Pro Wrestling Only

LA Park is the King of Lucha (aka 2018 is weird)

sek69

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love for someone to fill in the gaps, especially that big one between 2001 and 2011. Like I said, I was just listing a hand full good matches that I happen to think of/have notes on and I am not the person to come to for comprehensive career analysis.

CMLL is open to bringing in anyone not under contract to AAA at this point. Best to just enjoy the ride as long as we can.

That's something I can get behind. I've been to all the major shows since late 2016 but if somehow this all leads to the Rush apuestas match, I'd lose my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SmartMark15 said:

Was this a CMLL show? Would like to know if it's up on YouTube.

Yes and yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLornQzs26c

The last three matches were great fun. For as much doubt as I had that they could somehow hold this over until mid-September, tonight has me thinking they could somehow do it. I rarely have faith in CMLL booking to produce something exciting but this whole angle has me wondering where they're gonna end up with all this.

Part of the frustration people have with CMLL is that they can be really really good when the people running things give a shit enough to try.  It seems like having Park around was enough of a spark to get them motivated to do fun stuff again.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:28 AM, joeg said:

Parks vs Munoz brothers from IWRG two days ago is on youtube. Wild brawling. Seems like the sort of thing that would be right up the Segunda Caida guys alley.

Watching this match felt like going back in time 35 years. I loved it. Bless these two men and their efforts to preserve the type of wrestling I love.

Park vs Rush was an absolute blast with an all timer of an ending. Park trying to must beat Rush to death with his bare hands while security scrambles to save his life, carrying him out.  What great wrestling theater. They have a lot of time between now and Sept, but as of this second, this is the hottest thing in wrestling.

35 minutes ago, sek69 said:

My skeleton-obsessed six year old popped in while I was watching the CMLL show and after a few moments declared his favorite wrestler was the "bone man". I feel like this is my biggest accomplishment as a parent so far. 

top marks for you, sir