Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling: June 1986

GeneJackson95

Terry Funk pulls tights, uses the ropes and piledrives Olympia and Houston on the concrete as he wins the tournament and Texas Title. What a wild ride that reign will be! Short reign for Garvin and Embry and looks like Bubba had his price. Creative way for Gordy to loose his match. Who wouldn't be distracted by a masked man riding a horse into the arena LOL. It's going to be a great summer for WCCW.

That TV was great. Loved Hayes and DiBiase 's exchange. Giving Garvin and Embry their belts back is great, but that next title match... Loved the cliffhanger at the end. Is it REALLY Dusty?? We may never know.

1st round of the tourney seemed like the right guys won. Houston and Price was the only one in question. Garvin had a rough night and it looks like Traylor has not found his morals yet.

Funk's win in round 2 was perfect. A guy on a horse would distract me at a wrestling show too, so I can't blame Gordy. I wonder who that might have been. :) Much like with the Real American Machine in Japan, we may never know. People have to watch that damn piledriver on the floor with Terry. Funk is such a better choice as champ. Kevin never once did anything for me as a wrestler.

Great, great job of switching gears and immediately having hot feuds. Really impressive work.

• 2 weeks later...

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 6/12
Airing on Friday 6/20 on WTVT throughout Texas
And various outlets across the Southwest
Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard
Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

Show opens with highlights of the NWA Texas Championship tournament ending with Terry Funk winning the title in the finals

Mercer and Prichard discuss the ending of last week's show where the Midnight Rider was about to unmask, but Terry Gordy leveled the cameraman causing the show to fade to black early. Prichard said the Freebirds have promised tonight to reveal the true identity of the Midnight Rider and they promise it's NOT Dusty Rhodes.

MATCH #1:

Sam Houston pinned Randy Watson with a running bulldog

After the match Mr. Wrestling 2 came to ringside and said he's looking for a partner to challenge for the NWA North American tag team titles tomorrow night in San Antonio,  Wrestling 2 says he knows his career is starting to wind down but he knows he has one more title run left in him and he would love to win those belts alongside a wrestler such Sam Houston.  Houston mulls it over for a second, then offers and handshake and agrees to be Mr. Wrestling 2's partner.

MATCH #2:

Jimmy Jack Funk w/Gary Hart defeated The Blue Cyclone with a swinging neckbreaker

Hart takes the mic after the match and says the Headhunters will destroy Sam Houston and Mr. Wrestling 2 tomorrow night but more importantly Terry Funk will beat Kevin Von Erich just like he did in his hometown of Amarillo to retain his Texas championship, and who on earth makes a better Texas champion than Terry Funk??

COMMERCIALS

(VTR: Ivan Koloff along with NWA World Champion Nikita Koloff along with a masked man who is built very similar to Kerry Von Erich stand in front of a wall with the Russian Flag draped across it)

Ivan: "So Nikita, it's been made official by Fritz Von Erich that his boy Kerry will be your challenger at Great American Bash in Dallas on July 22nd.  The so-called North American Champion thinks he stands a chance against a superior Russian athlete such as yourself…..well Kerry Von Erich you will learn just like all the other inferior American wrestlers that you aren't competition for the Russian Nightmare.  So Mr. Von Erich we are sending one of our KGB down to Texas to show just what you have in store for you on July 22nd in Dallas…..This man right here, the Soviet Warrior…look at him Kerry Von Erich….this man could be you under this mask he's built just like you….the difference is he's a superior Russian athlete and you will fall to him just like you will fall the Nikita at Great American Bash!"

Nikita: "One by one they come for Nikita……the Magnum TA's, the Hacksaw Duggan's, the Austin Idol's, and the list goes on…..one by one they come….and one by one they go down to Russian Sickle….Kerry Von Erich…I do not care what your name is……I do not care who your father is…..and I do not care how many American girls scream when you take your robe off……you too will fall to Nikita…just like America will fall to Russia….so do yourself a favor and tell your Daddy you do not want to wrestle Nikita….if not…deal with the consequences."

MATCH #3:

Kevin Von Erich pinned "California Stud" Rod Price with a small package

Kevin takes the mic past match and said that tomorrow night he's going to get revenge on Terry Funk and bring the Texas championship back to the Von Erich home and give the great fans of WCCW a champion they can be proud of just like his brother Kerry…..and he adds that if those Russians show their face while Kerry defends his title tomorrow night he won't hesitate to have his back!

