Pro Wrestling Only

Guys who were with the company far longer than you remember

flyonthewall2983

I was kind of shocked when I found out Mike Rotundo was still with the WWF in early 87, he even had a match with Spivey against Demolition. Speaking of Rotundo, specifically his wcw run as VK Wallstreet, I was also shocked when I saw him on a random weekend show around the summer of 97. What's odd is that the announcers made no indication that he was with the NWO, and he didnt even wear an NWO shirt, instead an anti-WCW shirt, which they also made no reference to.

There was some weird, vague angle where after a bunch of guys had jumped to the nWo, JJ Dillon announced that actually some of their "nWo contracts" were invalid for some reason, and so Wallstreet (and I think, Big Bubba? Maybe?) was forced back on to the WCW roster. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, JRH said:

I was kind of shocked when I found out Mike Rotundo was still with the WWF in early 87, he even had a match with Spivey against Demolition. Speaking of Rotundo, specifically his wcw run as VK Wallstreet, I was also shocked when I saw him on a random weekend show around the summer of 97. What's odd is that the announcers made no indication that he was with the NWO, and he didnt even wear an NWO shirt, instead an anti-WCW shirt, which they also made no reference to.

Yeah, Mike was real stop and go in the mid-80s for the WWF.  There was a period in 1985/86 after the US Express broke up where he went AWOL and just disappeared and then came back to team with Spivey for the new version of the team.

1 hour ago, DeanColes1987 said:

Legion of Doom still being on WWF TV in 99, they even had Ellering as their manager again.

Holy shit you're right, I just looked up and found their last match and Ellering was there with them,

How did they end up back together in storyline? I don't really remember anything about LOD in WWF after Hawk fell off the Titan Tron.

• 2 years later...
44 minutes ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

I found out awhile ago that Dusty Rhodes did some MSG shows in 83, quite some time after that 77-78 run he had with Billy Graham. Was there ever a longer run in the books for him in the WWF around this time or was it just him doing a favor for Vince, Sr.?

After the 77-78 feud with Graham, Dusty did MSG shots for several years. In 1981 he did a few TV appearances leading up to a big MSG match with Killer Khan, during the period when Khan had put Andre on the shelf with a broken ankle in storyline. Other than that it was strictly special attraction appearances, which ended after Vince Jr left the NWA in August 83

On 2/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, Ricky Jackson said:

After the 77-78 feud with Graham, Dusty did MSG shots for several years. In 1981 he did a few TV appearances leading up to a big MSG match with Killer Khan, during the period when Khan had put Andre on the shelf with a broken ankle in storyline. Other than that it was strictly special attraction appearances, which ended after Vince Jr left the NWA in August 83

According to Bobby Backlund's book, Vince Sr. wouldn't book Dusty that often after his initial run in 78 because he thought that Dusty was angling his way into getting a power position. He wouldn't book Dusty as strong as you think he would considering his name as a worldwide attraction. Here is his schedule in 1979.

WWWF @ New York City
1979/01/22 @ Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York (United States of America)
Dusty Rhodes defeated Lumberjack Pierre (7:02 minutes)

WWWF @ Uniondale
1979/02/10 @ Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York (United States of America)
Dusty Rhodes vs. Ivan Koloff had no winner because of a time limit draw

WWWF @ Springfield
1979/02/24 @ Springfield Civic Center in Springfield, Massachusetts (United States of America)
Dusty Rhodes defeated Baron Mikel Scicluna

WWWF @ Uniondale
1979/03/16 @ Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York (United States of America)
Dusty Rhodes defeated Ivan Koloff by countout (15:58 minutes)

WWWF @ Landover
1979/03/17 @ Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland (United States of America)
Ernie Ladd defeated Dusty Rhodes by referee stoppage

WWWF @ Philadelphia
1979/03/17 @ The Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (United States of America)
Ivan Koloff defeated Dusty Rhodes by referee stoppage (7:31 minutes)

WWWF @ Randolph
1979/03/24 @ Randolph, New Jersey (United States of America)
Dusty Rhodes defeated Ivan Koloff

WWWF @ Torrington
1979/03/25 @ Torrington, Connecticut (United States of America)
Dusty Rhodes defeated Peter Maivia by disqualification

WWWF @ New York City
1979/03/26 @ Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York (United States of America)
Lou Albano, Jerry Valiant and Johnny Valiant defeated Dusty Rhodes, Larry Zbyszko and Tony Garea (18:04 minutes) [2 out of 3 Falls Match]

WWF TV-Taping @ New York City
1979/10/22 @ Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York (United States of America)
Dusty Rhodes defeated Jimmy Valiant (5:27 minutes)

WWF TV-Taping @ New York City
1979/12/17 @ Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York (United States of America)
Harley Race (c) defeated Dusty Rhodes by referee stoppage (13:18 minutes) [NWA World Heavyweight Title]