on you guys taking out Dusty Rhodes?"

Roberts: "I don't know Bruce, something is not sitting right with me about all this……I've known Dusty many, many years and I just can't believe he's laying down this easy.." (Hayes breaks in)

Hayes: "Dammit Buddy Jack, it's science man….you heard Rhodes, it's not his decision it's the Doctor's decision. Between Bam Bam's lethal Oriental Spike, and that triple spike piledriver….it's out of Dusty's hands….it's over….he's done! Teddy, get us our money by next week brother….you know where to find us!"

MATCH #3:

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy defeated Will Owens with the 'Oriental Spike'

COMMERCIALS

Matchmaker Frank Dusek comes out and says that since Dusty Rhodes has announced his retirement the NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship is now vacant and there will be a tournament next week in Amarillo to crown a new champion. Hayes comes running back to ringside…..

Hayes: "You see….you see!! That's proof Dusty is done! There's no way he would forfeit the Texas title unless he KNEW he's not coming back! What more do you need than that Dibiase? We want our money, and we want it by next week!"

Dusek: "Don't come out here on our tv with this junk, get on the phone with Dibiase if you want your blood money….you're lucky we aren't suspending you guys for attacking him and injuring him….and in fact….just so you know we've submitted a case to the NWA that you guys should be fined for that blatant attack on Dusty and it's currently being discussed among the NWA President and the Board of Directors."

Hayes: "Wait a minute…..how much of a fine would something like that be?"

Dusek: "I'm not sure but I've heard Fritz has suggested….around $50,000 a piece."

Hayes: "What??? That would be every dime we made!"

Dusek: "Awww" (Hayes grabs Dusek by the collar) "Would like to get another fine for attacking me?" (Hayes lets go and fixes his collar for him and storms away from ringside)

MATCH #4:

Jerry 'the King' Lawler pinned Sammy Hall after a piledriver

A hype video airs for the NWA GREAT AMERICAN BASH '86….featuring highlights from last year's tour throughout the NWA…it's announced that the WCCW Bash Tour stop will be at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on July 22nd featuring the 'Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff defending the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against the NWA North American Champion, currently Kerry Von Erich. World Class also promises to deliver the most unbelievable and exciting match ever conceived in professional wrestling.

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

Non-Title

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich defeated "Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday by DQ when the Botswana Beast hit the ring and attacked Kerry, the Headhunters attacked Kerry until Kevin & Lance hit the ring with chairs to make the save!

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday June 7, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

MAIN EVENT

"Modern Day Warrior"

Kerry Von Erich

Vs.

Terry Funk w/Gary Hart

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Brotherhood (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware)

w/Ernie Ladd & The Revolution

Vs.

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin

w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers

Tag Team Challenge Match

Kevin/Lance Von Erich

Vs.

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast)

w/Gary Hart & Friday

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts)

Vs.

Junk Yard Dog/Jerry Lawler/Mr. Olympia

The Revolution (Kareem/Elijah) w/Ernie Ladd

Vs.

Brian Adias/Steve Simpson

"Iceman" King Parsons

w/Ernie Ladd & The Revolution

Vs.

Steve Doll

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Vs.

The Nasty Boys (Knobbs/Saggs)

"White Lightning" Tim Horner

Vs.
"California Stud" Rod Price

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday June 7, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

"White Lightning" Tim Horner pinned "California Stud" Rod Price with a small package

The Nasty Boys (Knobbs/Saggs) defeated The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) when Saggs pinned Smothers after a 'low blow' behind the referee's back

"Iceman" King Parsons w/Ernie Ladd & The Revolution pinned Steve Doll after Ernie Ladd pushed Doll off the top rope just as he was about to dive off with a cross body while Kareem/Elijah distracted referee David Manning

The Revolution (Kareem/Elijah) w/Ernie Ladd Vs. Brian Adias/Steve Simpson was declared a 'No Contest' when Kareem/Elijah attacked Adias/Simpson before the match even started and left them laying at ringside which clearly made Ernie Ladd very happy

