Bix

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And apparently...

Local News is portraying the story as such:

* Benoit receives text messages from his house, thus the family emergency and he goes out to see it. And finds either one of the two:

1) Nancy and Daniel dead. Presumably Nancy committing suicide after suffocating Daniel.

2) Daniel suffocated, presumably by Nancy.

In the case of #1, they are saying due to the stress Benoit might have committed suicide. In the case of #2, they are saying Benoit might have killed Nancy in a fit of rage and then killed himself.

Police are starting to suspect that they will never know the true answers, according to the local noon news.

From CBenoit at SC.

Meanwhile, the weirdness of FOX NEWS of all outlets having the most comprehensive and even-handed coverage of this is mindblowing.

Well... other than their going into overdrive around the press conference about Roid Rage.

I'm not saying that they might have played a role. But became the focus of their post press conference.

John

Meanwhile, the weirdness of FOX NEWS of all outlets having the most comprehensive and even-handed coverage of this is mindblowing.

Well... other than their going into overdrive around the press conference about Roid Rage.

I'm not saying that they might have played a role. But became the focus of their post press conference.

While there should be more attention paid to the possibility of head injurys playing a part, they got an expert who clarified how roid rage works, and, well, that'll prove useful on message boards at least.

I hate Bob Ryder.

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT

By: Bob Ryder

6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

The doctor on Fox News said otherwise.

Or, if you want to rigidly define "roid rage," then it was roid-induced insanity.

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

"ZOMGZ SUM1 ELSE DID IT!"

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

This I can believe a little bit.

I hate Bob Ryder.

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT

By: Bob Ryder

6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

The doctor on Fox News said otherwise.

Or, if you want to rigidly define "roid rage," then it was roid-induced insanity.

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

"ZOMGZ SUM1 ELSE DID IT!"

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

This I can believe a little bit.

If I'm rolling my eyes at this post, I can imagine what John thinks of it.

WWE w/ a new, really ill-advised press release.

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting

June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

-30-

Media Contact: Gary Davis, (203) 353-5066

Jennifer McIntosh, (818) 269-5621(cell)

Who would have thought 3 years ago when Eddie and Chris were World Champions, that they'd both be dead today?

Feel sorry for his other two kids, but really a lot of the stuff going around isn't called for...

'I hate his bitch mother for giving birth to the bastard'

'The sick motherfucker I'll never watch a match of that piece of shit again'

'the man is garbage, he should be discarded as such, i hope he can wrestle in purgatory,i believe hell has some standards.'

'i wouldn't even waste the saliva to spit on his grave.'

I for one thinks there's more to this story than meets the eye, especially with the Bible's and stuff, when he wasn't in the least bit religious.

I just don't see how he could have been in his right mind. Everyone who knew him really had nice things to say about him, he always comes across so well. maybe the stress of being on the road so long, the deaths of Eddie and Owen and others, the drug use catching up on him, the injuries. I can't believe that he did it in a fully normal state of mind.

In an interview with ESPN.com on Tuesday, Ballard indicated that the boy had needle marks in his arms. The district attorney said he believed that the boy had been given growth hormones for some time because the family considered him undersized.

Whoa.

If you couple that, Daniel being required to follow the WWE dress code at all times and getting seats for veterans and Muhammad Hassan being forced to do 1000 hindu squats for what was admittedly a minor thing, it makes me wonder if Benoit took wrestling and locker room etiquette so seriously that he ran his household with the same rules as the WWE locker room. I know that's crazy, but this whole story is crazy.

Guest KingPK

I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this. I don't know if I can watch a Benoit match again without feeling really uncomfortable, which is bad because that's a lot of the wrestling I actually watch nowadays (DVDs and such).

Just a sadly bizzare 24 hours.

Umm, holy shit.

McMahon to Apologize for Benoit Tribute

By James Hibberd

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will apologize for the three-hour USA Network tribute to pro wrestler Chris Benoit that aired Monday night, sources said.

The WWE and USA Network have received complaints about the tribute, which was hastily produced after Mr. Benoit, his wife and their son were found dead in their Georgia home Monday afternoon.

Authorities said Tuesday that Mr. Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his son, then took his own life. But WWE and network officials were unaware of the circumstances of Mr. Benoit’s death when the tribute was assembled, sources said.

The WWE canceled its regularly scheduled “Monday Night RAW” event on USA Network Monday night and aired the tribute in its place.

Mr. McMahon will address wrestling fans tonight on Sci Fi Channel’s live Extreme Championship Wrestling event. He also plans to address speculation that Mr. Benoit’s actions were the result of steroid use.

The WWE plans to resume its regular wrestling telecasts, which air on USA Network, Sci Fi Channel and the CW.

I hope this little tidbit gets posted everywhere this is being discussed, before people start accepting the WWE press release at face value.

Wellness exams, under the current system, do not come back "positive" or "negative". They tested everyone's drug levels initially. If there is a decrease in levels from the last exam, they pass. If there is an increase in levels from the last exam, they fail. You can show steroids or other drugs in your system on every single wellness exam and still pass as long as there is not an increase in the steroid levels in your system.

There's also a numbered scale that maybe Bix can post that he shared with me through AIM. Basically, the lower levels indicate a passing score, and you only fail the exam if you receive higher than a certain score.

Vince apologizing for anything is very surprising, but it's the right move. I'm sure the press release Bix posted earlier in this thread is the talking points that will be used when Vince addresses the steroids talk tonight. For WWE's sake, hopefully someone close to Vince is advising him to keep his mouth shut as much as possible, but I doubt it. If not, he's going to say something ridiculous or lose his temper while being interviewed and just make himself and his company look even worse than they already do.