Pro Wrestling Only

Bix Podcast for 2/10/07 with the legendary Lance Russell

Bix

http://www.davidbix.com

The incomparable Lance Russell joins me to discuss various topics such as Sputnik Monroe, Elvis Presley, his WCW stint (including working with the Freebirds), being recognized outside of the Memphis territory, the music of Jimmy Hart, and much, much more. A tremendous show and I can’t wait to have him on again.

Man, when I was listening to it, I kept thinking of all these questions I wanted to ask him. Good job on the interview and it is good to hear Lance's voice. The man could still be on the air today and his voice would never sound tired.

If you ever get the chance to talk to him again,

Did he ever get a chance to watch wrestling promotions outsdide the area while he was doing Memphis television?

What did he think were Lawler's strengths and weaknesses?

You taked about Nick Bockwinkel but what does he think about other champs who passed through like Jack Brisco and Terry Funk?

Why does he think Memphis was so successful for so long?

These may have been answered in his Highspots shoot but these are just a few of the things I could think of.

Also, I think the JJ Dillon show will be really great, but I suggest that the focus is more on wrestling philosophy and what makes a company work or not work versus asking him where he worked and his opinions on the people he worked with.

Oh, definitely. That's one of the things I want to focus on. I also want to get insight into the workings of the WWF front office, and how booking there was different from booking a territory.