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) defeated Junk Yard Dog/Jerry Lawler/Mr. Olympia when Gordy pinned JYD after the 'Oriental Spike'

Tag Team Challenge Match

Kevin/Lance Von Erich fought The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday to double countout

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers defeated

The Brotherhood (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) w/Ernie Ladd & The Revolution by DQ when Kareem/Elijah interfered causing a DQ

MAIN EVENT

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich pinned Terry Funk w/Gary Hart after a 'discus punch'

Great week in WCCW! Ernie Ladd is a great fit in any southern promotion and he is set to tear up Texas.

I wonder what Dusty has up his sleeve?

Easy come, easy go for the money for the Freebirds! That was great but they are still on a role with the win over Lawler, JYD and Mr. Olympia

I could watch a VonErich vs a Fuk all day long!

Ladd making Garvin and Embry instant babyfaces despite their false claims is great. Nasties and Southern Boys (or any team from the south that like to brawl, bonus if they are from Texas) is such a great feud in Texas. Why do I want to think Rhodes isn't done yet? Poor 'Birds, the NWA might take all of their hard-earned money! Kerry over Kamala but not the right way. Looking forward to the Kerry vs. Nikita match for the Bash tour!

I like Kamala's new partner. The Revolution is really making it's presence felt quickly. Kerry as National Champ should play very well in Texas.

Great follow up from Parade of Champions. Wow, the Freebirds really messed Dusty up both physically and mentally. Is this the end of the Dream??? Doesn't look like the Freebirds are going to enjoy the bounty money after all. Ladd and the Revolution make a huge statement and I'm sure will make a huge impact in WCCW. Love the fired up Garvin and Embry. Cant wait to see your Great American Bash lineup. Nikita/Kerry already gets my money.

Freebirds are on a roll with a big win over JYD, Lawler and Olympia. What a monster of a team with Kamala and Beast. Kerry Von Erich is off to a hot start as champ with a strong win over Funk.

As much as The Freebirds realized a big coup by claiming that bounty on Dusty, they might've done this all for nothing if Fritz is able to enforce that fine. But most importantly, Dusty won't go that down that easily. With all the friends he has in the business and the NWA, the Freebirds are marked men!

Nice to see the Revolution making waves already in World Class. There'll be a force to be reckoned with.

And now, I'm really curious what this match during World Class' Bash stop will be!

Did Terry Funk and Kerry Von Erich ever have a main event singles title match in real life? That seems like such a great and obvious match-up, but I don't think it ever happened. To me, that's still the best thing about this project: booking all those great dream matches that we missed out on in the 80s.

Lots of change and excitement in World Class and I like the wild ride you've got us on. Funk vs Von Erich in any match... expect Lance vs Jimmy Jack is a main event. I like seeing Big Bubba getting another run down here in World Class where he had some success before. I am also quite surprised to see JYD take the fall but the Freebirds are a lot for anyone to handle.

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 6/12 Airing on Friday 6/13 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(A large black limo is seen pulling up outside the Sportatorium, out steps the "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase wearing his United States title belt and carrying a briefcase, after the opening montage we go to Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard who welcome us once again to World Class Championship Wrestling)

Mercer: "Well Bruce, it looks like we have TWO special guests tonight."

Prichard: "Yeah, the Million Dollar Man…who is the other??"

Mercer: "NWA President Bob Geigel is here tonight and I hear he has a couple of big announcements to make that will really shake things up here in World Class."

Prichard: "Why was I not informed about this?"

Mercer: "I guess you didn't need to know."

Prichard: "Well I'm going to look into this…."

Mercer: "No Bruce you stay here it's time to go to the ring."

