Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/11 - 06/17 IHOB is Bloods for life

KawadaSmile

I hope they have the good decency & the common sense to give Elias the IC title. The guy's got alot going for him & actually stands a chance of becoming a bigger star for them, if they don't drag their feet on the deal and give him a legitimate shot. He really is superior to Seth in every conceivable way that actually means anything.

Plus, this could free up Seth to move into the main event mix, where all his flaws will be exposed again & everyone can put him back in proper perspective so shit makes sense again. :D

You're a good poster Savage but you gotta get past this Seth hate.

Smackdown was almost a very good show this week but it didn't quite deliver. Joe/Rusev is good on paper but it was a mess. Who's face and who's the heel? Are they both inbetweeners? The crowd had nothing to go on. And the finish was awful. Joe being pinned by a Rusev super kick is like Becky tapping out Charlotte last week. An upset victory that means nothing, for no reason other than to remind us " hey, anybody can win at mitb when the briefcase is up for grabs!" And why the hell didn't Miz do a fast count for the pinfall? Joe tried to snap his finger off after all.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm digging Paige as the slightly off kilter babyface GM. I don't recall her being anything other than atrocious on the mic during her short career but she fills this role rather well.

Nak is funny and entertaining in certain moments but boy, does his suck the life out of everything in the ring. Outside of all the pilled up dancing and twitching he's really quite boring.

Were the Iconics promos this god awful in NXT? I've already seen enough Billie Kay to know she stinks in the ring but it'd be nice to see if Royce can deliver anything.

Half the women in the main event tag match are really not up to level. It was a stark contrast to the fun four way that opened Raw.

I hate sounding this negative. It was an enjoyable enough show.

I think that Rollins/Elias match is their typical bad timing. I think it will be a great match but Elias shouldn't be taking a loss at this stage and you shouldn't be taking the title off of Rollins yet. I think they could get a solid year out of Rollins as IC Champion opening PPVs with good matches.

The Iconics are a terrible act that have no business being on the main roster. I have been a Seth Rollins hater for a long time but I think he excels at being this workhorse IC Champion. They should give him a year long run with the belt and just have him open PPVs with kick ass matches.

CONFIRMED: Huge Australia show

SUPER SHOW-DOWN Live @ THE MCG - Saturday Oct 6

Undertaker vs HHH for the final time. Cena, Rousey, HBK & Big Show will be there.

I doubt they get 100,000 but anything over 70k would be terrific. That may be on the oval alone. It is HUGE. Currently watching an AFL match there tonight, seeing a ring in the center is going to look very small. Maybe they might cut the ground in half and put the stage in the center instead. It's just too big. Another problem is the AFL Grand Final is a week before so they gonna have to work non stop to put the set together in time.

It sounds exciting but after the Greatest Royal Rumble, this might be another glorified house show.

MCGMLGArticle_620X370.jpg

The Iconics are a terrible act that have no business being on the main roster. I have been a Seth Rollins hater for a long time but I think he excels at being this workhorse IC Champion. They should give him a year long run with the belt and just have him open PPVs with kick ass matches.

Agreed. Seth is generally awful, but it's a matter of context. He's precisely where he should be, doing precisely what he should be doing at the moment. Plus he's winning more often than not. Nothing is expected of him outside of having good matches. That translates to favorable crowd reactions. He's the cruiserweights on Nitro. Placing the demands of main event matches & segments does him no favors. He's a proven failure and falls WAY short in every category when it comes to that stuff.

I just feel like a lot of people miss that point. His current over-ness isn't a sign that he should be elevated back to main event status. It's a sign that what he's doing right now is working.

After all these years and all this experience, Seth still just comes across as a guy with zero sense of storytelling or psychology. His grudge matches and blood feuds are worked exactly the same as his opening IC Title defenses on weekly Raws. Intensity, urgency, and purpose is nonexistent. It's all flashy moves and working spot-to-spot. You can practically see the gears turn in his head in between everything.

To be fair, some of his selling has improved a bit. But not by much. It's still mostly random knee-slapping and snake-hissing. As a worker, he's every bit as flawed as a Davey Richards - which is why I find it so strange when people are willing to overlook one but not the other. Seth may just benefit from being one of the few segments that eases the suffering of sitting through these dreadfully long death march cards these days. I don't know.

As far as the IIconics go? Meh. I mean they've got a stupidly spelled name. But Seth has like, what? Twelve stupid names & they all mean nothing. The IIconics are okay in their roles, but they're still figuring out how to distinguish themselves from the other female factions & characters. Seth simply has no character to speak of. So it's sort of a toss-up. I do enjoy Seth's matches alot more lately, so I guess he comes out ahead overall. But it's alot closer than it should be.

I think Rollins could main event again if they were willing to change how they do things with the main event. If they want him to do extended opening segments is where he would get in trouble. I think he can work if they are willing to adjust the presentation to his strengths.

Well yeah.

I'm just going based on their history & way of doing things.

If that were the case, it would open the floodgates for a truckload of guys - several of them still better suited than Seth for said spot.

He's still the guy with no personality or identity, working heated grudge matches with six months of story like they're a throwaway at the top of the hour on Raw. He's athletic & flashy as fuck, but guys like Jeff Hardy do so much more with so much less. They're capable of making shit mean something, which is something I've yet to see from Seth in any situation.

It's all near falls and kick-outs and "sequences" without consequences or drama of any kind.

Seth could be in main events if he's booked to be in main events, obviously. But it's not optimal. Then again, the whole structure and nature of the business is turned sideways with TV rights deals and everything - so it's not like I'd be shocked to see it happen.

It's just be really, really awful. That's all.