Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/04 - 06/10 The Big Dog Returns To His Yard

KawadaSmile

Kinda surprised there's no thread about Punk's trial, there's some interesting tidbits from it. Then again, I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Only thing I really care about is the verdict. Who knows how far away that will even be. And it'll take like two seconds to read it on Twitter.

Christ.

Are they Weekend at Bernie'ing him there?

He looks worn smooth the fuck out. He looks like Marc Maron forgot to eat for six weeks.

... In all seriousness though, he does look like somebody who's showing signs of overtraining/poor recovery habits. It takes a toll on your CNS and you generally feel like a lifeless sack of shit.

Or pretty much how Punk looks there, basically.

Does he have a hope in Hell of winning this fight on Saturday, or is he fighting a tomato can this time?

The guy he is fighting likely wouldn't even be in the UFC if he wasn't being brought in to fight Punk. He is 33 years old, and has an 0-1 MMA record.

However, his loss is to the same guy that demolished Punk, and he is apparently a pretty good Muay Thai guy.

So, unless Punk has improved significantly, he is probably getting knocked out to end this experiment.

I liked the Sami Zayn promo where he wanders through the crowd. I thought that was kind of interesting. The end of it seems kind of strange, and it was weird that Lashley didn't really seem to have a lot to say other than just standing there. Zayn suggesting he is lying about being in the military seemed a little different. It was interesting that it brought out a USA chant, only to have them cut off the chant with piping entrance music in the arena, when you think the better option would have been to build on that. But of course since Lashley is just following his script, he presumably can't break off of that to react to the crowd. A USA angle for Bobby Lashley may help him though.

Going immediately from that to Jinder and Reigns was weird, and I don't think the fans are going to chant USA for Reigns. I did like how Reigns didn't just stand there for Jinder's promo, that he searched through the backstage looking for him. Although since we already know Jinder was watching Reigns on a monitor since he responded to him, it didn't make too much sense that he just wanted for him there, so now in this segment the heel looks like the dumb one. Also, I think they should have had a longer backstage brawl. I thought it ended too quickly.

Does he have a hope in Hell of winning this fight on Saturday, or is he fighting a tomato can this time?

The guy he is fighting likely wouldn't even be in the UFC if he wasn't being brought in to fight Punk. He is 33 years old, and has an 0-1 MMA record.

However, his loss is to the same guy that demolished Punk, and he is apparently a pretty good Muay Thai guy.

So, unless Punk has improved significantly, he is probably getting knocked out to end this experiment.

Punk is 39 years old and his athletic ability never was a strength in his pro wrestling career. He was a guy who made it on willpower, brains and charisma / talking skill. There is no reason to believe that he improved much since the last fight.

No surprise since Amman's whole case seemed to be "people said mean things to me on Twitter", which is hardly deserving of the nearly $4 million in damages he was asking.

Punk clearly embellished a few things but his team made it clear he did have the fabled lump, WWE doctors never seemed to catch it, and he never singled out Dr. Amman by name (the only time the name Amman was mentioned in the podcast was a reference to the unrelated lawyer with the same name). People put two and two together, but it wasn't from anything directly said.