MATCH #1:

Hillbilly Jim w/Uncle Elmer defeated Sammy Hall with a bearhug

(After the match, "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase enters the ring)

Dibiase: "Well well well….what a wonderful surprise this must be for you penny pinching Texas peons to get to see the NWA United States Champion unadvertised here in this dump you call a wrestling arena. Normally appearing in a place like this is beneath me but I just had to come here in person to deliver what's in this briefcase…..so right now I'd like the Fabulous Freebirds to please come down to the ring."

(Badstreet USA blares throughout the Sportatorium as Michael Hayes struts down the aisle leading Gordy and Roberts to the ring)

Hayes: "Mr. Dibiase, it's a pleasure to see you and please accept our apologies for the smell of the arena and these awful Texas fans as well."

Dibiase: (laughs) "Well Michael, ordinarily I would say that would be in order but the considering the reason I'm here tonight…it's all well worth it. I just want to say, "job well done" on getting rid of that fat son of a plumber…and of course I'm referring to these people's hero, the so-called American Dream…Dusty Rhodes."

Gordy: "Teddy, it was our pleasure to get rid of that no good low down Dusty Rhodes….and we almost feel bad taking money for it….but we'll take it all the same."

Dibiase: "Bam Bam, I'm sure you will…..but here it is…as promised…$150,000."

Hayes: "Thank you very much Mr. Dibiase sir, truly a pleasure doing business with you." (Hayes reaches for the briefcase but Gordy grabs it first and opens it)

Dibiase: "Trust me Terry, it's all there…..one small detail though. You guys sure are in a big rush to get that money……what if Dusty changes his mind and comes back to wrestling."

Gordy: "Trust me…he won't! We put it on him real good, I promise ya!"

Dibiase: "Well….I'm just saying if he was to return…then it would mean you didn't get the job done and I'd expect every dime of that money back!"

Hayes: "Don't sweat it Mr. Dibiase, it's taken care of it."

Dibiase: "In that case…thank you gentlemen…I've got a plane to catch…I wanna get the hell out of Dallas as quickly as possible!"

(The Freebirds escort Dibiase down the aisle and out of the building)

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2:

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday defeat The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) when Kamala pinned Jack Hammer after a splash off the top rope

(Marc Lowrance enters the ring and welcomes tonight's special guest NWA President Bob Geigel)

Marc: "Mr. Geigel, I understand you've been reviewing some recent events here in World Class and have a couple of things you want to discuss."

Geigel: "That's right Marc, I certainly do. It's been brought to my attention that there's been some downright disgraceful acts take place here in World Class and as President of the NWA, I feel it's my duty to come here and try to restore some order. The first order of business is the actions of one Ernie Ladd and this group he's dubbed the Revolution. At the Parade of Champions, these men stormed the ring in more than one match and attacked wrestlers and won titles through nefarious means. They attacked and injured Scott Hall to the point that he's no longer able to compete in WCCW. Six men came into the ring and attacked the North American Champions Eric Embry and Jimmy Garvin and not only cost them the North American tag team championships, but also interfered in their rematch as well. Therefore I would like to announce that Ernie Ladd, Iceman Parsons, Brickhouse Brown, Koko Ware, Leroy Brown, and Ray Candy have all been fined and suspended from WCCW…..and furthermore the North American tag team titles have been returned to Embry and Garvin….and the Television title is currently held up until further notice."

Marc: "WOW…that's a blockbuster announcement!"

Geigel: "Yes sir, and I'm not done. I would like for the Freebirds to come back out here to the ring."

(The Freebirds come to the ring sans ring music this time)

Hayes: "President Geigel, you're looking well. How are you enjoying our fine city of Dallas, sir?"

Geigel: "Save it Michael, I've been in meetings all week and reviewed the tape of Dibiase's proposition of a bounty on Dusty Rhodes, as well as the attack you three perpetrated on Dusty and his acknowledgement here tonight that he was paying you the said 'bounty', therefore I'm agreeing with Fritz Von Erich and fining you each $50,000 for your part in this attack on Dusty Rhodes."