(VTR- Highlights are shown of Dibiase paying the Freebirds last week and his final words that if Dusty Rhodes didn't stay retired, they would owe him $150,000)

(The Freebirds come down to the ring to 'Badstreet USA' and Michael Hayes takes the mic)

Hayes: "Last week there was a lot rumor and speculation on just who this Midnight Rider is…Well right now the Freebirds want to lay this speculation to rest once and for all….so Midnight Rider, if you've got the guts….come on down here and face us right now!"

(The Midnight Rider comes to ringside and steps into the ring with the Freebirds)

Gordy: "Last week you wanted to take that mask off so bad….well go ahead then…take it off and show these folks…who you're not!"

(Rider refuses to remove his mask….so Gordy snatches it off his head revealing……….DIRTY RHODES a/k/a Roger Smith)

Hayes: "I knew it! I told you last week that's who the Midnight Rider was…"

(Mr. Olympia and Jerry 'the King' Lawler come down and enter the ring)

Lawler: "Who do you guys think your foolin?  You know good and well that was not the Midnight Rider."

(Before Lawler can finish that statement, Another Midnight Rider who is wearing a cowboy hat and a big leather duster comes down and enters the ring)

Lawler: "Come on Dusty, take that mask off and show everybody….." (This time before Lawler can finish that statement, the Midnight Rider unleashes a FIREBALL at Lawler and Lawler is writhing in pain on the mat as the "Midnight Rider" rips the mask off revealing…..PERCY PRINGLE!!)

Pringle: "You tried to kill me with a fireball Lawler now how do you like it boy!??"

(Mr. Olympia goes to attack Pringle but gets swarmed by the Freebirds……as Lawler gets helped away from ringside after being burned….the Freebirds and Pringle are laying a beating on Olympia until Lance Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, and THE AMERICAN DREAM DUSTY RHODES hit the ring and even the odds making the save for Mr. Olympia as the Freebirds and Pringle flee the scene.)

Dusty: "FREEBIRDS……guess what?  You didn't get the job done!! You gave It yo' best shot and it wasn't good enough! So now then….not only are you going to have me…..Mr. Olympia….and the Von Erichs whippin' yo a** in pu'lic if ya weel…..you gonna have Dibiase and his boys looking to take $150,000 outta yo a** as well…..if you boys have the guts then step in that ring in San Antonio tomorrow night…..but if you really wanna settle this like men….then sign that dotted line…..and agree to meet us in the WAR GAMES on July 22nd!!"

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4:

The Missing Link destroyed Sammy Hall and pinned him after a running headbutt

Marc Lowrance runs down the card for tomorrow night in San Antonio:

World Class Championship Wrestling

Freeman Coliseum

San Antonio, TX

Saturday June 21, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT
NWA North American Heavyweight Championship

"Modern Day Warrior"

Kerry Von Erich

Vs.

The Soviet Warrior

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Six Man Tag Team Grudge Match

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts)

Vs.

Mr. Olympia/Lance Von Erich/Dusty Rhodes

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast)

w/Gary Hart & Friday

Vs.

Sam Houston/Mr. Wrestling 2

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship: Rematch

Terry Funk w/Gary Hart

Vs.

Kevin Von Erich

The Missing Link

Vs.

Steve Simpson

The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton/Tony Anthony)

vs

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Hillbilly Jim

Vs.

Jimmy Jack Funk

Steve Doll

Vs.

"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton

(Card Subject to Change)

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT
NON-TITLE MATCH

NWA Texas Champion Terry Funk pinned Steve Armstrong after a piledriver

© 1986 Southwest Sport Inc.

Freeman Coliseum

San Antonio, TX

Saturday June 21, 1986

Steve Doll pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton when Ms. Brenda tried to hit Doll with her purse but accidently knocked out Rogers allowing Doll to get the pinfall

Jimmy Jack Funk pinned Hillbilly Jim with his feet on the ropes

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) defeated The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton/Tony Anthony) when Smothers pinned Anthony with a sunset flip off the top rope

The Missing Link defeated Steve Simpson after a powerslam

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship: Rematch

Terry Funk w/Gary Hart fought Kevin Von Erich to a 'No Contest' when both men where counted out brawling outside the ring

