Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-17-WWE-Money in the Bank] Big Cass vs Daniel Bryan

ShittyLittleBoots

I enjoyed the Backlash match a lot, but it was clear that was 100% a Daniel Bryan carryjob. It felt like he was wrestling a goddamn tree. Here though, Big Cass seemed almost like a completely different man from that night - he felt super motivated & his performance was on point. Dude showed very good swagger with his work on top, and that said work on top was actually GREAT this time. Of course it helps that Bryan was bumping & selling his ass off for him, but Cass looked very, very good. Bryan's performance in general was absolutely incredible I thought - amazing selling & he looked like an absolute killer with his offense; that leg targeting was brutal & that Missile Dropkick from the top to the back of Cass' neck is a spot that will stick with me for a long time. Also the Chicago crowd was on fire, which helped the match be even more energetic than it already was by the great work of the 2 men in that ring. One of my favorite WWE matches of the year. ****1/4

Leaps and bounds above their last PPV match. One of the best things about wrestling is watching a sublime talent get something brilliant out of an opponent who's usually useless. Cena did it with Khali, Okada did it with Fale and now Bryan's done it with Cass. The hot Chicago crowd and the positioning of this match on the card certainly helped things too. Bryan bumped the hell out of for Cass's dull offense. He also has incorporated more mat wrestling into his arsenal, closing down his larger opponent by targeting the legs. Cass still doesn't know how to show much character. His dumb rat-like facials do nothing for me, but it doesn't matter all that much because this was the Daniel Bryan show.

★★★½

Bryan might be the best brawler they have right now. Him beating the shit out of Cass' knee with punches was some rad stuff.

It was a relief that this wasn't strictly a carryjob from DB - I have faith in Cass and I think he might go on to be something great, and while he has no business beating Bryan at all, he did bring some nice stuff in this match.

This was definitely a major step up from the Backlash match. I still wouldn't say Cass is "good", but he had a somewhat better idea of how to work his heat segments. But this was definitely a Bryan performance by bumping and selling as well as he did and constantly attacking the leg.

Not a great match but perfectly solid.

This started rough to me. Cass took a minute to get his footing in this match I think. Once he did though they did sort of hit a stride that was very good. Bryan is still the star of the show though. I think he does a lot to help elevate the match. The story is more legible here than in their previous match (which I liked fine) and they are able to build the uncertainty a little better. This probably just hits the **** mark for me, particularly considered in context as a strong, concise opener.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-17-WWE-Money in the Bank] Big Cass vs Daniel Bryan