Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-01-28-WWF-Philadelphia, PA] Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle

Migs

We're in Philly here. Angle is being managed by Trish Stratus, which I do not remember at all. Camera work here is better than the MSG handheld from the prior evening, although that's a pretty low bar. Some mat work at the start, which feels perfunctory but is executed pretty well. Just as the match is picking up, we have people in front of the camera man getting up. I think Jericho kisses Trish against her will, which is not a great look in hindsight. This slows down quite a bit in the middle. Pretty good response for Jericho's comeback. Ref bump, of course, although oddly it's Angle that gets a visual pin (although I guess it protects the Angle Slam, which is a nice thought given how devalued that would get). Oh, now Jericho gets a visual pin after Angle has taken out the second ref. Angle gets the win with a low blow and a second Angle Slam. Pretty solid match, although nothing you need to go out of your way to see.

• GSR changed the title to [2001-01-28-WWF-Philadelphia, PA] Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle
  • 1 year later...

Good Raw style match. Fancam is much better here than the MSG show. Angle continues to impress me in 2001 knowing when to throw in his spots and working on his pacing. Trish is out with Kurt and gets involved with the heat here. The finish shows one ref being bumped and then Angle punching the next one that comes out.  Lionsault gets a nice nearfall as Hebner recovers to make the count. Angle is able to hit a low blow and Angle Slam to pick up the win. ***1/4 (6.5)