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday defeated Sam Houston/Mr. Wrestling 2 when Kamala pinned Wrestling 2 after a 'big splash'……afterwards Mr. Wrestling 2 had to be helped from the ring by Sam Houston

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Six Man Tag Team Grudge Match

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) w/Percival Pringle III defeated Mr. Olympia/Lance Von Erich/Dusty Rhodes when Gordy pinned Lance Von Erich after Pringle distracted Lance

MAIN EVENT
NWA North American Heavyweight Championship

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich pinned The Soviet Warrior after landing the 'discus punch'

Post match while Kerry was celebrating in the ring….."Dr. D" David Shultz hit the ring wearing a red t-shirt with a yellow hammer/sickle on it and attacked Kerry with a "Russian Chain" after striking Kerry in the head a few times busting him open, he began to check Kerry with it…..until Kevin and Lance Von ran into to make the save….Shultz exited back out through the crowd the way he entered

Totally didn't expect Percy Pringle popping up and throwing the fireball at Jerry Lawler. Nice surprise and great booking!

"Dr. D" being in cohoots with the Koloffs is nothing but bad news for the Von Erichs! Smart association though as it totally fits his mercenary mentality.

Awesome TV angle with the Midnight Rider! Pringle throwing the fireball in Lawler's face, WOW did not see that coming. Then Dusty Rhodes comes out and cuts a great promo and lays down the War Games challenge. Just great TV! I cant tell you how hyped I am for the War Games match. Also love the build to Nikita/Kerry. 

Great card in San Antonio. Dr. D returns to WCCW in only a way Dr. D can. Man, Dr. D in an alliance with the Russians will be nothing but dangerous. Southern Boys/Dirty White Boys is a fun program. The Headhunters showed their dominance by taking out Wrestling 2. Who can stop these beasts?? The Freebirds have been on a roll since winning the 6 man titles. Terry Funk and Kevin Von Erich continue their heated rivalry. 

Houston is getting the rub in more than one promotion.  Nice to see something go his way.  I have to agree with Hart.  Can't think of a better Texas champ than the Funker.  Incredible angle to finish the show with Lawler eating a fireball and DUSTY coming out to make a challenge!  If that TV doesn't get the fans hot for what comes next, nothing will.  Oh, and those Freebirds have a little heat with Texas crowds at this point.

Southern Boys vs. DWBs would have been Southern tag wrestling at it's finest.  Kevin and Terry going to a DCO seems right.  Wrestling 2 taking the fall is a surprise, but in a good way.  Freebirds get the win in the right way for everyone involved.  Dr. D!  Love how you keep throwing surprises out there in meaningful ways.

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 6/26
Airing on Friday 6/27 on WTVT throughout Texas
And various outlets across the Southwest
Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard
Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Show opens with footage of Kerry Von Erich pinning the masked Soviet Warrior and the post match attack by "Dr. D" David Shultz, we also see The Freebirds defeat Dusty/Lance/Olympia with help from Percy Pringle…..we then get welcomed to the show by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard)

Mercer: "We'll discuss the action you just saw more in a few moments but first must announce the huge MAIN EVENT that Frank Dusek has just signed for right here tonight on television as the former North American tag team champions Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry will get their rematch against the champions the Headhunters, Kamala and Botswana Beast…with an added stipulation….the losing team must LEAVE WCCW!"

Prichard: "That's right, but from there things only get tougher for whoever has the titles as the champions will have to defend them tomorrow night in Ft. Worth against The Fabulous Ones, Steve Keirn and Stan Lane!"

Mercer: "That will certainly be a huge challenge for whoever walks out of here the champions tonight.  Also in action this evening will be Kevin Von Erich taking on Dory Funk Jr who wants to take Kevin out before he gets his rematch against brother Terry tomorrow night in Ft Worth in a Lumberjack Match for the Texas Heavyweight Championship."

Prichard: "Speaking of Kevin Von Erich, his brother the North American Champion Kerry Von Erich will be here tonight to talk about the heinous attack by 'Dr. D' David Shultz and the obvious connection between Shultz and the Koloffs."

Mercer: "All that and much, much more but right now let's go to the ring for our opening bout."

