Photo

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

• Please log in to reply
1925 replies to this topic

#1921 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6361 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:50 AM

Impact really is more than fine now. But the Impact Zone, especially the current smaller version (or any building they try to make look like it like Sony Studios the Canadian airplane hangar) is an absolute killer. They barely get enough fans to fill the side opposite the hard camera, the atmosphere is terrible, and the lighting is not great to try to hide the fan issues. I thought that the bigger, livelier crowd made it so that it wasn't as big an issue during the last PPV, but fixing the look and feel of the TV is the biggest hurdle they need to get over before they can fully rebuild.

I'm not really sure if there's an answer. Pop is allowing them to use plenty of indie stuff that doesn't look major league, so maybe it's just a matter of doing something with some of the partner Indies? Shows with their key talent draw solid crowds all the time.

#1922 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

Impact really is more than fine now. But the Impact Zone, especially the current smaller version (or any building they try to make look like it like Sony Studios the Canadian airplane hangar) is an absolute killer. They barely get enough fans to fill the side opposite the hard camera, the atmosphere is terrible, and the lighting is not great to try to hide the fan issues. I thought that the bigger, livelier crowd made it so that it wasn't as big an issue during the last PPV, but fixing the look and feel of the TV is the biggest hurdle they need to get over before they can fully rebuild.

I'm not really sure if there's an answer. Pop is allowing them to use plenty of indie stuff that doesn't look major league, so maybe it's just a matter of doing something with some of the partner Indies? Shows with their key talent draw solid crowds all the time.

For what it's worth, after the next 2 weeks of TV air from Orlando, the July TV, Slammiversary and the following TV for August into September will all be from Canada so hopefully they'll have a real lively crowd there.

#1923 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8300 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

For what it's worth, after the next 2 weeks of TV air from Orlando, the July TV, Slammiversary and the following TV for August into September will all be from Canada so hopefully they'll have a real lively crowd there.

I didn't even both going and it wasn't really a great location or easily accessible without a car.

#1924 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10043 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 PM

Fuck me for mentioning the Highway to Hell thread somewhere else, as TNA 2009 was getting on a pretty decent path (two terrific match at Genesis in Angle vs Jarrett and Sabin vs Shelley), despite Foley's useless stint so far, and there on January 29, Russo delivers a classic unwatchable, nonsensical, awful gimmick show that gets me right down the pits of the worst of the worst of WCW 2000. Worst iMPACT show ever. (and possibly worst TNA show ever to that point, including the weekly PPV era) Was Mantell on vacation or what ?

#1925 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11169 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 PM

Today in 2002 was the very first NWA-TNA show, so happy birthday Impact! You're now old enough to get a learner's permit to drive.

#1926 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted Today, 11:03 AM

Ironoc as they've already been taking an L for years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users