Pro Wrestling Only

Matches from 1998

Resident Evil

I don't see a topic here for matches from 1998 so I thought I would start one here.

Last night I watched

Benoit/Malenko vs Jericho/Eddie from the 1/29/98 Thunder episode on youtube.

A few months ago I revisted their tribute match for Brian Hildebrand and was blown away.

All this inspired me to write a little something down about this match. A short match but what an excellent bout. The work here was so advanced that it caught me off guard. So much stuff in here makes it stand out from the pack. Even the ways the heels get foiled is advanced work (which I looved) and different from your typical bout. Lots of teases of stuff (including teases of saves)and advanced countering but it wasn't just countering for countering sake. Everything was done for a reason. This bout felt like a real competition especially at the end of it.

• 8 months later...

Is this the match where Eddie gets crazy heat? I had a really low quality comp of Jericho in WCW, and I remember this match with loud "Eddy sucks!" chants. Complete with Eddy falling to his knees, and Jericho covering his ears for him.

Hey Tekcop. Good to see you around.

I'm not sure actually. It was the Thunder match where DDP calls out Benoit after Benoit says "until someone takes notice" in an interview after the bout. I can't remember if Eddie and Jericho do that spot or not but I know they do that spot on Nitro. I didn't find the Nitro match as good as Thunder but the Nitro match is a really fun one too.

I'm pretty sure they did that spot on the Brian Hildebrand show too.