MATCH #1:

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) defeated Chris Kilgore/Josh Holley when #2 pinned Holley following a Superplex

(VTR: Dusty Rhodes and Mr. Olympia are sitting at a table in a bar)

Dusty: "You know Mista….them Freebirds have really got our backs against the wall….they managed to get the better of us last week in San Antonio with the help of Percy Pringle….and they managed to injure our partner Lance Von Erich so it would seem that we are at a distinct disadvantage if ya weel….tomorrow night in our rematch with the Freebirds…..however, I got an unexpected phone call from a man who said he has a bone to pick with the Freebirds…..now I don't know what that's all about but the bottom line is….we need a partner….and he's just the kinda partner we need."

Mr. Olympia: "That's great….but who is it Dream?"

Dusty: (Smiles) "A little fella by the name……….Bruiser……Brody."

Mr. Olympia: "That guy's a shady character……but that might just be what we need to win this thing."

Dusty: "Mista, you took the words out my mouth…..took them words right out my mouth."

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2:

Steve Doll/Steve Simpson defeated Fire/Flame by pinfall when Doll pinned Fire with a small package

(VTR: We see footage of Mr. Wrestling 2 getting splashed by the Headhunters and helped out of the ring in San Antonio, Marc Lowrance tells us in a voiceover that Mr. Wrestling 2 has informed management that he will be here next week with a big announcement concerning his career and the legacy of Mr. Wrestling)

MATCH #3:

Scott Putski pinned Randy Watson with a flying crossbody

(Post Match: Marc Lowrance comes to ringside to speak with the young rookie Scott Putski)

Lowrance: "Scott, welcome to the Sportatorium….and welcome to World Class Championship Wrestling it's great to have you here."

Putski: "Marc, it's great to be here…..I love Dallas and my Dad always told me the greatest wrestling fans in the world are right here in Dallas, Texas." (big pop)

Lowrance: "Well, your father Ivan Putski would certainly know he competed here often over the years…"

(Marc is cut off my "Hustler" Rip Rogers who shows up out of nowhere)

Rogers: "Now wait just one second here…..I made my triumphant return to Texas last week and nobody put a microphone in my face…..nobody asked what my Daddy thinks about Dallas."

Lowrance: "I'm sorry Rip but I don't produce the shows, I just interview who I'm told and right now we're trying to speak with Scott Putski."

Rogers: "Nobody cares what some wet behind the ears snotnosed punk has to say about anything….much less what his washed up old Daddy has to say…" (Putski shoves Rogers)

Putski: "It's one thing to disrespect me…..but I will not stand here and listen to you disrespect my father."

Rogers: "Boy, you have no idea what you've just done….how about tomorrow night you step in the ring with me kid….you won't have to 'stand there' and listen to me talk about your father….I'll put you on the mat….and you can listen to it there."

Putski: "We don't have to wait until tomorrow night, there's an empty ring…let's do it right now!

(Putski jumps in the ring fired up and the fans cheer….but Rogers just laughs and walks away)

COMMERCIALS

(VTR: Percy Pringle is sitting next to a swimming pool wearing sunglasses, Hawaiian Shirt, and Bermuda Shorts)

Percy: "After my successful return last week on tv where I burnt Jerry Lawler's stupid face off and then led my friends the Freebirds to victory against those three losers….I felt like I should treat myself and take a week off so here I am soaking up the sun and enjoying a cocktail or two poolside.  However, rest assured I'll be returning in a BIG way real soon because I will soon be unveiling the next great champion in the NWA…..a man whose been mislead and mistreated…..misguided and mishandled but with my guidance…and my handling…this man will be the star he's always been destined to be…..so get ready Dallas…he's coming back…and he will be better than you've ever imagined!"

MATCH #4:

"Dr. D" David Shultz pinned Sammy Hall after a piledriver

(We cut to the dressing room where Marc Lowrance is with Kerry Von Erich)

Lowrance: "Kerry, I know you just watched David Shultz's match here on the monitory, last week he attacked you after a grueling match with the Soviet Warrior, you were attacked by 'Dr. D' David Shultz who was wearing a shirt with the hammer and sickle on the front….Does that mean he's working with the Koloff's?"

Kerry: "Marc, he's neither confirmed it or denied it….but I'm pretty positive that Ivan and Nikita sent him after me and that the Soviet Warrior was only a distraction….regardless, tomorrow in Ft. Worth I'm going to be facing Shultz in an unsanctioned 'Lights Out' match and I promise you I will get my revenge for what Shultz did to me in San Antonio."

Lowrance: "Meanwhile, your NWA World title shot looms in the distance, are you prepared to face Nikita Koloff for that championship in July 22nd."