Gordy: (grabs Geigel by the collar) "Have you lost your damn mind??" (Hayes grabs Gordy and holds him back)

Geigel: "No Mr. Gordy, but If you touch me again you will have lost your job!! You have until the end of this television program to surrender that briefcase full of cash in full payment of your fine or else be suspended and stripped of the NWA World Six Man Tag Team titles." (Freebirds are stomping around in disbelief) "Now, you'll be glad to know….that I've already allocated those funds to something useful….Since the action is so out of control here recently in World Class and tempers are running high….I'm using that money to pay for a structure that will be used to provide the wrestlers here in WCCW the 'ultimate battleground' to settle the score. It will be constructed just in time for the Great American Bash here in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl, it's called the 'WAR GAMES, the Match Beyond' and you'll learn more about it from Fritz Von Erich in the weeks to come." (Geigel starts to exit, but Mr. Olympia enters the ring)

Olympia: "Mr. Geigel, I'm sorry to bother you….but I have a bit of a bone to pick with the Freebirds here and it can't wait til the Great American Bash…..you see last week in Houston, they took out my partner the Junk Yard Dog. But my other partner Jerry Lawler and I have found a replacement and we wanted a rematch against the Freebirds."

Geigel: "Well, the list of contenders for those Six Man Titles is quite long and you guys just had a shot."

Olympia: "Oh, it doesn't have to be a title shot….we just want a match with the Freebirds….you see our partner RODE in last night around MIDNIGHT….and he's just itching to get in the ring with the Freebirds."

Geigel: "Sir, I think these great fans would love to see that match…..so how about we make that our main event right here this evening!" (The Freebirds are beside themselves as they stomp away)

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #3:

Sam Houston pinned "Cowboy" Don Bass with a running bulldog

Marc Lowrance reminds everyone the NWA Texas Heavyweight Title tournament will be taking place over the next two nights in Amarillo! Also just signed for tomorrow night: NWA North American Tag Team Title Match: Eric Embry/Jimmy Garvin w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers vs. Kamala/Botswana Beast w/Gary Hart & Friday

MATCH #4:

The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton/Tony Anthony) defeated Steve Simpson/Steve Doll when Denton pinned Simpson with a swinging neckbreaker

(A clip airs of Michael Hayes grudgingly handing over the briefcase to Bob Geigel)

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes/Buddy Roberts/Terry Gordy)

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Champions

Vs.

Mr. Olympia/Jerry 'the King' Lawler/The Midnight Rider

Highlights: A large portion of the match was the Midnight Rider teasing taking off his own mask and the Freebirds scrambling to cut him off….after about 8 minutes the match broke into a six way and the Midnight Rider pinned Buddy Roberts after an elbow drop. Afterwards, Midnight Rider took the mic and in an all too familiar voice said:

Rider: "So….let me get this straight here…if ya weel….If I was to take off this here mask…and I was to just so happen to be the American Dream Dusty Rhodes……you Freebirds would now owe Ted Dibiase $150,000 that you no longer have thanks to the NWA President….is that about the size of it?"

Hayes: "Well…IF you were Dusty…yeah…BUT, your not Dusty because he retired so I'm positive you're just that imposter Dirty Rhodes back here under a mask because you lost that loser leave town match."

Rider: "Well Mikey….let's just see who it is under this mask.." (Rider starts to remove his own mask when suddenly from out of nowhere Gordy levels the camera man and the screen goes black…..)

That cliffhanger with the Midnight Rider though! :P

Honestly, this is why I also loved IRL the Mr. America angle they did with Hogan; just like everyone knew for Dusty and the Midnight Rider, everyone knew about Hogan being Mr. America and we still tuned in every week to see the heels try their damndest to prove it.

Possibly the biggest TV for World Class yet. The Freebirds are in deep trouble now!

That cliffhanger with the Midnight Rider though! :P

Honestly, this is why I also loved IRL the Mr. America angle they did with Hogan; just like everyone knew for Dusty and the Midnight Rider, everyone knew about Hogan being Mr. America and we still tuned in every week to see the heels try their damndest to prove it.

