Pro Wrestling Only

Possible Royal Rumble lineup

goodhelmet

The Rumble will have to save the show. With the PPV being in San Antonio and HHH just falling out of the picture, I could see certain people pushing for Michaels to get the win and go into WM to face Cena. Undertaker is the other favorite. Yes, this is 2007.

Cena/Umaga should be really good. I really enjoyed the NYR match a lot.

I can also see Finlay making a long showing in the Rumble just because they might want a road agent in there to call eliminations.

Batista/Kennedy should be inoffensive if kept really short, but it'll probably go longer than it should since it's a title match.

I like Lashley with the right opponent, but Test isn't the guy for that spot. I haven't watched ECW in a while. Is Test a babyface now? Is he being pushed as a worthy contender or is it more of a Lesnar/Holly at Royal Rumble '04-style buildup?

Depending on what kind of shape Joey Mercury is in, MNM/Hardyz should be good. Jeff Hardy has been looking good by Jeff Hardy standards since returning, and Matt and Mercury are both really good. If you want to know how good Joey Mercury is, all you have to do is compare MNM matches to Johnny Nitro singles matches.

I like Lashley with the right opponent, but Test isn't the guy for that spot. I haven't watched ECW in a while. Is Test a babyface now? Is he being pushed as a worthy contender or is it more of a Lesnar/Holly at Royal Rumble '04-style buildup?

Test is still heel. They are doing a "I'm too good to be in ECW" gimmick with him.

Well, on a selfish note, I was hoping for a Benoit or Finlay singles match. However, there are still some other decent wrestlers that they could have put in all of the singles matches.

I'll be optimisic about the Cena and Hardys matches but maybe one or both is screaming out for some gimmick to be attached. I have no hope for the ECW or SD title matches.

Does America have the deal where you can watch the PPV's at certain theaters? We have that up here and it's pretty sweet. Instead of shelling out $40 or so I can spend $20 for a ticket and large drink and popcorn. Plus it's interesting to watch the shows with a a diverse group. Lots of rednecks mixed in with smarks and kids. Plus the local wrestling company is normally there.

I occasionally hear someone say they saw it at a bar, but I've yet to come across a bar that shows pro wrestling PPVs. I want to say that publicly showing PPVs is illegal here, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Really? In 2003, I pretty much lived next door to a bar that showed every WWE PPV, amongst others. It was great too, as if you came to the bar fairly early (a good hour before the show), they wouldn't charge you then, but would go around the bar and charge people $5 or $10 (depending on the "level" of PVV). That's when I would make an emergency restroom trip. :)

- Marty: Is a cheapskate sometimes.