Kerry: "Well obviously I haven't spent as much time training as I would like, because I have to defend this North American championship and I've got guys like Shultz coming after me…..but the fact is…the Great American Bash tour is going all over place and Nikita will be defending that title at most of those events….so whose to say Koloff will even still be the champion come July 22nd….but it seems to me that the Koloffs consider me a big threat or they wouldn't be sending folks after me to try and take me out."

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #5:

Kevin Von Erich defeated Dory Funk Jr w/Gary Hart by DQ when Hart interfered….this brought out Terry & Jimmy Jack Funk who attacked Kevin before being chased away by Kerry & Mike Von Erich with steel chairs

NWA Great American Bash Control Center: Gordon Solie reporting from NWA Headquarters runs down all the top cards for the GAB from across the NWA….and does a profile on NWA World Champion Nikita Koloff and NWA World Tag Team Champions the Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) w/Paul Ellering

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT
NWA North American Tag Team Championship- Rematch

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeated The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday by DQ when all three Funks hit the ring and attacked Garvin/Embry…….they put quite the beatdown on them until Kevin/Kerry/Mike Von Erich hit the ring to try and even the odds but they were still outnumbered until The Fabulous Ones hit the ring and the show went off the air with a wild brawl, followed by Marc Lowrance running down tomorrow night's card in Ft. Worth.

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc.

Will Rogers Coliseum

Ft. Worth, TX

Saturday June 28, 1986

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTS OUT GRUDGE MATCH

"Modern Day Warrior"

Kerry Von Erich

Vs.

"Dr. D" David Shultz

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Elimination Match

Vs.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Mr. Olympia

Bruiser Brody

Lumberjack Match

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

Terry Funk w/"Playboy" Gary Hart

Vs.

Kevin Von Erich

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast)

w/Gary Hart & Friday

Vs.

The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane)

Jimmy Jack Funk

Vs.

Sam Houston

#1 Contender's Tag Team Gauntlet Match

Vs.

The Nasty Boys (Knobbs/Saggs)

Vs.

Vs.

Steve Doll/Steve Simpson

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)

Vs.

Hillbilly Jim/Uncle Elmer

"Hustler" Rip Rogers

Vs.

Scott Putski

Will Rogers Coliseum

Ft. Worth, TX

Saturday June 28, 1986

Scott Putski pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers with a crucifix

Post match: Rogers grabbed a mic and told Putski, "Kid, I underestimated you….and I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong…I want you to come back in this ring because I wanna shake your hand like a man."  Putski came back in the ring….Rogers shook his hand but as he went to let go, Rogers kicked him in the groin…and grabbed the mic again. "You're just as dumb as your Polish Daddy!"

#1 Contender's Tag Team Gauntlet Match

Vs.

The Nasty Boys (Knobbs/Saggs)

Vs.

Vs.

Steve Doll/Steve Simpson

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)

Vs.

Hillbilly Jim/Uncle Elmer

Order of Elimination:

Southern Boys defeated the Nasty Boys when Smothers pinned Saggs with a sunset flip

The Dirty White Boys defeated The Southern Boys when Denton pinned Smothers after loading his boot and kicking him in the head

The Dirty White Boys defeated Doll/Simpson when Anthony pinned Simpson with his feet on the ropes

The Super Destroyers defeated The Dirty White Boys when Super #2 pinned Anthony after a superplex

The Super Destroyers defeated Hillbilly Jim/Uncle Elmer when Elmer got counted out

***Winners***

The Super Destroyers

Sam Houston pinned Jimmy Jack Funk after a running bulldog……post match Funk attacked Houston and choked him out with the noose he brings to the ring with him until the officials pulled him off

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday defeated The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane) when Hart tripped Keirn allowing Beast to hit him with a 'big splash' and get the pin

Lumberjack Match

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

Terry Funk w/"Playboy" Gary Hart pinned Kevin Von Erich after lumberjack Terry Gordy hit Von Erich with the 'Oriental Spike' and tossed him back in the ring

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Elimination Match

Vs.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Mr. Olympia

Bruiser Brody

Falls:

Rhodes eliminated Roberts by pinfall with an elbow drop

Hayes eliminated Olympia by pinfall with his feet on the ropes

Brody eliminated Hayes by pinfall after a piledriver

Gordy eliminated Rhodes by pinfall after Brody turned on him and gave him a 'big boot' to the back of the head

