NXT TakeOver Chicago II

C.S.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just missing some element to me.

Same here. But the last two TakeOver main events have been really special. That streak had to end eventually.

I think we'll look back at this one and fondly remember all of the fun moments it had (the wedding ring spot, etc.).

These "suits" have to be NXT developmental workers, right?

And Steve Corino as a road agent

I like Johnny Gargano basically doing Eddie Edwards in TNA as he becomes the person he hates but the finish is really stupid given Ciampa actually tapped out

Oh this isn't a blood feud it is a end a person career feud. Dropping someone with a bad neck on the boards of the ring is much more meaningful than having him bleed for a couple hours

I'm behind but Sullivan/Black was a fun boss battle. Sullivan is a little rigid but I like the way he sells kicks and thought some of his collapses down the stretch were like a gorilla getting put down with a tranq dart. I still don't think I like Nikki Cross that much though.

I'm in the minority: I liked the finish. No, the stuff with the ref was not the best, but I can kinda see how he'd think he had to stay out of the way in the midst of all that confusion.

No blood sucks though.

I can't believe I didn't recognize Corino.

Going to be honest. I did not watch the women's match at all as I have no interest in either of the ladies. Everything else was really enjoyable and I wish The Revival were still stomping around NXT to give the nerds in the Undisputed Era good dancing partners. With that said, tonight's match was fun and the right choice as an opener.

I can kind of see the Shakespearean ideal being that Gargano went so far into Ciampa's world that he lost himself utterly and became the monster he was trying to fight, especially with that last submission, and as such lost because he ultimately deserved to lose. He no longer had the higher moral ground and fate turned against him.

I dunno though. It's a long bridge to cross.

I need to double back to the opening two matches later.