Possibly the biggest TV for World Class yet. The Freebirds are in deep trouble now!

Yeah, I thought it would it would be a fun twist to the classic angle where instead of the Freebirds trying to get the mask off the Rider, they are fighting to keep it on.

World Class changes everything in a week and doesn't miss a beat. I have never seen an episode without the VonErichs but it was still awesome. Geigel was perfect with his fine of the Freebirds and suspending of the Revolution.

I love the screen fading to black on the Midnight Rider.

TEXAS HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT- NIGHT ONE

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday June 14, 1986

Bell time: 7:30pm

Round 1:

Kevin Von Erich pinned "Freebird" Michael 'P.S' Hayes with a small package

"Freebird" Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy defeated Lance Von Erich with the 'Oriental Spike'

Dory Funk Jr defeated Steve Simpson with the Spinning Toe Hold

Mr. Wrestling 2 defeated Jimmy Jack Funk with the running kneelift

Mr. Olympia pinned Dirty White Boy Tony Anthony with a sunset flip out of the corner

Terry Funk w/Gary Hart pinned Hillbilly Jim w/Uncle Elmer with his feet on the ropes

Dirty White Boy Len Denton pinned Steve Doll after a swinging neckbreaker

Sam Houston pinned "California Stud" Rod Price with a running bulldog

MAIN EVENT

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday defeated "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin/"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers to win the tag team championships when Kamala pinned Embry after a splash off the top rope….after the match Kamala and the Beast attacked Garvin and gave him 2 splashes apiece after Gary Hart handed Big Bubba Rogers an envelope, who then left ringside after looking inside of it and pulling out a wad of cash

TEXAS HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT- NIGHT TWO

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Sunday June 15, 1986

Bell time: 7:30pm

Round 2:

Kevin Von Erich pinned "Freebird" Terry Gordy with a school boy roll up when Gordy got distracted by a large masked man who rode down the aisle of the arena on horseback

Dory Funk Jr pinned Mr. Wrestling 2 with a small package

Terry Funk defeated Mr. Olympia by count out after piledriving him on the concrete floor

Sam Houston pinned Dirty White Boy Len Denton after a running bulldog

SEMI-FINALS:

Kevin Von Erich pinned Dory Funk Jr with the 'Iron Claw'

Terry Funk defeated Sam Houston by count out after giving him a piledriver on the floor

SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Hillbilly Jim/Mike & Lance Von Erich defeated The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast)/Friday w/Gary Hart when Mike pinned Friday with a sunset flip

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

FINALS

Terry Funk w/Gary Hart pinned Kevin Von Erich with a small package with a handful of tights to win the vacant title

MAIN EVENT

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich pinned The Missing Link after a 'discus punch'

You'd think Bubba could have waited until he got backstage to pull the cash out of that envelope.

So: Kevin pins Hayes but then Bam Bam pins Lance.

Then Kevin pins Bam Bam and Kevin pins Hoss...

But brother Terry then pins Kevin.

Some nicely balanced storytelling in that Tourney.

Also: You could do a lot worse than Terry Funk as your Texas Heavyweight Champion.

Also: A guy rode a horse into the arena?

Dibiase, Geigel, Freebirds, Olympia, bounty's, fines and now the Midnight Rider. What an awesome story going here. Tremendous build for the War Games Match! Nice cliffhanger and like Gene says, I love the creativity here as the Freebirds DONT want the Midnight Rider to reveal himself. This is so much fun to read. Geigel really made the most of his appearance here as he also addresses the Revolution and their actions. I wonder what will become of Ladd and company??? Garvin and Embry get their titles back but the Head Hunters will be a serious threat. Looking forward to the Texas Title tournament. Kev made a great point about the Von Erich's being absent. That just shows you how strong these angles are and how you have so many main event caliber wrestlers that can deliver.