Brody was eliminated by DQ when he started beating Gordy with a steel chair…..he then took his chain and started choking Gordy….he then took the microphone and told Gordy…."Consider that a message from Ted Dibiase…..he wants his money back!!"  Hayes and Roberts hit the ring but Brody started swinging the chain and they cleared out as they dragged Gordy out of the ring bleeding…. As Brody was watching them, Terry, Jimmy Jack, and Dory Funk Jr……along with Kamala and Botswana Beast hit the ring and attacked Bruiser Brody…….Brody was battered and bloodied but kept trying to get back to his feet….but would just get beat down again…..Terry Funk took a microphone.

Terry Funk: "Brody, you piece of garbage……you listen to me and listen good…..You tell that son of a b**** Ted Dibiase if he wants his precious money to come down here to Texas and try to get it…..The Funks, Gary Hart, and The Freebirds have come together to rule this state….and when we get done with Dusty Rhodes, the Von Erichs, and all these other goody two shoes….there will be nothing left of any of them!" (Hayes grabs the mic)

Hayes: "Dusty Rhodes…..consider your WARGAMES challenge for Great American Bash accepted and if we did this to Bruiser Brody…..just imagine what we're going to do to you! You might wanna reconsider that retirement."

(The Freebirds, The Funks, Kamala, Beast, and Gary Hart exit the ring…..a bloodied Brody crawls over to the microphone)

Brody: "Is that all you ladies got?  I came here looking for a fight!"  (As Brody pulls himself up with the ring ropes, David Shultz enters the ring for the next match…..Brody flips off Shultz and spits at him….Shultz charges him and a fight breaks out between them until Kerry Von Erich rushes the ring and grabs Shultz and suddenly their lights out match is on as Brody rolls out to the floor and wanders off into the stands)

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTS OUT GRUDGE MATCH

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich pinned "Dr. D" David Shultz in a wild bloody brawl after a 'discus punch'

Spectacular card from Ft. Worth... some big time matches and huge results but then the War Games is announced. Gonna be great to watch this unfold and pay off. 

I like the Kerry v Dr. D stuff and Dr. D has got a renewed push in the world of wrestling right now and he can still be a prime time player in the right position. I like his spot here. 

The other thing I really like is how Gordy was one of the lumberjacks and then he was in the match. That was classic world class with guys working 2 or 3 spots in a show. 

Keep doin work buddy!

Good grief! Where do I begin? Man that was some serious non stop action. As I've said before, I really enjoy lower card feuds and you set up a couple of fun one here with Putski/Rogers and Houston/Jimmy Jack. Super Destroyers win a fun gauntlet match, setting them up as a serious threat. Headhunters continue their dominant reign. Funks and Freebirds together!!! Oh man that's serious trouble for Dusty Rhodes. Brody had quite a night in Ft. Worth. Ted Dibiase is a huge part of all this and he's not even in the building. What a great and creative angle this is. The War Games is going to be insane! This is got to be the most anticipated match of the summer. WCCW is the perfect place for Dr. D. Kerry gets the win but I have a feeling we're going to be seeing more of Dr. D. 

WCCW is on fire after that one!  Brody causes complete havoc in the ring while Dibiase is causing havoc from 1,000 miles away but the Freebirds and Hart might just have outsmarted all of them.  Can Dusty fight off this many enemies?  Hw might need more then Mr. Olympia and a sneaky Brody.  They were right in the bar not to trust Brody but it gave them a shot at the win.

Also, all of the subtle little things like Gordy hitting Kevin VonErich with the Oriental Spike during the Lumberjack Match just sets up the future so nicely.

Perfect

Dusty bringing in Bruisr Brody?!?  Putski and Rogers is a nice way to start a feud.  I wonder who Pringle's new hire is!  Lights out match sounds great, really good use of Dr. D.  Great, great way for the Fabs to get the rub there.  Helping the Von Erichs is going to put them over big with the Dallas crowd.

Rogers getting heat on Putski after a loss is the right next step.  Puts Putski over but also makes sure that the fans want to see him beat Rogers again, and worse.  Super D's winning the title shot is a great choice.  Headhunters and Fabs would have been an incredible match.  The elimination match was really well done.  Brody should figure into Texas in a good way for a little while.  Kerry gets the win in the Lights Out match and sends the fans home happy.